Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I kinda hate the mortar these days.
    When the game first came out you could plant it anywhere. Now you have to be right beside the enemy to deploy it.

Its especially bad on grand Bazaar. If the other team is pushing you back to the starting point of the level. You cant deploy the mortor there ... but the other team can mortar you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I kinda hate the mortar these days.
    When the game first came out you could plant it anywhere. Now you have to be right beside the enemy to deploy it.

Its especially bad on grand Bazaar. If the other team is pushing you back to the starting point of the level. You cant deploy the mortor there ... but the other team can mortar you.

And when you do find a place to plant it, you have to hit someone 3+ times before they die! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

yeah it got really nerfed in the last patch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Myself and a friend got banned from 3 servers on the trot last night. Both playing Recon, he was long ranging with a MAV while I was putting boots on the ground with my silenced MK 11.

He'd find a good spot, take the shots that came his way and MAV the rest of the time, I'd normally be pretty deep in the enemy area of the map, he'd locate and I'd eradicate.

It really was a hideously effective combo, I was running around the place at about 10/1 just giving the other teams fits. The first game we were in was Rush on Metro, the Admin moved us both to his team, we moved back to our original team as the teams were unbalanced and we thought it was a dick move from the Admin to move us just because we were giving his team problems. After we moved back he sent me a message asking why we moved, I told him I wanted to finish the game on the side I started on. He kicked us both.

Next game was Rush on Sharqi, took the first 3 M-Coms, went 22-2, got kicked and banned.

Finally Rush on Tehran Highway, we were defending, went for the double Recon tag-team and basically stalled the other team on the first set of M-Coms, I went about 30-3, my mate had 15 kills from his position and we once again got banned.

I guess the reason I find it annoying is that it's not like I am ****ing brilliant at this game, a dedicated two man team could easily have tracked down me and my Spawn Beacon forcing me to try and work my way back into these spots again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Myself and a friend got banned from 3 servers on the trot last night. Both playing Recon, he was long ranging with a MAV while I was putting boots on the ground with my silenced MK 11.

He'd find a good spot, take the shots that came his way and MAV the rest of the time, I'd normally be pretty deep in the enemy area of the map, he'd locate and I'd eradicate.

It really was a hideously effective combo, I was running around the place at about 10/1 just giving the other teams fits. The first game we were in was Rush on Metro, the Admin moved us both to his team, we moved back to our original team as the teams were unbalanced and we thought it was a dick move from the Admin to move us just because we were giving his team problems. After we moved back he sent me a message asking why we moved, I told him I wanted to finish the game on the side I started on. He kicked us both.

Next game was Rush on Sharqi, took the first 3 M-Coms, went 22-2, got kicked and banned.

Finally Rush on Tehran Highway, we were defending, went for the double Recon tag-team and basically stalled the other team on the first set of M-Coms, I went about 30-3, my mate had 15 kills from his position and we once again got banned.

I guess the reason I find it annoying is that it's not like I am ****ing brilliant at this game, a dedicated two man team could easily have tracked down me and my Spawn Beacon forcing me to try and work my way back into these spots again.

It's pathetic what admins get up to in this game.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I get booted off servers when I run recon a whole heck of a lot more than any other class.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

those battlefield friends videos are freaking hilarious, the sniping one is the best.

on the point of getting kicked, i don;t used rented servers, I only use ones that state no bans/kicks or use official DICE ones..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Looking at the leaderboards there and the PC seems to be hacked to shreds. Not sure why they bother playing a game they know they will win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Looking at the leaderboards there and the PC seems to be hacked to shreds. Not sure why they bother playing a game they know they will win.

coz people enjoy trolling and having a false sense of awesomeness!!

I personally would find it very repetitive and boring! Its the challenge that bring me back to the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mopey

im not exactly complaining i just picked the game up for the 360 but im wondering:

why is near every 3rd one of my deaths to a pkp tactical player (belly camper)?
    its not like im running into them or anything :/
    whats up with the pkp?

edit for grammers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

The newest assignments for premium players involve getting 100 kills with the PKP, SCAR-H, L96 and F2000.
    Claymores, AT mines and squad mate assholes reviving you in front of enemies are also back in fashion for the same reason.

PKP is also one of the most powerful (damage per bullet) guns in the game so some people just love spraying it all over the place and hoping for the best since they can't actually aim.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

The newest assignments for premium players involve getting 100 kills with the PKP, SCAR-H, L96 and F2000.
    Claymores, AT mines and squad mate assholes reviving you in front of enemies are also back in fashion for the same reason.

PKP is also one of the most powerful (damage per bullet) guns in the game so some people just love spraying it all over the place and hoping for the best since they can't actually aim.

Pig of a gun to use - have to try spray and pray now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

Defence on rush on wake island is almost impossible, raaaaaage :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

mopey wrote: »
    im not exactly complaining i just picked the game up for the 360 but im wondering:

why is near every 3rd one of my deaths to a pkp tactical player (belly camper)?
    its not like im running into them or anything :/
    whats up with the pkp?

edit for grammers
    Nothing annoys me more than being killed by people who are flat out on their stomach looking at 1 square metre of the map.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Guns, knife, etc disappearing in the middle of games and thus not able to shoot/knife, how is this **** happening nearly a year on! Happened to me tonight for the first time in every game I played. Throw in the freezing in the menus.. ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Played against invincible enemies last night in rush, bullets c4, knives were totally useless. They'd take damage but we couldn't kill them. Our team was immune to bullets and explosives but not knives, so the same dude got my tags 3 times whilst I tried to arm an m-com station. It was funny at first but got fairly fcuking annoying sharpish.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

yimrsg wrote: »
    Played against invincible enemies last night in rush, bullets c4, knives were totally useless. They'd take damage but we couldn't kill them. Our team was immune to bullets and explosives but not knives, so the same dude got my tags 3 times whilst I tried to arm an m-com station. It was funny at first but got fairly fcuking annoying sharpish.

Twas absolute madness alrite,knifing them did kinda work for me though.

You can't roadkill guys who are mortaring?

What a load of bollix.

You can't roadkill guys who are mortaring?

What a load of bollix.

I was behind a guy mortaring and I couldn't knife him. WTF is that about?

I was behind a guy mortaring and I couldn't knife him. WTF is that about?

I imagine what happened is that a load of mortar-tards were giving out because they can't set up mortars in retarded places for fear of the knife, so they stopped you being able to tag them.

Babies.

• Advertisement

A shot in the head from behind with a .44 just never seemed less fun than when it was plan B after an unsuccessful knife round the throat.

Only time I've ever used mortars was to complete an assignment. Hate the bloody things.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Its always been like that for mortars, you need to tag team them for maximum fun:

You sneak up behind

Your friend gets their attention

They try to run

They don't get very far

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Mortar users have always been knife proof, I'm owed at least 50 pairs of dogtags because I can't knife them properly. These days I just take a .44 or a bolt-action and re-arrange their faces.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

A shot in the head from behind with a .44 just never seemed less fun than when it was plan B after an unsuccessful knife round the throat.

Only time I've ever used mortars was to complete an assignment. Hate the bloody things.

Plant a claymore or C4 behind them, take out the pistol shot them somewhere that won't do damage, watch them get up and explode. Myself and a mate did it with a claymore and mines once, his dead body was flying through the air for ages.

The mortar in seine drive me mad, basically they shot out the wondow of a 2nd or 3rd story, building, they can't be hit by other mortars and usually have it at such an angle that they can't shot too.

Plant a claymore or C4 behind them, take out the pistol shot them somewhere that won't do damage, watch them get up and explode. Myself and a mate did it with a claymore and mines once, his dead body was flying through the air for ages.

That's ****ed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Mines are great for that type of stuff as they stick around unlike C4 now. did it in a packed metro 64 one night where we were pinned in the yank base, kept rushing them by C dropping mines, had a nice little line set up when all the lol noob mines message started popping up, next time i threw a nade to set off the first mine, it was carnage, there was no loling after it.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

On a bit of a knife spree lately - collecting tags .
    Starting to get serious abuse from lads now.If they cant take it they should look around now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Reported some a-hole called "frYsH" for continually team-killing me, and then reviving me. When I asked why, he said it was so he could complete an assignment. I'm guessing I was one of his "squad revives". Fcuking tard!

Couldn't "just hold "E" to die", as I was hunting for people to kill with my EOD-bot. Got one kill, and was about to get another (guy on a mortar), when frYsH team-kills me, and by the time I was revived, the EOD-bot was killed.

I wonder how much of his revives, etc, where from TK's?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

the_syco wrote: »
    Reported some a-hole called "frYsH" for continually team-killing me, and then reviving me. When I asked why, he said it was so he could complete an assignment. I'm guessing I was one of his "squad revives". Fcuking tard!

Couldn't "just hold "E" to die", as I was hunting for people to kill with my EOD-bot. Got one kill, and was about to get another (guy on a mortar), when frYsH team-kills me, and by the time I was revived, the EOD-bot was killed.

I wonder how much of his revives, etc, where from TK's?

What a fcuktard, wouldnt mind but team, revives are one of the easiest parts of the fn2000 camo award. A long game on grand bazaar will easily get you half way there.

If he cant figure that out without team killing he should get the "only for the dedicated" challenge complete by some time next year. Idiot.
    Im most of the way to getting "only for the dedicated" done and its handy enough if you pick your maps and game modes wisely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Getting kicked from a server for killing the admin , by roadkill.... in a jet....

Advertisement