Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Getting kicked from a server for killing the admin , by roadkill.... in a jet....
    Please PM me the server and admin name. May see if he likes being killed by an EOD bot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Playing Rush on Seine. Holding the A M-Com on the bridge like a ****ing Team of Bosses. A few Engies, lots of Assault with a mix of Med Packs and M320 variants and one Support guy.

The Assault guys are keeping everyone going on the bridge, they bad guys come in waves and we revive the fallen after clearing them out, make sure everyone is back up and not running from the spawn. Engies are smashing the LAV with rockets whenever it strays towards us.

The one issue is the ammo situation. With all the revives we are starting to run low, we are all requesting ammo, none is being dropped. We are jumping up and down in front of the support guy, none is being dropped. I send him a message saying "Dude, you are playing support, drop some ammo, the team needs it." Turns out he is the admin and he ****ing kicks me for it.

I messaged all my guys to let them know I had been kicked and why and everyone of them pulled out of the game...so that is 8 people that left at the same time, leaving that ****ing muppet alone on the bridge.

What a ****ing spastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Playing Rush on Seine. Holding the A M-Com on the bridge like a ****ing Team of Bosses. A few Engies, lots of Assault with a mix of Med Packs and M320 variants and one Support guy.

The Assault guys are keeping everyone going on the bridge, they bad guys come in waves and we revive the fallen after clearing them out, make sure everyone is back up and not running from the spawn. Engies are smashing the LAV with rockets whenever it strays towards us.

The one issue is the ammo situation. With all the revives we are starting to run low, we are all requesting ammo, none is being dropped. We are jumping up and down in front of the support guy, none is being dropped. I send him a message saying "Dude, you are playing support, drop some ammo, the team needs it." Turns out he is the admin and he ****ing kicks me for it.

I messaged all my guys to let them know I had been kicked and why and everyone of them pulled out of the game...so that is 8 people that left at the same time, leaving that ****ing muppet alone on the bridge.

What a ****ing spastic.

What is it about this game and that particular class not using their gadgets?!
    Perhaps Dice should change how the request pops up, maybe an on screen indicator or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

hightower1 wrote: »
    What is it about this game and that particular class not using their gadgets?!
    Perhaps Dice should change how the request pops up, maybe an on screen indicator or something.

There is an on screen indicator in the mini-map. Someone starts flashing as an ammo icon rather than the blip. Same for health bags when you're running assault, or calling out for repairs in a vehicle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

aaronh007 wrote: »
    There is an on screen indicator in the mini-map. Someone starts flashing as an ammo icon rather than the blip. Same for health bags when you're running assault, or calling out for repairs in a vehicle.

if you want ill make you admin on my server and you can play away all you want and ban who ever you want :D and set up your own maps etc... You're welcome to it :)

• Advertisement

I was thinking something more obvious tbh, clearly these thickos cant seem to find the mini map (prob explains some of their scores also)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

That L96 350m headshot thing for the assignment is a load of BS. I didn't realise how far that actually is, took me about 2 hours today being a useless tool of a recon before I got it.

I was thinking something more obvious tbh, clearly these thickos cant seem to find the mini map (prob explains some of their scores also)

Agreed :/

I know what you're talking about though, some sort of flashing indicator would be useful.

Another thing I'd like to see is a timer for fallen teammates. As their health drops down you can decide who needs to be rezed asap and who can wait a few moments. Drives me nuts running towards one guy and when I get there he disappears. Wouldn't have bothered trying otherwise.

Who at DICE is thinking up these assignments? Headshots with an F2000 (takes a while but its the worst gun of all time for headshots), 350M headshot with the L96 (ffs, are you kidding me? You want me to play like a bush wookie?), xxxx # of kills with RPGs.... The amount of RPG spam has gone up tenfold since the assignments have come out. Annoys me beyond belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

All weapons should be unlockable by default.
    For completing assignments...maybe give you a skin or some dogtag.

I have little to no interest in assignments, haven't even completed the B2K set yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Just checked BF3stats and it says that my Headshot\Kill percentage for the F2000 is 30%. The recoil on the weapon seems to naturally cause it to gravitate towards the head if you naturally aim chest height, as I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Agreed :/

I know what you're talking about though, some sort of flashing indicator would be useful.

Another thing I'd like to see is a timer for fallen teammates. As their health drops down you can decide who needs to be rezed asap and who can wait a few moments. Drives me nuts running towards one guy and when I get there he disappears. Wouldn't have bothered trying otherwise.

Or you get there and try and try and rez them and nothing happens over and over again. I know its better since the patch but still so annoying. especially when someone else runs up and does it in one.

An idea might be for the future game would be the ability to drag wounded players out of harms way before reviving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Lafortezza wrote: »
    That L96 350m headshot thing for the assignment is a load of BS. I didn't realise how far that actually is, took me about 2 hours today being a useless tool of a recon before I got it.

I got mine on Kharg Rush from the carrier to the first set of M-coms, you get defenders out in the open with Javelin/Stingers that are handy headshots once you get your ranges sorted.
    Like you say I tried a few other maps but was getting barely over 300m.

Canals rush defender is the easiest to get a long headshot. There will always be some lads trying to snipe from the boat. Usually pretty easy to get a shot off from the train tracks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Had a super weird night on BF3 last night. Just couldn't seem to read a game at all. Was endlessly going left when I should have gone right, spawning in completely stupid places, losing engagements I would normally win. It was bonkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Had a super weird night on BF3 last night. Just couldn't seem to read a game at all. Was endlessly going left when I should have gone right, spawning in completely stupid places, losing engagements I would normally win. It was bonkers.

That happens me EVERY game

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

I always get ****ty spawns on tdm. I hate people that use mortars on small exposed maps. Grrrr... And I hate being killed by premium members and their exclusive items. I queued up and bought the game the day it came out and now they want more of my money. Also the campaign on the hardest difficulty is ridiculous. The jet achievment is also hard

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

Stop jumping around like a coked up rabbit!!!

END RANT

Our server has been taken offline due to technical difficulties. Seems like a lot of the earlier servers have crapped out. Contacted Dice and they said that it could take 2 weeks to resolve. Told me that they would compensate me for the time that we go without it. Cheers lads, but that's not actually compensation. That's giving us what we paid for. Some proper complaining to be done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭Creasy_bear

Our server has been taken offline due to technical difficulties. Seems like a lot of the earlier servers have crapped out. Contacted Dice and they said that it could take 2 weeks to resolve. Told me that they would compensate me for the time that we go without it. Cheers lads, but that's not actually compensation. That's giving us what we paid for. Some proper complaining to be done.

how much do you pay for your own server? and is the price the same for PC/360/PS3?

• Advertisement

how much do you pay for your own server? and is the price the same for PC/360/PS3?
    It's Xbox so we pay with points. You can get the deal cheaper that way. 4800 MS points. That would usually be around €50 but you can get it for between 35-40.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

Got kicked from a server after 2 mins play. Deffo a record for me.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Also the campaign on the hardest difficulty is ridiculous. The jet achievment is also hard
    It's not that bad compared to say MW1 on Veteran which was very tough but do-able.
    World at war was so stupidly hard I gave up on it.
    Have a look on you tube for guides to the jet achievement, just memorise what they do.

Also I finished unlocking all the new premium model camos and there's very little consistency between between the US and RU sides, so for instance if I want the "Desert Stripe" camo on my US soldier for B2K maps I'm forced to wear "Digital Woodland" on RUS, complete BS!! :mad:

Going through 4 or 5 servers in row before I end up on a team that isn't losing by 400 tickets and getting spawn camped is getting pretty tiresome too...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    Also the campaign on the hardest difficulty is ridiculous. The jet achievment is also hard
    It's not that bad compared to say MW1 on Veteran which was very tough but do-able.
    World at war was so stupidly hard I gave up on it.
    Have a look on you tube for guides to the jet achievement, just memorise what they do.

Also I finished unlocking all the new premium model camos and there's very little consistency between between the US and RU sides, so for instance if I want the "Desert Stripe" camo on my US soldier for B2K maps I'm forced to wear "Digital Woodland" on RUS, complete BS!! :mad:

Going through 4 or 5 servers in row before I end up on a team that isn't losing by 400 tickets and getting spawn camped is getting pretty tiresome too...
    I agree. Do treyarch think that infinite enemy spawns is a good idea or something. I finished mw1\2/3 on veteran didn't think they were that bad.

Anyone else kicked from EA online tonight? Says network bandwidth or latency may not meet requirements. Hard wired xbox to router. QoS tested and jitter is max of 5ms and ping average of 20ms to google.com. 60mb line. No lost packets over a -t test.

Connection to XBL all ok.

Anyone else kicked from EA online tonight? Says network bandwidth or latency may not meet requirements. Hard wired xbox to router. QoS tested and jitter is max of 5ms and ping average of 20ms to google.com. 60mb line. No lost packets over a -t test.

4 of us got kicked from the same game earlier. Happened to one of em prior to that, so we didn't bother staying on. Seems EA has been kicking me for the last few days alright though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭richieffff

Happened to me too, was able to reconnect within 10 minutes though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

richieffff wrote: »

Happened to me too, was able to reconnect within 10 minutes though.

Same

Server back up and running a day after DICE setting a 2 week time limit. I suppose setting expectations low prevents disappointment.

And yeah, got kicked from Xbox multiplayer last night. 3 of us in the party, everyone disconnected. Knew it was an EA issue so didn't bother staying on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Whats wrong with the Stinger? Capturing the Offices on Kharg Island and a Viper hovers in above me. So stinger out - Viper filling the scope - no lock?

Ok the pilot probably has stealth and radar jammers and all that but still, the stinger is absolutely useless.

Advertisement