Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

cdb wrote: »
    Whats wrong with the Stinger? Capturing the Offices on Kharg Island and a Viper hovers in above me. So stinger out - Viper filling the scope - no lock?

Ok the pilot probably has stealth and radar jammers and all that but still, the stinger is absolutely useless.

Yeah thats happened me a few times too its horrible, it feels like a non firing RPG at times and its guaranteed you will have a perfect shot too

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

cdb wrote: »
    Whats wrong with the Stinger? Capturing the Offices on Kharg Island and a Viper hovers in above me. So stinger out - Viper filling the scope - no lock?

Ok the pilot probably has stealth and radar jammers and all that but still, the stinger is absolutely useless.

Below radar?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

The amount of complete tits playing is unbelievable.

Decryptor wrote: »

i haven't played in days though!

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

The amount of complete tits running servers come a close second . Got kicked a few times from games and I'm not setting the world on fire in game . Really pissed me off today on a French server , got a few kills while capping a flag and next thing you know I'm banned .

• Advertisement

same as that

killed shamrock (nothing to do with the story but just like saying it) and a few minutes later defending the m-com when they had a LAV beside it, hit it with 2 RPGs, reloading got shot and then got kicked by admin.

Got back in and checked the rules, nothing about banned weapons nadda.

pretty sure i didn't even kill anyone with it either just got a vehicle disabled (next one woulda taken it and a few players out as gunner was still in it too)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

danniemcq wrote: »
    same as that

killed shamrock (nothing to do with the story but just like saying it) and a few minutes later defending the m-com when they had a LAV beside it, hit it with 2 RPGs, reloading got shot and then got kicked by admin.

Got back in and checked the rules, nothing about banned weapons nadda.

pretty sure i didn't even kill anyone with it either just got a vehicle disabled (next one woulda taken it and a few players out as gunner was still in it too)

None of this would be an issue, if DICE/EA provided us with official servers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Liamario wrote: »
    None of this would be an issue, if DICE/EA provided us with official servers!
    They do. Search [DICE] in the search bar.

Just watch out as some wily admins have put that in their server names to attract users. They even put numbers after them like DICE do. Just check the sidebar info before joining. It usually has the banner and owner name.

They do. Search [DICE] in the search bar.

Just watch out as some wily admins have put that in their server names to attract users. They even put numbers after them like DICE do. Just check the sidebar info before joining. It usually has the banner and owner name.

Not for PC players.

Ah right. Unlucky!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Liamario wrote: »
    Not for PC players.

That seems really stupid of them I have to say, given it's a lot easier to hack on pc.

That seems really stupid of them I have to say, given it's a lot easier to hack on pc.

Only this morning, I joined a game. Killed 2 guys almost immediately- next thing I Know I'm kicked. For absolutely no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I joined a game of Oman CQA the other night and was going to respawn when I see a squadmate engineer running off towards one corner of the map, "What masterful and devious plan has this individual conceived?" I ponder as I watch him pull out a Javelin and spend 5 or so minutes trying to spawn camp the Russian base that doesn't exist on this map :rolleyes:

He wasn't a noob either, level 40 something!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Just got kicked for headshotting the owner of a server, my furthest headshot yet 183m :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

noshar canals on PC, CQ 64 large. flying in jet and killing anything that moves on the ground. jet comes up behind me and hits me, a bit of evasive manuevers and im behind him. get the disable and he ejects, then parachutes down to his runway waiting on new jet. to me, he's fair game, so i double back and kill him, actually just as he touches down on the ground.... kicked for baseraping. BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    noshar canals on PC, CQ 64 large. flying in jet and killing anything that moves on the ground. jet comes up behind me and hits me, a bit of evasive manuevers and im behind him. get the disable and he ejects, then parachutes down to his runway waiting on new jet. to me, he's fair game, so i double back and kill him, actually just as he touches down on the ground.... kicked for baseraping. BS.

Of course he was fair game. If you leave your uncap, returning doesn't entitle you to the same protection as a player who spawned in there. Did you try explaining to the admin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Just back from 2 weeks holidays and it feels like I've never played a shooter in my life :(
    Can't believe how bad I am.

cambo2008 wrote: »
    Just back from 2 weeks holidays and it feels like I've never played a shooter in my life :(
    Can't believe how bad I am.

Me too. I'm recovering from a four week hiatus.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

Tonight involved lag, lag and more lag, uneven teams and idiot teammates. Also these assignments where you have to use some of the worst weapons in the game are a f##king joke.

Played two ****ing EPIC games on the Bazzar. Attacking and Defending. Went 54-4 while defending as a Support with an MP7 and C4 (got a 7 man multikill with a C4 trap), went 36-3 attacking as an Assault.

Only realised afterwards that I had forgotten to hit the "capture" button.

Bollix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Playing on a server last night and I get banned? WTF I thought as I wasnt doing anything against the rules and was playing away. Messaged the admin asking why I was banned. "EU only he says" I replied - fair enough but Im from Ireland. Apparently when he viewed my profile it said US...hmmm, sure, but I am from Ireland and not sure how your seeing that as I have no location on my profile. Get a response saying "need proof, send voice message" ...????

Still being polite I sent the message , this back and fourth went on for ages when eventually I was unbanned and all was ok. A bit weird...but ok.

on the same server today and literally my very first game and I crash a little bird , stupid mistake. It happens all of us, I get kicked. Had to message the admin again and ask why? Apparently crashing a chopper is a kick able offense yet the rules saying nothing about this. I explained it was a mistake and surely that was not in the rules description. Get a message back saying crashing over and over again is a banable offense . I said I have no idea what he's on about seeing as I rarely touch helis anymore and this was in fact my first game of the day. The response said I was banned on his mates server (Im not banned on any server- not one) and any more "lip" and Ill be banned here.

Suffice to say I said go ahead, with a childish and immature attitude like that I wouldnt want to be on his server to begin with and that the same attitude he showed was the reason being a BF3 admin is a running joke within the community.

I swear to god, what in the name of blazes was EA thinking when they turned to what is (in the majority , not the entirety) a very immature bunch of people and say here "hand us cash and you can mess with everyones games". Anyone with half a brain could tell you its bound to be nothing but a cluster fcuk. i dont blame these tools of admins, they are asshats and always will be , its their nature. I blame EA, greedy cnuts the lot of 'em.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Damien360

hightower1 wrote: »
    Playing on a server last night and I get banned? WTF I thought as I wasnt doing anything against the rules and was playing away. Messaged the admin asking why I was banned. "EU only he says" I replied - fair enough but Im from Ireland. Apparently when he viewed my profile it said US...hmmm, sure, but I am from Ireland and not sure how your seeing that as I have no location on my profile. Get a response saying "need proof, send voice message" ...????

Still being polite I sent the message , this back and fourth went on for ages when eventually I was unbanned and all was ok. A bit weird...but ok.

on the same server today and literally my very first game and I crash a little bird , stupid mistake. It happens all of us, I get kicked. Had to message the admin again and ask why? Apparently crashing a chopper is a kick able offense yet the rules saying nothing about this. I explained it was a mistake and surely that was not in the rules description. Get a message back saying crashing over and over again is a banable offense . I said I have no idea what he's on about seeing as I rarely touch helis anymore and this was in fact my first game of the day. The response said I was banned on his mates server (Im not banned on any server- not one) and any more "lip" and Ill be banned here.

Suffice to say I said go ahead, with a childish and immature attitude like that I wouldnt want to be on his server to begin with and that the same attitude he showed was the reason being a BF3 admin is a running joke within the community.

I swear to god, what in the name of blazes was EA thinking when they turned to what is (in the majority , not the entirety) a very immature bunch of people and say here "hand us cash and you can mess with everyones games". Anyone with half a brain could tell you its bound to be nothing but a cluster fcuk. i dont blame these tools of admins, they are asshats and always will be , its their nature. I blame EA, greedy cnuts the lot of 'em.

And this is why I search for DICE servers and stick to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Damien360 wrote: »
    And this is why I search for DICE servers and stick to them.

I play rush and to find a rush only server owned by dice is impossible some days, as in none of them on the entire EU server list.

Once in a while Ill see one or two dice rush owned servers. Thanks EA.... proof that money is far more important to them than player satisfaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

hightower1 wrote: »
    Thanks EA.... proof that money is far more important to them than player satisfaction.
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head there . Battlefield can be a stunning game at times but I'm a little concerned for the series .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

It's ironic when you think about it. They want nothing more than to step out of CoD's shadow, de-throne it and become the king of the FPS genre (because apparently 5,000,000+ sales in a game's first week isn't enough). EA are so intelligent that they're going about achieving this goal by hamstringing all their advantages (like DICE's reputation for putting the player first) with a rusty knife.

They just don't get it. Money is so important that they put it before the consumer. However, if they just made the consumer happy the money would roll in all by itself.

Playing on a random server today with some buddies. We load into a Deathmatch and hammer the other team. In the next game we all got moved by the Admin onto his team. I sent him a message asking him why "You guys are really good" (we were the top 6 players in the previous game).

So, we are thinking it's a cheap move but **** it....we'll play anyway. About 10 minutes in I bring up the scoreboard because things don't feel right...his entire team is stacked with high ranks, the other team doesn't even have a Col on it. We all just left, some Admins really are a ****ing joke.

It's why I pay no mind to peoples k/d/r or w/l/r. I've played against Col 100's and smoked them every time we ran into each, Admins are basically rage quitters with too much money.

Lads, find a server that you are comfortable with and stick with it. If you had a good game on a user-owned server, go back to it until something happens.

It sounds like some of you are just doing random searches everytime you turn the game on and pick arbitrarily.

You don't see as many PC players complaining about their servers because a lot of them generally just play on one or two that they know are solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Anyone ever have a problem with missing Battle reports? I had a good game last night on Seine Conquest, the round finishes and I alt-tab as usual to wait while the next round loads. No little beep + match report, the next round loads and I miss out on a bunch of unlocks/awards/assignments stuff.

Yeah, happens all the time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement