Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Lads, find a server that you are comfortable with and stick with it. If you had a good game on a user-owned server, go back to it until something happens.

It sounds like some of you are just doing random searches everytime you turn the game on and pick arbitrarily.

You don't see as many PC players complaining about their servers because a lot of them generally just play on one or two that they know are solid.

That's a lot like going to the same pub over and over again. I regularly play on the POW, uKn and Leutin's server but you tend to get the same guys in and over and over.

I like killing new people.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Yeah, but on servers you know to be ok, you know the rules, and generally they are adminned OK.

You could go onto 5 randoms and have baseraping and chopper stealing happening all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

SeantheMan wrote: »
    You could go onto 5 randoms and have baseraping and chopper stealing happening all over the place.

Spawn-killing can be annoying, but if you've worked hard to take all objectives and force the other team into their base, then you deserve the rewards.

Chopper (vehicle in general) stealing is something I don't have an issue with either. Good tactic really.

Spawn-killing can be annoying, but if you've worked hard to take all objectives and force the other team into their base, then you deserve the rewards.

Chopper (vehicle in general) stealing is something I don't have an issue with either. Good tactic really.

I have yet to meet a spawn raping attempt that I couldn't get behind. You just need to box a bit clever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

It's an okay tactic once or twice. When two people spend the whole game at it, it's **** for both teams.

Either you are effectively two men down for the game (1/6th of your team on console) as these guys try to steal the opposition's chopper, or your own team doesn't get a go in the chopper.

There is not much worse than the guys who spend the whole game spawning only when they can spawn into a chopper, as though this vehicle was only created for them.

I have come around to your way of thinking on spawn-raping but it's extremely tedious, even from an attacking point of view.

• Advertisement

That's a lot like going to the same pub over and over again. I regularly play on the POW, uKn and Leutin's server but you tend to get the same guys in and over and over.

I like killing new people.:D
    As do I, and that's fine if you are willing to take the good with the bad. Most of the complaints in the last few pages have been about ****ty admins. Start favouriting and the volume of complaints will drop pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

So i was looking last night and there was no option to "block" a server from your results or none that i could find.

What we could do is compile a list of all the servers where the admins aren't dicks (so no craggy island servers i'm guessing :p)

I know its not perfect as you can't search through those favourited ones.

Or has anyone else got a better idea?

I've always thought that an independent, rate-my-server forum would be good for all games.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

danniemcq wrote: »
    So i was looking last night and there was no option to "block" a server from your results or none that i could find.

What we could do is compile a list of all the servers where the admins aren't dicks (so no craggy island servers i'm guessing :p)

must remember to concentrate on exclusively killing you next time on craggy :D

yeah like i'm scared of you

must put on crappy tags when i'm on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

noshar canals again, get sniped from boat while im at A. fair enough, and nice shot. pull out the m98b and kill him.
    kicked by admin. reason:

guess the admin wanted some alone time with the sniping :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

yeah like i'm scared of you

be-afraid-be-very-afraid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

urgh, one of those nights where everyone seemed to be able kill me with a handful of rounds yet I use the same gun and same range with same attachments and struggle to kill with anything under 15 rounds / half a mag.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I think the 'Better Battlelog' extension can let you block or follow players and servers.

I have the bblog installed but i couldn't see a feature.

must look again later!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 882 ✭✭✭cdb

Rush on Damavand Peak. Attacking.

Team full of Snipers :mad:

hightower1 wrote: »
    urgh, one of those nights where everyone seemed to be able kill me with a handful of rounds yet I use the same gun and same range with same attachments and struggle to kill with anything under 15 rounds / half a mag.

yeah i had the same last night, i'm blaming my 2-3 weeks of little or no play

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

cdb wrote: »
    Rush on Damavand Peak. Attacking.

Team full of Snipers :mad:

I thought that was standard for Damavand Peak..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

The most stupid rule I have seen on a server is getting banned or kicked for a high KDR....boils my ****in blood. This is something that should not be enforced on any server.

And its starting on more and more servers.....I am sick to the back teeth of getting kicked.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I have the bblog installed but i couldn't see a feature.

must look again later!

Try the radar feature. It's a little red circle icon that appears somewhere I currently forget.

• Advertisement

5uspect wrote: »
    Try the radar feature. It's a little red circle icon that appears somewhere I currently forget.

i'm trying to get a google docs going to try and compile a list but i'm having an issue testing.

When i copy from the doc into the edit server list box or somthing it doesn't seem to register it.

Even when i add it to the list with the radar icon and edit it (replace a letter with the same one) it doesn't save either.

I don't know if its because of the update today as its only today i'm trying it

If anyone else wants to try

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Akcio-4iT_dzdFMxcElzcWVoTkVlV2NZTmJfckFZMmc

is the doc and there is one server in there (the no frag metro one i usually play as its in my faves) see if anyone can add it i'm running Chrome

If it works we could all compile a list of servers that kick for stupid reasons/admins and they can be easily imported then for everyone else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Dice, how many times now have you tried to get the bipod to work correctly now? Its still massively fcuked. The amount of times Ive been laying flat on level ground and attempted to deploy the bi pod 10+ times and fails is beyond a joke now. If it does decide it wants to deploy eventually there is every chance it will spontaneously decide it wants to fold back up again for no reason, not joking - laying flat not moving and BAM it just folds back up for no reason.

If you cant get it right dont half arse it. Fix it or take it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Feck off Metro!!! >:( so many servers have 24/7 metro at about 300% tickets, why?!

Just call the game Bf:Metro ffs!

Don't mind it the odd time but Jayus!

Also new assignments are annoying, I hate the F2000 and the 15 kills with the m320 is a balls :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Feck off Metro!!! >:( so many servers have 24/7 metro at about 300% tickets, why?!

The reason is because Métro is insane exp(score)/minute. If you play Métro exclusively, especially with more than 100% tickets, your SPM, kit service stars, rank and your kills with each weapon go up far faster than they would if you played across a variety of maps.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Its the 1st map MOST peeps head to if they wanna get the assignments quickly also.....claymores or RPG kills etc etc. Its a good map but they need to lose the bottlenecks BIG TIME and limit the amount of classes on the one side. 24 support classes on the one side in a 48 player map each with 3 grenades been thrown at the same fookin time!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Zomg Okay wrote: »

The reason is because Métro is insane exp(score)/minute. If you play Métro exclusively, especially with more than 100% tickets, your SPM, kit service stars, rank and your kills with each weapon go up far faster than they would if you played across a variety of maps.

Yea I know that, I just can't understand the enjoyment of playing the one map over a d over again!

I think it's a grand map, if more points to flank were introduced.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Yea I know that, I just can't understand the enjoyment of playing the one map over a d over again!

It would be a great map if it had the town above it too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I like it but I can't stand playing it for more than one round or with more than standard tickets. My mate does enjoy it though, even playing 500% ticket matches. I think it's the more fast-paced action he likes.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Accused of hacking three times today. Seriously... people really don't like being **** at the game.

• Advertisement

Just call the game Bf:Metro ffs!

Don't mind it the odd time but Jayus!

Also new assignments are annoying, I hate the F2000 and the 15 kills with the m320 is a balls :(

After watching the numbers on the server for the last few days if the player count is starting to die down and you stick on a round of Metro it's instantly full again. It seems to be a massively popular map. I'd say those 24/7 servers are full all day.

Advertisement