Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,996 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Metro is the closest thing to CoD that BF3 has.

CoD is the most popular FPS game, so Metro is the most popular BF3 map.

I like Metro with even teams, but when it's uneven it's a horrible map.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

as long as you stick to the ones that punish explosives then you can have a crazy amount of fun in metro.

you need your team and squad to work together though to push up bit by bit and you need proper communication (and yes even some sneaking around to get from deployment site to either the enemies A or C flag can be very effective) but once it all falls in together it can be hard to beat.

it all depends on the people in your team though but sometimes just sometimes.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, Metro that punishes explosives (and I'd argue snipers too) becomes a seriously enjoyable and hard fought map.

Saw one of those calls of cheating last night Cherryghost on Siene I think. Wouldn't mind but we were getting battered left right and centre, so even if you were hacking, it's not like it did us any good :p I lol'd though.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Playing the defence in a rush game on Bazaar . We got kicked around , it was as one sided a game as I've ever played on . The thing that killed me was the complete lack of spotting , no one hit select all game . I'm not saying its the first thing you do as soon as you spot a target but if a big f##k off tank is bearing down on a plant site blowing up anything in its way , it might be a good idea to let your team mates know whats happening .

What i find infuriating about spotting is when i see someone and press Q (pc) and click maybe 60% of them time i shoot towards the enemy instead, thereby alearting them to my position which isn't fun if its a heli or tank

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Even if you don't spot someone (select/Q/Xbox equivalent) the person still shows on your mini-map for about 3/4 seconds.

The one thing I don't understand is, in general, the amount of people that don't look at the mini-map. Enemies shooting guns that aren't suppressed show up, spotted enemies show up, enemies engaged by others show up... boggles the mind that people on your team can run right by someone that you'd been shooting and don't bat an eyelid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Even if you don't spot someone (select/Q/Xbox equivalent) the person still shows on your mini-map for about 3/4 seconds.

The one thing I don't understand is, in general, the amount of people that don't look at the mini-map. Enemies shooting guns that aren't suppressed show up, spotted enemies show up, enemies engaged by others show up... boggles the mind that people on your team can run right by someone that you'd been shooting and don't bat an eyelid.

some people just cant read maps..

Most important thing when playing imo!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, there are times when I want the mini map bigger :) I think the 3 stages of zoom are arseways though, the "close up" is too close and the "middle" one is way too far out to be useful. The "full" one is grand when you want a quick overview of the field to see what objective you might wanna go for.

I've got my Spot/Voice key bound to one of my thumb buttons so it's quick and easy to spot and I make a habit of spotting any vehicle I see or if there are any sneaky gits trying to find a vantage point.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Yea I agree that metro can be fun at times. If you have a good squad its unreal fun.

Playing it the other night and my squad had the 3 doors into the B from the cafe covered and it took ages for them to break through. It was stupid of them that they kept popping smoke before they made a push so we concentrated on that area. They eventually killed us after about 10 minutes.

There was some great too-ing and fro-ing in that match.

Edit: WTF, just trying to get the assignment with the 25 shotgun kills, using the 870 on 2 rounds on Close Quarters, got 13 kills but these werent counted to the assignment :confused:

Edit 2: Found out with the assignment, all my shotty kills were with the wrong class!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Deploying off shore in a game of conquest in noshahr. Jumped in and we were down by 100 tickets and holding no bases. My squad was jumping around on deck.

Just jumping around on deck. Like three of them. WTF?

They're pummeling us so no boat's going to land. Quit or swim. So I swam to far left edge of the map hoping to flank C because the other team is crowding A and B to take potshots at the dopes in my squad jumping up and down on deck still.

Get away with it. Take C with no resistance.

Squad don't care. No idea what they're doing. Ditch that squad to join another making concerted attempt at B flag from C. Die a bunch of times. Don't care. Take B. We have C mined, they've got more tanks than people and still that bastard squad jumping up and down on deck.

Why were they even playing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,207 ✭✭✭hightower1

Deploying off shore in a game of conquest in noshahr. Jumped in and we were down by 100 tickets and holding no bases. My squad was jumping around on deck.

They're pummeling us so no boat's going to land. Quit or swim. So I swam to far left edge of the map hoping to flank C because the other team is crowding A and B to take potshots at the dopes in my squad jumping up and down on deck still.

Squad don't care. No idea what they're doing. Ditch that squad to join another making concerted attempt at B flag from C. Die a bunch of times. Don't care. Take B. We have C mined, they've got more tanks than people and still that bastard squad jumping up and down on deck.

Saw a LOT of this tonight also, joined one game on seine and ended up in a squad of complete noobs. One was laying prone in our spawn for the entire gaming moving an inch every so often as to not get kicked and the other....well when I was waiting to respawn I saw him attempting to blowtorch a door open in a building before getting tagged. :rolleyes::o

Just a lot of games filled with noobs on each side, led to some very ****e gaming all round seeing as no one could defend so you'd get a great run to an mcom to get stopped in the last ten foot by a level 6 camper prone beside an mcom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Just got my first kick and ban from a server.

It happened after I killed 3 in a row with the Spas 12, must have been the admin and his buddies.

I wouldnt mind but I was doing ****e in the game!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Freezing and disconnections from EA -_-

Gets more and more tiring the longer it goes on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Sounds normal for a team that know when they're beaten.... but 100 tickets? Retards.

I was playing no frag metro and the fight centered around B, we were coming from the US deployment and were stuck at the corridor and the escalators.

I was a medic at the start but realised that there was no push by any of the team so switched to support and my trusty pkp.

No chance of getting up the right so thought get behind that wall at b and clear the lockerroom or at least suppress. have squad sprint to help get there.

Go to the escalator and see 5 or 6 support guys and a few snipers doing nothing really but shoot. grand some of the support guys shooting will let me cross a bit easier so make a run for it and die once or twice before i manage to cross.I use the follow me command but hope that if people don't hear they'll at least SEE ME. I go prone bipod out and take out 8 in the locker room and nobody moves. I get a message from a squad mate asking why i done that and what kit was I.

Told him i was medic at the start but went support to try and get some ground and why did it matter?

he gives out saying i ran infront of him and by the time he got himself right again he was killed and was blaming me for it. I asked why didn't he follow me or try and get over now and no reply i died shortly after when a guy came round the other corner (thanks for watching my back)

I'm looking at the spawn screen again and there is yer man who was complaining in the exact same spot i ran past with 2 guys trying to get past him and him not moving. I spawn again and run up the other side of him followed by the 2 guys 1 a medic one support. We get across no problem and again lay down fire with the medic healing and reviving and still not one other person moved. Cleared out lockerroom (again) and thought feck it and made a run for it was just at the entrance and dead.

autobalancer

Got killed and got switched to the winning team despite not being the last joiner and not being the worst on my team so seemed completly random.

Oh well at least i got to kill my fantastic squadmate at least once!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Madbod

Playing hardcore, i got into a tank and immediately heard the lockon warning, before i could get out i died from a javelin strike which killed the tank
    turned out i was actually killed by a douche on my side who was locked on to the tank waiting for someone to get in.
    This was at A in gulf of Oman, we held all the flags except C at the time so there was no way A was going to be taken by the enemy.

Also, the EOD bot kill for the new assignments is winding me up.. i dont see any value to the gameplay in making us do this sort of crap lol, like the skid loader kill cheevo.. really you are just inviting people to hop into a boosting game to get these chores out of the way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I Just got kicked and banned for stabbing an admin :(

also my load out on medic class keeps changing :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Was getting instant death today for killing the admins on the server the clan owned.....happened about 5 times. Really sad TBH.

Snowie wrote: »
    I Just got kicked and banned for stabbing an admin :(

also my load out on medic class keeps changing :mad:

I got banned for getting in a tank today.

I got banned for getting in a tank today.

guess its pay back for years of de trolling ah :p:D
    Tho it is the one thing that really fuastrates me about bf3

oo and people taking jeeps and not waiting for others :mad: like 1 person in a vehcil that can take 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Yeah but I never get in a jeep I aint driving so many gob****es stopping and shooting at tanks with a machine gun letting half the map know where you are and then BOOOM dead or left in the middle of no where getting picked off by the cowardly snipers!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Any announcement on the content drop for August? Getting a bit late in the day now.....

yeah i was thinking the same myself, thought it would be when they updated the servers earlier in the month

Please please please drop amo :) its not hard to hit the left side of the d pad and fire off a box takes all of 5 seconds :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Snowie wrote: »
    Please please please drop amo :) its not hard to hit the left side of the d pad and fire off a box takes all of 5 seconds :mad:
    Its the players that don't do the really simple stuff that takes no effort at all that annoys the most . You don't need a team full of players with crazy K/D ratios to win , all you need is a little team work .

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

derm0j073 wrote: »
    Its the players that don't do the really simple stuff that takes no effort at all that annoys the most . You don't need a team full of players with crazy K/D ratios to win , all you need is a little team work .
    I was rooting through some old PC stuff last week and found a demo for Battlefield 2, Oman conquest with computer players.

First thing that hit me was how they made far better enemies/squadmates than (being honest) 50% of 360 BF3 players online, they were throwing me ammo & health packs, reviving, making perfect use of the vehicles and constantly fighting for flags :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I was rooting through some old PC stuff last week and found a demo for Battlefield 2, Oman conquest with computer players.

First thing that hit me was how they made far better enemies/squadmates than (being honest) 50% of 360 BF3 players online, they were throwing me ammo & health packs, reviving, making perfect use of the vehicles and constantly fighting for flags :(

The sad reality is, is that COD has caused this. The most popular FPS out there rewards solo/selfish play, so when some transitions over to battlefield- teamwork is non existent.

On console (360 anyway) there is no teamwork really tbh. At least not amongst randomers.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Brian_Zeluz

If you want team work you have to go find it, randoms on ps3 are useless most of the time and even when you do find a decent random team you'll still have issues because the vast majority either have no means of verbal communication or are too dumb to use it correctly and of course they never look at the mini map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

It's not even the lack of teamwork but i just can't get my head around the people who seem perfectly happy to lose and deliberately or not sabotage any efforts by their team to win.

Best example I have is Caspian Rush attacking side (not a gamemode or map I play much of) I spawn in the A-10, do a few strafing runs and engage their plane to keep him occupied so our heli can drop people in except some squad of idiots have pissed off over to the tower with it so they can set up camp.

By the time it respawns the enemy have soflams, javelins and tanks lined up and we are screwed :mad:
    Worst of all is their complete inability to comprehend its a 100% ticket server and I'd be surprised if they got even one kill before it was all over...

Advertisement