Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

New patch by and large is a ****in disater, what is with the suppression now its MENTAL. Basically if you on a one on one now who ever fires 1st is gonna win as the screen goes mental with suppression effects so so bad, does not take into account any skill what so ever. Tanks are now made of cardboard that will just encourage RPG camping and spamming and jets are now more powerful as a result of the heli nerf.

Meanwhile the health when falling is still terrible taking 70% for a little trip over a stone and the "BAD LUCK" kills are getting far more common as a result of the patch aswell. They nerf unnerf guns willy nilly to no good....its getting silly......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Tanks are now made of cardboard that will just encourage RPG camping and spamming and jets are now more powerful as a result of the heli nerf.
    Tank whores will always say that :D
    Jets needed a big buff if anything, they were completely useless against tanks, especially AAs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

MOANING AND BITCHING, over 1,500 comments

SUNSHINE AND LOLLYPOPS, 600 comments.

That's the society we live in today I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

mozattack wrote: »

Well, you are moaning and bitching about the moaning and bitching, so are hardly helping the stats. lol

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

Well, you are moaning and bitching about the moaning and bitching, so are hardly helping the stats. lol

I love moaning and bitching!

Is that a paradox in terms of the stats...? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

mozattack wrote: »

To be fair, it's the same with CoD as well. There will always be bitching and moaning than lauding whatever. I'm a bit of a moaner myself. Expect perfection, anything less is failure :pac:

Way of the world as you pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Where Irish, I'm surprised it's not 10,500 comments!!!

I have more fun moments in this game than angry moments, I just don't post them all the time as I don't think others would find it too interesting .

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I am only bitching about things that should be fixed...like the health when jumping etc, not about my fav gun getting nerf'd on some sh1t and this gun is crap and that gun is that etc.

Look when they needed this patch to re-patch the last patch they made a balls off I know I am right. :D

Yes, agree that needing 14 perfect hits with jet rockets on a tank and still no kill is terrible. But you will all be moaning about the jets when AK is out and you are getting raped. Unless of course its you in the jet raping....

The only thing that is REALLY PISSING me off with this patch is the suppression when shot at....OVERKILL BIG TIME. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I have more fun moments in this game than angry moments, I just don't post them all the time as I don't think others would find it too interesting .

huh try hassle before playing the game with my CD key already in use and the special stuff that came with whatever pack i got wouldn't work either....

I blame the guy in the shop that sold it to me....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

danniemcq wrote: »

huh try hassle before playing the game with my CD key already in use and the special stuff that came with whatever pack i got wouldn't work either....

I blame the guy in the shop that sold it to me....

Its hard to get the staff nowadays!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Damn UPC.. no internet for almost a week now.. I think days are a blur!

Wont be fixed till Tues at the earliest! Had a big craving for BF this week and everything!

hypermuse wrote: »
    Damn UPC.. no internet for almost a week now.. I think days are a blur!

Wont be fixed till Tues at the earliest! Had a big craving for BF this week and everything!

Just in time for AK though?!

danniemcq wrote: »
    Just in time for AK though?!

I'm on PS3 so wouldnt of made a difference to me..

Either way I still aint bought the DLC package yet coz I've been to broke! Is it worth the another 50 quid! Am pretty sure I'll get it once the funds are available.

Either way I still aint bought the DLC package yet coz I've been to broke! Is it worth the another 50 quid! Am pretty sure I'll get it once the funds are available.

judging by comments about it on ps3, i'd say try before you buy if you can.

and if you don't like it then buy them seperate (unless you really want the new knife and a couple dogtags etc)

Although does the whole india location work for consoles or just PC? i got premium for around 30 quid that way

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Oh God. Trying not to correct grammar and spelling has never been so hard.

Felexicon wrote: »

But being fairly pretentious is easy enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Muse come back :) , we miss ya

Felexicon wrote: »

560659_434160706613388_205344452828349_1546757_1693520279_n.jpg

Soby wrote: »
    Muse come back smile.png , we miss ya

Went on holidays for a week and when I came back the internet has been destroyed in my gaff!! No T.V signal either!

I rang UPC with my best angry face on ready to unload my frustrations (yes frustrations of not being able to look up boobies online) in a unholy clusterfu€k of "grrrrrrrrrrrr".
    Unfortunately the lad in UPC who took my call was a seriously nice lad and made me feel much better!

Will make it on for some proper gaming next week.. Or next weekend at the latest!

I rang UPC with my best angry face on ready to unload my frustrations (yes frustrations of not being able to look up boobies online) in a unholy clusterfu€k of "grrrrrrrrrrrr".
    Unfortunately the lad in UPC who took my call was a seriously nice lad and made me feel much better!

i hate when i ring up somewhere to complain in a modd ready to shout and demand free stuff and you get someone really helpful and nice sounding (or god forbid sounds really cute) instantly my attack is nullified and i just agree to everything they say hang up and curse myself as nothing has changed and i barely remember the call and what was said.

and i was sure i'd have gotten some free channels off sky too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

just broke my 4 month old Seinnheiser PC360 gaming headset :( cant believe it bloody costly mistake at 200 quid a pair :eek::(:mad:

just broke my 4 month old Seinnheiser PC360 gaming headset :( cant believe it bloody costly mistake at 200 quid a pair :eek::(:mad:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Plantronics-Gamecom-Gaming-Headset-Surround/dp/B0079G2Y52/ref=sr_1_10?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1347433066&sr=1-10

thats the set i use, really really nice set. Its USB though so you either love it or hate it and can't use it for normal mp3 players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

How did you break them? I was thinking about getting a pair.

To keep things on topic, where do we make suggestions for the PC Craggy Island server? We (about 4-6 of us) dont mind jumping onto the server to get it going but the feedback from the lads is that tank domination is a bit boring. I think the variety is good so I wouldnt like it taken out altogether but perhaps there should be a bit less of it in the rotation.

Also, have you looked into using that adaptive ticket count plugin for procon? The big maps are great but can get very boring if the ticket count is too high when there are only a few players on and it can be frustrating when the round ends too quickly when the server is full.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

To keep things on topic, where do we make suggestions for the PC Craggy Island server? We (about 4-6 of us) dont mind jumping onto the server to get it going but the feedback from the lads is that tank domination is a bit boring. I think the variety is good so I wouldnt like it taken out altogether but perhaps there should be a bit less of it in the rotation.

Also, have you looked into using that adaptive ticket count plugin for procon? The big maps are great but can get very boring if the ticket count is too high when there are only a few players on and it can be frustrating when the round ends too quickly when the server is full.
    Anywhere will do :D
    EDIT: although here would be better http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056452878 :)

I had the maplist set up rotating through Conquest, Rush, TDM and TS up to yesterday but some gombeen must have went at it. But yeah, we're always open to suggestions. Will look into the adaptive ticket count plugin as soon as I get my procon sorted (new maps not appearing in it for some reason).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

How did you break them? I was thinking about getting a pair.

Cable from them got wrapped in the chair and when I was leaving pc I pushed back from desk and pulled the cable in apart , just glad i didnt damage the sound card aswell , gonna see if I can solder it back together at work this evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Cable from them got wrapped in the chair and when I was leaving pc I pushed back from desk and pulled the cable in apart , just glad i didnt damage the sound card aswell , gonna see if I can solder it back together at work this evening .

Same thing happened to me with an old pair of Senn's. PC 160's i think.

I treat my 360 like the crown jewels :)

Hope you can get them sorted anyway man.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Gunship is crap the only good seat is the 105, players don't seem to get that they can... you know... hit fúcking X to deploy flares :rolleyes: and now, every langer has an IGLA/Stinger, can't fly for 5sec's in a chopper but beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep beep... what's worse is the ECM is ****ed and they took away gunner flares.

Anyone else notice that MB-Tanks now are like paper (used to be cardboard) ? With the tank destroyer (M1128/SPRUT-S) a hit on a MBT with 1 TOW and one round from main gun = dead. I love patches.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

****ing game crashes when I use zoom optics in the AC-130. BF3.exe just seems to minimise and can only be killed. A few people online are saying that downclocking the GPU helps.

5uspect wrote: »
    ****ing game crashes when I use zoom optics in the AC-130. BF3.exe just seems to minimise and can only be killed. A few people online are saying that downclocking the GPU helps.

Ahhhhhh, at random times my game would minimise or window itself and display my graphics card properties. Never thought much of it though as I would just click into the game again. Either that or run the checking program before I launch the game and its sits happily in the background.

My card is still standard and the checker thing shows all is ok so thought it was more of a accidental hotkey or something as I slam my palm into the keyboard looking for a different weapon in a blind panic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Almost a week with AK now and I'm not liking it...

Advertisement