Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Just going to post the most stupid, idiotic, unbalanced, broken admin comment I have seen in BF3. I signed on to play AK (which I am heavily disliking so far.) to see this message.

"Destroy Gunship = BAN!"

^ DICE Really need to slap the admins up in the back of the head.

Oh, a little update, 4 mins later, a new AK server, server message is:

NO STINGER, NO IGLA, NO KAMIKAZE JET, ALL EQUAL BAN

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

"SHOOTING OR ACTS OF AGGRESSION OF ANY KIND = BAN" - That's going to be the server I set up someday. :P

Children should not be in charge of a server tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Lads, if we could mutate Craggy to other platforms we would :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

ktulu123 wrote: »
    "SHOOTING OR ACTS OF AGGRESSION OF ANY KIND = BAN" - That's going to be the server I set up someday. :P

Children should not be in charge of a server tbh.

was there not a no kill server mentioned AGES ago on this thread?

ummm here is 2 i found

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/0c481a6d-c170-4024-a632-33b1e57a91d7/TEF-Flagrun-only-NO-KILL-Auto-Admin-kicks-by-G-Portal-de/

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/servers/show/1c0a2c64-8553-4f3b-8412-36ea164f5641/TF-DOMINATION-ZIBA-TOWER-FLAG-RUN-NO-KILLING-HIGH-POINTS-2/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

woops sorry for caps locks

woops sorry for caps locks
    DICE have said they are going to be removing these servers if the admins don't change their rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

"Destroy Gunship = BAN!"
    NO STINGER, NO IGLA, NO KAMIKAZE JET, ALL EQUAL BAN
    Jesus I thought I saw some bad ones but thats just retarded. Post the IP of the server if you find it again.

Anyway my own rant, after nearly a year hiatus I return to find.... Jets still OP :( . I stopped playing because the first patch nerfed the stingers, when they were balanced perfectly imo

Other than that, its nice to see NV nerfed, Mortars nerfed.

I'm sorry, jets OP? Surely you must be joking? In what sense are they OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Decryptor wrote: »
    I'm sorry, jets OP? Surely you must be joking? In what sense are they OP?

Feels pointless to try and take them down with stingers, too difficult to get a lock and even if you do, they naturally drop flares, by the time they return overhead flares are reloaded. The mobile AA does a decent job, though the pilot just needs to avoid enemy base as its usually camped out there. Pilots can easily take out troops, tanks and heli's, 1 strafe with rockets will easily disabled a tank, 2 strafes (which can be achieved in less than 20 seconds) will easily kill a tank, tanks have little defence against such attack as they are concentrating on ground attack. 1 strafe of the Machine gun will disable the chopper. 1 strafe of the Machine gun kills any ground troop (though I agree with this).

A good pilot can pretty much turn the entire game around and ive seen it happen a few times since I returned.

If I was to nerf them, Id increase flare reload time by 50%, rocket reload time by 200% and machine gun reload time by 200%. Or alternatively bring the stinger back to the way it was in 1.0

I disagree with every single point you made lol :D

I've very rarely seen pilots who stay in the same jet for the entire game. One strafe with rockets to disable a tank? That's 14 rockets? That's hardly OP.

It comes back to the old story that if people are used to being killed by something, they give out about it and call it OP. I read a thread on the Battlelog forums a while back by some fella complaining about the proximity scanner in tanks and how OP it is and how it makes C4'ing tanks impossible. This lad had about 50 kills with C4, not exactly scoreboard material. The same thing before after one of the patches that made tanks into cardboard, people with 1000s of kills in tanks gave out like mad about it.

It also comes down to teamwork. If you're in a tank with a group of lads and a jet kills you, go soflam that b1tch! Get a group of lads with stingers/javelins. But please, for the love of god, play and like the game the way it is.

Speaking as a jet whore bag. I agree with decryptor, its a pain in the balls in a jet. Everyone has iglas now because of the c130, the mobile aa is always a bastard that I hate & other jets using damn heat seakers. Jets should be overpowered, they are jets in fairness!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Jets should be overpowered, they are jets in fairness!

Jets dont kill infantry anymore due to advances in the **** infantry carry :D

Jets in BF should be for taking out other air vehicles and to kill a tank they should need a laser designator pointed at it. Not a solfam.....a dude pointing a laser designator (bf42 had it nailed on with the artrillery/bino combo)

Or just bring in drones :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I still only have about 10 points achieved for the jet class!! Can fly them and keep them in the air but being able to target something and keep it on them to take them out is impossible for me!
    I just aint got the skills for ariel kills!

Think I'll keep my feet on the ground!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I use a controller to fly. I find it to be much more natural for flying compared to KB+M. While I'm not a terrible pilot I find it difficult to accurately hit other jets even tho I can get right up their stove pipes.

It could be the controller but also I spent a long time avoiding aircraft due to the amount of whining and whoring in most servers.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

5uspect wrote: »
    While I'm not a terrible pilot I find it difficult to accurately hit other jets even tho I can get right up their stove pipes.

You'd find it a lot easier if you didn't close the range - consistent range makes leading your shots a lot more predictable. Using the air radar is always handy, and if you're too close to your target and he's not yet evading/banking away from you throttle down while nosing up on a flat flight path and watch his direction on the radar, then nose down to come back onto his course and lead your shots about a plane's length ahead of his nose and he'll move into your cannon.

On the general topic of jets - I'm an average jet pilot (only playing on consoles). Jets are overpowered for what they can do, but there's plenty they can't do. They're okay for recon spotting on armour, they're excellent anti-armour if and only if the skies are clear, they're dominant anti-air, and they're so-so at clearing minefields. Must be a little different on PC because the draw distance on the mesh can be increased - on consoles you can spot foot mobiles from distance, but you can't see the indicators until you're within about 100m which makes jets all but totally ineffective as they can't see infantry without risking a crash, or lowering landing gears. The guided rocket on jets just means armour needs smoke. Jets shouldn't kill armour unless they've got rocket pods equipped. Anyway, guided rockets leave a jet flying slow and straight - and it is a risk reward situation if the other team have competent pilots.

Stingers are buffed to the limit of what is reasonable - they're excellent anti-air weapons as they are now - one hit disable, after firing the stinger has infinite distance, and unlike guided shells or javelins a stinger will outpace a jet flying at top speed. I've had stingers fired at me and I've deployed ECM after it was in the air and after my 5 seconds of safety the beeping was still going and I got disabled maybe 500m out to sea off Kharg, far far from where it could have been fired from. I like that stingers make choppers a lot more interesting to fly because pilots can't abuse under the radar anymore, and gunners don't have flares (which they hardly ever knew how to use anyway). But if you want to kill a jet, use a damn jet. Stingers are not for killing jets, they are for moving them off their attack runs. That's how it is, deal with it.

Alternatively, choppers have heat seekers - and if you bring a chopper to a jet fight you're an idiot frankly. Choppers are borderline useless at high altitudes, and it doesn't make much sense to be a static target in the clear blue sky and since you can't aim the nose of the chopper upwards without the very real risk of crashing low altitude engagements are pointless.

In short, jets are good, but both teams have them - use jets to kill jets. And people should stop moaning that the already excellent anti-air rockets aren't good enough.

If I were to make a change though, I'd give jets and choppers a finite amount of countermeasures, and maybe limited ammo. Infinite flares/ECM is stupid. Jets should have to return to home base to re-stock - even if it was just to fly through a zone rather than land, though a landing strip would be better. Might reduce the abuse of spawnkilling that bad pilots do so much of.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

The quality of play on the majority of servers seems to have absolutely gone to **** lately. I'm aware it's down to an influx of new players, I just find it amazing that these guys can find Youtube vids telling them how to get outside the map, where the head glitch spots are and what the new OP weapons happen to be, but can't find a video to point out the really ****ing obvious way to defend Kharg, or the routes for Karkand.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

The quality of play on the majority of servers seems to have absolutely gone to **** lately. I'm aware it's down to an influx of new players, I just find it amazing that these guys can find Youtube vids telling them how to get outside the map, where the head glitch spots are and what the new OP weapons happen to be, but can't find a video to point out the really ****ing obvious way to defend Kharg, or the routes for Karkand.

Winning doesn't matter to these cretins, so they have no need in looking to improve be it through Youtube or whatever. They'd prefer to get a huge multi-kill or try and go for that 1000M headshot instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,787 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Spawn killing on the AK Desert map is insane. Spawn in at the defend point and you're staring down the barrel of a tank. Really poor map design in regards of spawning.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Idiot snipers on Rush. Playing Bandar and spawned on one clown in my squad, on a quad heading off for the beach while we trying to attack the remaining M-COM in the Artillery base in the middle of the Desert.

Fortunately friendly fire was on so I court marshalled him for desertion.
    The only time I deliberately TKed a fellow team mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Do any official dice servers just play all the original bf3 and b2k maps on conquest only. Any servers I can find seem to have hand picked all the maps I like the least and I'm not shelling out more money for a rented server just to play the game the way I want play it

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

hmmm after update i cant join any server.... wtf did they do this time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Jets are pointless on PS3 / XBOX. Should be removed. I use them as taxi only.

mozattack wrote: »

Frogfoot on an infy run = super fun.

I've dismantled attacks on Kharg in the jet, loads of use for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

He has a bit of a point. In a 24 man game, two jets leaves both teams down to 10 to cap flags. A couple of lads in a chopper each leaves 8. A couple of snipers camping in the hills leaves 6.

On a map like Kharg it all feels a bit sparsely populated. I can run between flags on Kharg and Caspian without seeing anyone for 5 minutes at a time.

He has a bit of a point. In a 24 man game, two jets leaves both teams down to 10 to cap flags. A couple of lads in a chopper each leaves 8. A couple of snipers camping in the hills leaves 6.

On a map like Kharg it all feels a bit sparsely populated. I can run between flags on Kharg and Caspian without seeing anyone for 5 minutes at a time.

The issue there seems to be what people do with available assests though, not that the actual assets are available.

If a Jet is ripping up tanks on Conquest then spawn into a Jet and deal with it.

I love seeing two **** enemy Jet pilots flying around an empty sky. I'll take a 12 on 10 fight all day. lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Nevermind_

mozattack wrote: »

No, using them as a taxi is pointless and retarded. I can regularly get MVP in a jet while helping my team out by spotting targets I am unable to take out myself.
    Just because you are useless in a jet doesn't mean Jets are useless. One really good jet pilot can render the other teams Jets, helicopters and tanks unusable, they become coffins.
    Last night I went 47-6 in one game of conquest on AK

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

I love seeing two **** enemy Jet pilots flying around an empty sky. I'll take a 12 on 10 fight all day. lol
    Don't forget the geniuses who steal the enemy jets aswell :rolleyes:
    It mostly happens on Wake/Oman and I guess its because they can't fly the F-35.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

If you've got no jets up your tanks/choppers will be destroyed with ease by enemy air and you'll be forced back to your base. There's very little you can do without vehicle support in maps like Kharg island unless your team is all engineers and you mine up all the approaches to capture points and have stingers/iglas at the ready.

As long as your team's jets are killing or harassing the enemy vehicles as they leave their spawn they're doing their job. Nobody wants asshole recons perched up on a hill on your team without a soflam but you're glad when your team's jet strafes a tank allowing you to sneak in and c4 it.

Advertisement