Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

"No, using them as a taxi is pointless and retarded. I can regularly get MVP in a jet while helping my team out by spotting targets I am unable to take out myself.
    Just because you are useless in a jet doesn't mean Jets are useless. One really good jet pilot can render the other teams Jets, helicopters and tanks unusable, they become coffins.
    Last night I went 47-6 in one game of conquest on AK"

Thanks for the retarded comment... nice.

Anyway I still believe jets are useless in a 24 man game. They do nothing, can't cap flags, can't arm/disarm Mcomms, can do jack sh*t other than killing other jets which is merely just killing another guy from our team which is also doing nothing to help the team.

I would safely say I was killed around 5-6 times in >400 hours by a jet while on the ground. In the air I can just jump out when disabled so I stuggle to see the point other than messing around and using them as taxis.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mozattack wrote: »

The idea may be to attack the post, and not the poster. But stuff like that isn't going to be tolerated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭PeterStrauss The Second

"No, using them as a taxi is pointless and retarded. I can regularly get MVP in a jet while helping my team out by spotting targets I am unable to take out myself.
    Just because you are useless in a jet doesn't mean Jets are useless. One really good jet pilot can render the other teams Jets, helicopters and tanks unusable, they become coffins.
    Last night I went 47-6 in one game of conquest on AK"

Anyway I still believe jets are useless in a 24 man game. They do nothing, can't cap flags, can't arm/disarm Mcomms, can do jack sh*t other than killing other jets which is merely just killing another guy from our team which is also doing nothing to help the team.

I would safely say I was killed around 5-6 times in >400 hours by a jet while on the ground. In the air I can just jump out when disabled so I stuggle to see the point other than messing around and using them as taxis.

Jets are useless to noobs with heat seekers, throw on the rockets and tanks/infantry are ****ed tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The issue there seems to be what people do with available assests though, not that the actual assets are available.

If a Jet is ripping up tanks on Conquest then spawn into a Jet and deal with it.

I love seeing two **** enemy Jet pilots flying around an empty sky. I'll take a 12 on 10 fight all day. lol

But this is the exception rather than the rule. I rarely get ripped up by jets in a game when I'm in tanks. I always try to do it when I'm in a jet myself but the vast majority of people use jets to kill jets and choppers, then start spawn raping them. I can't remember the last time somebody killed me on an infantry run.

My point is that in such a short sided game on huge maps the jets and choppers eliminate almost 33% of your teammates and the enemy - that's if the game is even full - and a few other players doing various things like sniping and dicking around in the spawn waiting for stuff make the big conquest maps a slog.

I enjoy jets and choppers and can fully understand why they are in the PC version. On 12-a-side, though, they seem a bit redundant in the vast majority of games I play. I don't know if I'd take them out but having one Frogfoot or A-10, like on Rush, seems like a good compromise. 2 for 12 players is overkill.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Hmmmm

2208816846.png

So much for paying for a 35Mb connection! Feck you world! you truly are out to get me today!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

hypermuse wrote: »
    Hmmmm

2208816846.png

So much for paying for a 35Mb connection! Feck you world! you truly are out to get me today!!

You're not alone, I'm getting ping of 158 the last week or so :/

aaronh007 wrote: »
    You're not alone, I'm getting ping of 158 the last week or so :/

That was the best one I could get over about 5-6 tests.. Most over 100ms!

Think I'll leave BF for another night! was looking forward to putting a few hours in.

Prob wont get to play in a team as out of 9 people online at the mo, all are playing either borderlands or Fifa13...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Possibly a reason why the knife fails

Hi, is all of your friends on your friend list there? Mine is gone and so too is BF3 acting wierd.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Spent the last hour and a half going from server to server trying to find a decent game...nothing but pisspoor tactics on display from all sides.

I've come to the conclusion that Monday is just the crapiest day to play BF3. lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

god dammit

it might not have been my best game but it was fun and then this

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'danniemcq' (for 5 minutes) ... MD5Tool Mismatch: Update\Patch\Data\cas_50.cas (len=2048)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

danniemcq wrote: »
    god dammit

it might not have been my best game but it was fun and then this

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'danniemcq' (for 5 minutes) ... MD5Tool Mismatch: Update\Patch\Data\cas_50.cas (len=2048)

Here is a post on pbbans about why people are getting kicked.

http://www.pbbans.com/forums/battlefield-3-file-tweaker-and-md5tool-kicks-t164651.html

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dammit now i'm constantly timing out mid game

danniemcq wrote: »
    dammit now i'm constantly timing out mid game

was happening me last week , right PITA , turned out to be punkbuster causeing it , i updated and fine since

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Battlefield 3 for PS3 is worth a whopping €7 on trade-in, despite being less than a year old. **** you, Premium edition. **** you.

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Battlefield 3 for PS3 is worth a whopping €7 on trade-in, despite being less than a year old. **** you, Premium edition. **** you.

wow thats nothing! I have a load of games I dont play but to trade them in is just such a waste.. You get nothing for them.

You sick of BF that you were gonna trade it in?

hypermuse wrote: »
    wow thats nothing! I have a load of games I dont play but to trade them in is just such a waste.. You get nothing for them.

You sick of BF that you were gonna trade it in?

I traded it in any way. Had a think about it and decided I probably wouldn't play it much anyway, it hadn't left it's box in about three months. Besides, Bad Company 2 is better in my opinion and BF3's value will get lower as time goes on. Put the value of it and some other games against Dark Souls, so I'm happy enough.

at over a year old your lucky to get 7 quid for it , the trade in value is rubbish on any game older than 3 months , i traded in year old games in the past and was offere between 50 cent and 3 euro :rolleyes:

at over a year old your lucky to get 7 quid for it , the trade in value is rubbish on any game older than 3 months , i traded in year old games in the past and was offere between 50 cent and 3 euro :rolleyes:

I've gotten €15-25 for games much older and not nearly as decent as Battlefield 3 a hundred times. The poor trade-in value here is because of the Premium edition's release, which is worth 4x the standard and Limited editions on trade-in if a noticeboard in the shop is anything to judge by.

Any clued-in gamer buying BF3 now will get the Premium edition over the others so it's worth more to the shops. As a result, the value of the other editions took a nose-dive. I'd have gotten about €20 for BF3 if Premium had never been introduced into new copies of the game for next to nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

You need an activation code to play BF3 or BFBC2 online even w/o premium. Other companies like THQ do it to stop the second hand sales of games as they don't get a cut.

• Advertisement

yimrsg wrote: »
    You need an activation code to play BF3 or BFBC2 online even w/o premium. Other companies like THQ do it to stop the second hand sales of games as they don't get a cut.

Which annoys me greatly. EA are too cheap to allow second-hand owners to go online without a fee so they'd hardly allow Premium to pass to second-hand owners for nothing. The result?

When you buy BF3 second-hand, it doesn't matter if you're buying standard, Limited or Premium, unless you strike gold the last owner will have activated all the fancy codes and left you with just the base game. Yet standard/Limited are worth €5-10 and Premium is worth €25 on trade-in.

€100 for 430 hours gameplay. That is value in my book. Spent €190 on a dinner which last 3 hours a few weeks ago.

Why complain?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

€100 for 430 hours gameplay. That is value in my book. Spent €190 on a dinner which last 3 hours a few weeks ago.

Why complain?

I too paid 100 euro (bought game at launch and 50 on premium) I've put in just under 250 hours. Freaky thing is i've only put a few hours into Armoured Kill and CQ (must get back into BF3) ... it is value for money. Of course, if you get into the game :P

Only issue I have is the size of updates tho. 10gb of BF3 data so far (thats including the HD 360 install over 1.5ish gb) .. really is too much. Especially for my old xbox 360 hd.

Why complain?

Most likely I'd never play it again, to be honest. I got tired of the Call of Duty franchise about 6 months in Black Ops and now I'm tired of Battlefield. I'd still play the two Bad Company games from time to time but other than that, these days I'm more inclined towards more tactical shooters like the Tom Clancy games, when I'm inclined to play shooters at all.

And yes, I got great value for the €50 I spent on Battlefield but you'd still be annoyed to only get €7 for it when you didn't care to own it anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Im now unable to play BF3 with my housemate. If we both try to join a server, It'll kick out one of us. nothing in the network infrastructure has changed. if anything, he's connected through a router thats in a DMZ mode attached to the UPC router (thanks UPC for not allowing bridging.) and im directly attached to the main one. anyone else play with friends on the same IP address?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

First time in weeks playing for me.
    Does anyone else find themselves returning to the base game + Karkand? I've tried both Close Quarters and AK and I just don't find it as much fun as good old infantry+vehicles like on Seine or Caspian.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Yup. I pretty much exclusively play original maps. Gulf from karkand as well.

That being said, I'm on console. AK is just too vast for 24 players. CQ is a fun first game of the night but it's a bit **** after a while.

I've been playing AK for a good while now on console and do enjoy it. Love the big maps but can feel very empty sometimes!

Nothing more frustrating than ending up on foot in AK and trying to run between objectives (conquest) only for the action to be finished up and moved on by the time you get there.
    Last time I played I ended up on foot chasing shadows for about 5 mins.. Had enough and had to suicide.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Im now unable to play BF3 with my housemate. If we both try to join a server, It'll kick out one of us. nothing in the network infrastructure has changed. if anything, he's connected through a router thats in a DMZ mode attached to the UPC router (thanks UPC for not allowing bridging.) and im directly attached to the main one. anyone else play with friends on the same IP address?

I'm with upc and have no issues playing the same time as my son.
    Both pc's are wired to the router/modem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Have to agree. Can't beat the original maps/game modes imo.

Advertisement