Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Have to agree. Can't beat the original maps/game modes imo.

Same here, the vanilla maps and the B2K maps are by far my favourites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

pissed off i just got 500 + kills with my ACW-R and theres no dog tag for it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Origin down

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

I am going to see a lot of pissy battlefield players when they find out that some of the stuff they complain about is easily available on MOH warfighter

-VOIP between rounds for all players

-able to launch multiplayer games from within the game and not via battlelog

-ingame voip for your team and not just for your party

Aside from that, it's ok. it's very confusing initially and it feels a lot lighter then battlefield, but I actually like the 2 man squad setup and in some ways it does do the same natural teamwork encoruging that battlefield does (you use your teammate to heal and resupply).

And if you need something to break up the large maps of battlefield then its nice to jump into the small games of MOH.

On a side note I guess it will be easy using battlelog just to switch between the two games at ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭darrenw5094

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I am going to see a lot of pissy battlefield players when they find out that some of the stuff they complain about is easily available on MOH warfighter

-VOIP between rounds for all players

-able to launch multiplayer games from within the game and not via battlelog

-ingame voip for your team and not just for your party

Aside from that, it's ok. it's very confusing initially and it feels a lot lighter then battlefield, but I actually like the 2 man squad setup and in some ways it does do the same natural teamwork encoruging that battlefield does (you use your teammate to heal and resupply).

And if you need something to break up the large maps of battlefield then its nice to jump into the small games of MOH.

On a side note I guess it will be easy using battlelog just to switch between the two games at ease.

What is the feel of it like? The exact same as BF3 or does it feel like playing a different franchise altogether?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭422nd

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

How small are we talking here? Like close quarters small? COD small...? *shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

What is the feel of it like? The exact same as BF3 or does it feel like playing a different franchise altogether?

At times almost the same

But it's lighter and quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 44 mopey

just bought karkand i know im a bits behind

but no engineer seems a bit drastic

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

? no engineer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,683 ✭✭✭✭klose

God I hate the assignments it's always ****e weapons and annoying ways of getting kills with the support class equipment. I don't like them or the weapon you've to use but they just annoy me that they are there so I always end up trying to do em against my liking.

How bad is the LSAT like, 100 kills with that? GTFO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

God I hate the assignments it's always ****e weapons and annoying ways of getting kills with the support class equipment. I don't like them or the weapon you've to use but they just annoy me that they are there so I always end up trying to do em against my liking.

How bad is the LSAT like, 100 kills with that? GTFO

I quiet like the LSAT... Am I the only one?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The MTAR was worse. Small enough clip with jumpy action.

LSAT isn't a great weapon, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

Some weapons are good across all maps & game types. The Mtar & Lsat are in the class of pick your maps carefully if you're going to play them.

For the assignments I usually go TDM for the weapons I don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

Honestly getting sick of this now , since I downloaded MOH I can't play BF3, it won't join any server, ****ing hell !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Honestly getting sick of this now , since I downloaded MOH I can't play BF3, it won't join any server, ****ing hell !!!!
    You are blocked from BF3 for buying MOH plus we dont want to play with you any more :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

One little thing that annoys me...

Sometimes I can spawn into a teammate and get killed less than 1 second later. (thats ok, someone was just watching) ... but there has been quite a few times where I see someone spawn in and offload an entire magazine into them and they still dont die. What gives?

While defending a flag I destroyed 3 of the other teams tanks and killed 15 soldiers while I was in an amtrac (team mate was constantly repairing me) and the admin kicks me :mad: :mad:

Actually, if you get kicked does it count as a loss?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

One little thing that annoys me...

Sometimes I can spawn into a teammate and get killed less than 1 second later. (thats ok, someone was just watching) ... but there has been quite a few times where I see someone spawn in and offload an entire magazine into them and they still dont die. What gives?
    You get a couple of seconds of invincibility when you spawn as long as you don't move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

You get a couple of seconds of invincibility when you spawn as long as you don't move.

You can move mouse and fire but once you move via keyboard then you lose your spawn protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

game4it70 wrote: »
    You can move mouse and fire but once you move via keyboard then you lose your spawn protection.

Did not know this!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

game4it70 wrote: »

eh not sure aboout this ? i thought once you move anything you loose the invincibility ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

eh not sure aboout this ? i thought once you move anything you loose the invincibility ?

Must have been a bug then when a guy spawned a foot in front of me and turned round and mass'd me. (Its not like bugs happen often in the game) :rolleyes:

Must try and test it out so.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

That was the original behaviour. They changed it in a patch to let you look around, not sure about shooting tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Yeah, you can only look around without being shot. If you move at all you can be killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lovesfatgirls

was emptying whole clips into guys last night and getting nothing but hit markers
    switched over to the DAO ext mags+flechettes same story, no supressions/assists
    my pad very nearly had an accident :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

raze wrote: »
    Alternatively, choppers have heat seekers - and if you bring a chopper to a jet fight you're an idiot frankly. Choppers are borderline useless at high altitudes, and it doesn't make much sense to be a static target in the clear blue sky and since you can't aim the nose of the chopper upwards without the very real risk of crashing low altitude engagements are pointless.

Although I very much agree with alot of the rest of your post, I completley disagree with the above. I'd consider myself to be a good jet pilot and I do find it easy enough to down choppers, BUT, i'd also consider myself to be a pretty decent heli pilot. As a result I know the jets weaknesses when flying a heli and I can dominate the skies agains most jets using a helicopter. If there's a good enemy jet who soley uses the cannon, then yeah i'm in a bit of trouble, but that doesn't happen too often.

Helicopters are awesome! I seriously hate the RPG = Insta-kill against them though. :mad:

Helicopters are awesome! I seriously hate the RPG = Insta-kill against them though. :mad:

It's so satisfying when you're the one with the rpg though :)

Although I very much agree with alot of the rest of your post, I completley disagree with the above. I'd consider myself to be a good jet pilot and I do find it easy enough to down choppers, BUT, i'd also consider myself to be a pretty decent heli pilot. As a result I know the jets weaknesses when flying a heli and I can dominate the skies agains most jets using a helicopter. If there's a good enemy jet who soley uses the cannon, then yeah i'm in a bit of trouble, but that doesn't happen too often.

If the pilot and the gunner work in tandom together they are pretty fecking hard to stop, can't wait to get the tv missles now!

and as for RPGs yeah they are annoying but i gotta take my hat off to someone who can hit them from a distance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Ciano35 wrote: »
    It's so satisfying when you're the one with the rpg though :)

oh yeah totally! I mean I had a game on Canals where I took out three choppers in one game and I thought I was god! Alas, I still dont like it, I prefered the old way where they would just become disabled.

• Advertisement

oh yeah totally! I mean I had a game on Canals where I took out three choppers in one game and I thought I was god! Alas, I still dont like it, I prefered the old way where they would just become disabled.

if its just a disable it makes them to hard to take down as then you'd have to nerf the igla/stinger then.

just means chopper pilots shouldn't fly 2 foot above the ground i guess, but thats just my 2c

Advertisement