Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Why havent they implemented chat between games yet??!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Tea_Bag wrote: »

cause thats what players want

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

danniemcq wrote: »
    if its just a disable it makes them to hard to take down as then you'd have to nerf the igla/stinger then.

just means chopper pilots shouldn't fly 2 foot above the ground i guess, but thats just my 2c

yeah but flying 2ft above the ground whilst getting decent kills in is a skillset! it's not easy to weave around buildings and dodging lamp-posts that generate at the last second. besides, if you got shot flying at 2ft from the ground with an RPG before the game-changer, your heli would disable and you'd likley crash and kill yourself. (or have to land very quickly, meanwhile the RPG guy can run towards you to kill you/ steal your heli.

Playing a heli on that windfarm map is suicide! you have rpgs, stinger/iglas, rocket truck, AA gun, littlebird, attack heli, and gunship to worry about. not to mention the guys in tanks with lasers and javelins. it's crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

Tea_Bag wrote: »

the Xbox can do it can't it? it's just like cross game chat really, but staying within the same game, just different matches. if you're talking about the PS3, then you're going to have to wait till the next console as the PS3 can't physically handle Cross Game Chat, because Sony are idiots :(.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

yeah but flying 2ft above the ground whilst getting decent kills in is a skillset! it's not easy to weave around buildings and dodging lamp-posts that generate at the last second. besides, if you got shot flying at 2ft from the ground with an RPG before the game-changer, your heli would disable and you'd likley crash and kill yourself. (or have to land very quickly, meanwhile the RPG guy can run towards you to kill you/ steal your heli.

Playing a heli on that windfarm map is suicide! you have rpgs, stinger/iglas, rocket truck, AA gun, littlebird, attack heli, and gunship to worry about. not to mention the guys in tanks with lasers and javelins. it's crazy!

It may be a skill to do that but infantry have to have a way of combating it. You can't lock on with a stinger when it's below radar. Otherwise it's a flying tank. If you have two guys in repairing, which I regularly do, a disable means very little, even if you are 10ft off the ground.

I've become quite proficient at rpg-ing choppers from a decent distance but never even tried it when it was a one-hit disable. Also, the scout heli isn't only there to rack up infantry kills. It is there to transport people behind enemy lines to cap flags and arm Mcoms. When you are facing stiff competition, it can be a game changer when used like this. Getting 3 lads behind enemy lines with one of them using a well-placed spawn beacon can be a clincher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I pplay on xbox and console players should definitely be able to chat to everyone on their team. But imagine if there was chat for everyone? :pac: ... seeing as how their is a lot of teenage immature dickheads it would be a trainwreck :pac:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I play on xbox with a female gamertag.

Long story.

Please stop messaging me alternating between flirting with me and hating me for killing you.

At least it's better than COD where everyone just wants a blowjob.

I use the party system on Xbox when playing BF. Far more fun having a laugh with the lads than listening to some gimp on your team question your sexuality and racial background.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Really getting annoyed with the stupid 'Rules' people make on rented servers.

No stinger, No IGLA, No shotguns, No c4, No m320, No Sniper Rifles, No claymore, No Mortar... etc. It makes me want to scream at the screen and say "JUST PLAY THE F*CKING GAME AS ITS MEANT TO BE PLAYED!"

I mean the developers Dice but these into the game. They are apart of the gameplay. They are not glitched. But apart from that Dice doesnt allow people to block weapons on rented servers.... it just feels like alot of a*sholes out there who take a disliking to a certain weapon because they are crap at it or something?

Or maybe its just people being a*sholes in general. I remember being on an all wake island rush rented server "no stinger/igla and no soflam" - oh course, you guessed it the admin was going around killing everyone in the helicopter.

Was on one a while ago that said "No Shoot Gun". I thought they were just cretins so took out my Spas and went 8-0. You have been banned from this server. Ahhhhhh, no shotguns. Balls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Might have posted this before but anyway:

Got booted from a server once for taking down the admin's Little Bird on Noshar with the IGLA. PM'd him, demanding to know why I was banned. The message came back, "The server rules clearly state no stingers".

I wish I could have seen the look on his face when I sent back, "Yeah, I know. I actually am literate, I read the rules. But I didn't use a Stinger, I used an IGLA." :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I haven't played BF3 in about 2 months because despite all the driver updates and CAP downloads, the game hates my Crossfire (2 X 6950 1GB cards). Tried again last night and it was unplayable. Quit out to windows, disabled Crossfire, went back in and it was playable again. What really annoys me is that I bought the second card mostly for BF3!

Ok so I know I'm not the best bf3 player ever and never will be, but I aim to play the objective, I'll never have a super k/d ratio (the day I hit 1/1 overall I'll be a very VERY happy man) but I always try and support my team be it by being a medic, dropping ammo, spotting, repairing etc.

What really pissed me off yesterday was playing canals (trying out the UMP-45 sweet jesus what a fun gun) and I kept noticing claymores in the crate at the front of the map, think everyone knows the one I'm on about the camper one ya know!

turns out one of our support guys was camping in there with 2 claymores at the entrance and an ammo pack at his feet.

thought ok maybe he is just recovering, nope he stayed in there. Everytime I got to that area of the map it was the same. 2 claymores and an ammo pack, no other support guys on the map on our team till I changed. To try and get him moving every time I passed that area I shot the ammo from him but he stuill refused to move. He then he bitching about other people (can't remember the reason) and i said at least they didn't camp behind claymores the whole game. thinking that would make him a bit more lively. nope, he says whats wrong with that, I explain that when the teams are so small 5 or 6 a side that what he is doing is pointless and we are getting flanked when they team up together. no reply.

think right ok maybe he's copped on now. nope still in there and everytime he dies he runs back in.

Enemy know where he is at this stage too. Eventually I get pissed off completely and instead of shooting the ammo box I shoot the claymores.

Then he tries to get a vote kick against me but nobody agreed.

I honestly hope I never have the displeasure of being on his team EVER again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

oh I think we have all had games with people like that!

Same whenever I play Damavand Peak and my entire squad consists of snipers sitting on rocks..

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

hypermuse wrote: »
    oh I think we have all had games with people like that!

Same whenever I play Damavand Peak and my entire squad consists of snipers sitting on rocks..

ahh but all the flag capture ribbons

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I dont know about you lads but I physically cant not play the objective. I have tried to be a useless sniper sometimes but I just hate it. :P

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I dont know about you lads but I physically cant not play the objective. I have tried to be a useless sniper sometimes but I just hate it. :P

^^ this!

i can understand if they are just starting off, but this guy had 433 hours of game time.

after that i switched to a hardcore server with jumbo, de winter and Lycan and i couldn't believe the difference in style.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Me too, I PTFO to a fault because all I do is charge from one flag to another, all it takes is even one guy setting up the most half-assed of flag ambush defences and I'll happily run straight into it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

danniemcq wrote: »
    Ok so I know I'm not the best bf3 player ever and never will be, but I aim to play the objective, I'll never have a super k/d ratio (the day I hit 1/1 overall I'll be a very VERY happy man) but I always try and support my team be it by being a medic, dropping ammo, spotting, repairing etc.

What really pissed me off yesterday was playing canals (trying out the UMP-45 sweet jesus what a fun gun) and I kept noticing claymores in the crate at the front of the map, think everyone knows the one I'm on about the camper one ya know!

turns out one of our support guys was camping in there with 2 claymores at the entrance and an ammo pack at his feet.

thought ok maybe he is just recovering, nope he stayed in there. Everytime I got to that area of the map it was the same. 2 claymores and an ammo pack, no other support guys on the map on our team till I changed. To try and get him moving every time I passed that area I shot the ammo from him but he stuill refused to move. He then he bitching about other people (can't remember the reason) and i said at least they didn't camp behind claymores the whole game. thinking that would make him a bit more lively. nope, he says whats wrong with that, I explain that when the teams are so small 5 or 6 a side that what he is doing is pointless and we are getting flanked when they team up together. no reply.

think right ok maybe he's copped on now. nope still in there and everytime he dies he runs back in.

Enemy know where he is at this stage too. Eventually I get pissed off completely and instead of shooting the ammo box I shoot the claymores.

Then he tries to get a vote kick against me but nobody agreed.

I honestly hope I never have the displeasure of being on his team EVER again
    You should have sat beside him chucking grenades at his claymores everytime he put one down :)

Here's an entertaining way to deal with camping snipers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRPx1lDKnQQ :D

You should have sat beside him chucking grenades at his claymores everytime he put one down :)

Here's an entertaining way to deal with camping snipers: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRPx1lDKnQQ :D

it was to tight a game to dick around to much in, we ended up winning so thats something i guess

• Advertisement

3% health? FFS, I thought I had him. Boom, just got revived, that medic must have killed hi...Oh, killed again by the same bloke. And you as well Mr. Medic? Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

3% health? FFS, I thought I had him. Boom, just got revived, that medic must have killed hi...Oh, killed again by the same bloke. And you as well Mr. Medic? Good lad.
    Nothing better than baiting out the medic :D

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Madbod

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Sniper assignments are annoying me, i never play sniper :(

me neither, but i had a couple of decent sniping games and started to enjoy recon a bit more with the L96 assignments.

I had one game on Oman where i was hiding in the burnt out buses between the beach and the city, taking out snipers on the cranes and a couple in the bushes at B. Relocating each time, got a few good runs in. Very sneaky, and you can start to mess with their heads by leaving beeping things behind as diversions/bait (lol) managed to get a couple of tags that way, in the end i had two LAVs and a chopper combing the area for me, felt kind of proud

Depends how you play it. i grab a smg get foward deploy beacon for squad to spawn- flg captured or defending drop a few tugs around and use smg to repel attack .
    Problem is lazy fckrs not playing objectives can be all classes .
    I can set up soflam and lock onto choppers but nobody uses the javelin to take them down - that makes them as bad as the lad on the rocks with ballistic scope in my book.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

osheen wrote: »
    Depends how you play it. i grab a smg get foward deploy beacon for squad to spawn- flg captured or defending drop a few tugs around and use smg to repel attack .
    Problem is lazy fckrs not playing objectives can be all classes .
    I can set up soflam and lock onto choppers but nobody uses the javelin to take them down - that makes them as bad as the lad on the rocks with ballistic scope in my book.
    Very few people use javelin anymore since DICE made it useless against vehicles with IR smoke.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

I'm getting seriously sick of this game...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

When your whole team won't play the fúckin objective :mad: god dammit!

Ciano35 wrote: »
    When your whole team won't play the fúckin objective :mad: god dammit!

Last night I got mvp with a k/d of 3-18 cause nobody else was medic or capping flags except me ??

Talking down the second update in a week now. Why the **** is it taking me over an hour to get 1.59GB down? Your standard torrent takes a couple of mins. Load of balls.

• Advertisement

Talking down the second update in a week now. Why the **** is it taking me over an hour to get 1.59GB down? Your standard torrent takes a couple of mins. Load of balls.

what speeds are you getting?

I was hitting 2mb/s down!

Advertisement