Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

danniemcq wrote: »
    what speeds are you getting?

I was hitting 2mb/s down!

I'm downloading on Xbox so no idea of the speed. It's like they have a set download speed on the console. 45 mins in and it was at 60% so I decided to test the waters and download something else. Took down a 500mb episode of a TV show in 1.5 mins all while downloading the update at the same time. The update was now at 62%. Really frustrating when I don't get much of a chance to play these days and the two times in two weeks that I do get to play I'm subjected to one hour plus updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

what speeds are you getting?

I was hitting 2mb/s down!
    2mbps is just not good enough.

I downloaded some games on steam later on and i was getting 9mbps. why are origins servers muck?

also, my BF3 is completely broken after the update. "corrupt data error" tried a repair, tried a reinstall, tried a 3rd party patch, nothing works. gonna have to reinstall windows again i think :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    2mbps is just not good enough.

I downloaded some games on steam later on and i was getting 9mbps. why are origins servers muck?

also, my BF3 is completely broken after the update. "corrupt data error" tried a repair, tried a reinstall, tried a 3rd party patch, nothing works. gonna have to reinstall windows again i think :(

well it is if the highest speed you ever seen on your connection is a peak of 4mb/s (steam)

my torrents max out at 1.5

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Every game one team completely destroys the other and you spend half of it either sitting in your own base or camping so one else's? Yep you're playing BF3 again.

This game has the raw material for something great but my actual gameplay experience is so poor so often that I really find myself not ****ing arsed.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

little bollix :p

bf3%202012-11-29%2000-06-28-64.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

dreamers75 wrote: »

Is he in the wall?

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Is he in the wall?

Yup no idea how he got there but i C4d him from above.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

bf3%202012-11-29%2000-06-28-64.jpg

Please tell me ye are joking , that's a glitch in the game it's always there on seine crossing , has been since day 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Please tell me ye are joking , that's a glitch in the game it's always there on seine crossing , has been since day 1

Sorry for not knowing the glitches. How does one get in to that secret glitchy lair of awesomeness?

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Is that glitch on consoles too?
    I actually remember emptying a few clips into that area then thinking its just a stupid wall light and going on my merry way!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Goddamn those PC screenshots make the xbox version look crap.

I deflected to COD for a little while. Traded it in after a week.

I'm back!

Just got MVP there on a game of conquest. We were up 20 tickets 100-80 and for some reason my squad spawned homebase and just chilled out there as we lost all flags and got destroyed.

I was squad leadering like a loon pointing to this objective, that objective and the fcukers got into a helicopter and teamkilled me?

AAARRRGGGHHH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

lol I always do a doubletake on that glint as well to be fair. i think it's just a wall mounted light i.e. part of the scenery

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

osheen wrote: »
    Last night I got mvp with a k/d of 3-18 cause nobody else was medic or capping flags except me ??

Yep, find this the worse of all. If you are going to go just for the K/D than play TDM.. Any other type you really need to go for objective! It's is beyond my comprehension why so many can't follow simple objections!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Equium

The size of the required updates is ridiculous. I bought the game today for PS3 and was greeted with a mandatory 1.5 GB download for online play. Given how low Eircom's data usage allowances can be, I'll sadly be bringing this back before even getting the chance to play it.

Equium wrote: »
    The size of the required updates is ridiculous. I bought the game today for PS3 and was greeted with a mandatory 1.5 GB download for online play. Given how low Eircom's data usage allowances can be, I'll sadly be bringing this back before even getting the chance to play it.

Eircom have never done anything about download caps afaik.

1.5gb is feck all tbh

get premium and its around 12gb total.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

You think thats bad :P

Since buying the game at launch, Around 12gb of my xbox HD has gone to battlefield content. Obviously new maps take up space (usually around 1.5gb each) Thats cool. But there has roughly been around 6gb of game updates since launch and from what i've read on other forums you can't delete any of the previous game updates. You got to keep them all.

I woulnd't mind too much if I had a bigger HD. But still using the smaller xbox 360 launch HD :( 12gb just eats too much.

27.8GB on PC

27.8GB on PC

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT :eek:

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT :eek:

when you include Origin

wCejL.jpg

Eircom have never done anything about download caps afaik.

1.5gb is feck all tbh

get premium and its around 12gb total.

It's actually quite a lot imo, especially when the available download speed is appalling. I've read various reports about Eircom's leniency with regard to data caps, but the person in contract with them is telling me that it's costing an arm and a leg to exceed 10 GB. I'm not in a position to argue.

Anyway, the main point is that developers shouldn't be releasing games that require such a huge amount of updates to play. It's becoming far too common, and acceptable, in recent times. A little bit of QA would go a long way.
    You think thats bad :P

Since buying the game at launch, Around 12gb of my xbox HD has gone to battlefield content. Obviously new maps take up space (usually around 1.5gb each) Thats cool. But there has roughly been around 6gb of game updates since launch and from what i've read on other forums you can't delete any of the previous game updates. You got to keep them all.

I woulnd't mind too much if I had a bigger HD. But still using the smaller xbox 360 launch HD :( 12gb just eats too much.

6 gigs of updates?! That's effectively a whole DVD full of stuff that should have been done correctly the first time around. Maybe I'm lucky that I didn't buy this upon release :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Most of the stuff in the patches is not to fix bugs. Have a read of the patch notes, most of it is just balancing guns. The patches are usually so big because they're adding ****ing huge maps and new game modes for the likes of AK and Aftermath.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

when you include Origin

wCejL.jpg

Worth every kb

when you include Origin

wCejL.jpg

My origin is 78gb, Bf3 folder is 27.8gb on its own :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Anyway, the main point is that developers shouldn't be releasing games that require such a huge amount of updates to play.
    Well that's just a bit stupid to be honest. People would be giving out if games didn't look as realistic as they do. 1.5GB is small for any AAA title nowadays, end of. It's the broadband in this country that's the problem, not the games.

Well that's just a bit stupid to be honest. People would be giving out if games didn't look as realistic as they do. 1.5GB is small for any AAA title nowadays, end of. It's the broadband in this country that's the problem, not the games.

Actually, I'd be inclined to say you are wrong.
    No one can dispute the size of DLC. As its new content. But you seem to be forgetting about mandatory updates to the game in order to play online.

I bought the game at launch. I am looking at my 360 storage as I type this. Since launch there have been the following mandatory updates that you cannot delete:

Rent a server/e-sports update: 1.1gb
    Battlefield 3 Title update: 183mb
    Battlefield 3 Title update: 201mb
    Multiplayer Update 3: 2.4gb
    Multiplayer Update 4: 1.5gb
    Multiplayer Update 5: 1.8gb

^ That is excluding the DLC content. Also there is the Battlefield 3 HD Content 1.5gb (optional) update.

As it stands with the above + DLC, my xbox HD says I have 13.7gb of Battlefield content. Only 6mb of that is gamesaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Actually, I'd be inclined to say you are wrong.
    No one can dispute the size of DLC. As its new content. But you seem to be forgetting about mandatory updates to the game in order to play online.

I bought the game at launch. I am looking at my 360 storage as I type this. Since launch there have been the following mandatory updates that you cannot delete:

Rent a server/e-sports update: 1.1gb
    Battlefield 3 Title update: 183mb
    Battlefield 3 Title update: 201mb
    Multiplayer Update 3: 2.4gb
    Multiplayer Update 4: 1.5gb
    Multiplayer Update 5: 1.8gb

^ That is excluding the DLC content. Also there is the Battlefield 3 HD Content 1.5gb (optional) update.

As it stands with the above + DLC, my xbox HD says I have 13.7gb of Battlefield content. Only 6mb of that is gamesaves.
    Again, that's not the game's fault. It's simply because the 360 has been out since 2005. Apart from that, there's no doubt that Battlefield is primarily a game for PC, where space isn't "as" important. The next-gen consoles will probably have up to 1TB of storage for exactly this reason.

I've never had to install a mandatory update that even approaches that size for console. Shouldn't have to either. DLC is another story, of course, and I wouldn't have any qualms with downloading optional maps etc., no matter the size, if I was still able to play the game online to some degree upon purchase. That's not unreasonable in my eyes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Why is it that every ****ing time I put the effort into making a favourites playlist it just fcking disappears the next time I log on...

Seriously pissing me off at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

You dont have to play with the patches if you dont want to. Run the game without signing in, ignoring all promps when it gives you to sign in.When you reach the main menu sign in and you can play the game without having to download patches

• Advertisement

You dont have to play with the patches if you dont want to. Run the game without signing in, ignoring all promps when it gives you to sign in.When you reach the main menu sign in and you can play the game without having to download patches

and then you can use all the haX

Advertisement