Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Can connect to servers with 5 bar but still get incredibly laggy games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

This fecking multi-kill assignment is very tough on Xbox. Got one so far but it seems incredibly difficult to do. I've maybe got 10 in total in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

This fecking multi-kill assignment is very tough on Xbox. Got one so far but it seems incredibly difficult to do. I've maybe got 10 in total in the past.

Try playing a bit of close quarters on 64 size servers, usually quite easy to mow down squads capturing a flag with an lmg ;)

Edit, sorry I just realised you're on Xbox, you could still try it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

I'm still waiting to get a eod bot kill.
    Just cant be bothered driving it around the map .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

I reckon the best way would be to only play maps with has the transport chopper, stinger or jav the sh!t out of it. That's what i'm trying anyway

• Advertisement

I reckon the best way would be to only play maps with has the transport chopper, stinger or jav the sh!t out of it. That's what i'm trying anyway

Got 3 today. Couple of rounds on Metro with C4. Really have to push it and I'm not much use to my team. People seem to crowd the stairs or the right corner from A to B.

Could probably do the same on close quarters but I'm not mad for that game mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭lovesfatgirls

Im not really qq'ing but is the L96's hit detection broken?
    running it with an acog and sb seems at times i just cant get a hit marker even if i look for the chest on stationary targets
    im not talking long range here i mean 100m tops
    no problems with the m40 :/ its weird

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

anyone else getting annoyed at these poxy pointless assignments?
    guess im kind of happy the EOD bot isn't involved this time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Seanbass wrote: »
    anyone else getting annoyed at these poxy pointless assignments?
    guess im kind of happy the EOD bot isn't involved this time...

I've given up on them. What's the point in forcing yourself to use a **** gun for a camoflage option on said **** gun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I've only just started to try and complete the assignments. Any I did complete in the past I did so by chance, never really bothered with them before! Its more just for something to do for now tbh!

After a few days I've realised how pointless some of them are.. like you said, camo for a $hite gun than your not gonna use! Also I could not give a damn what colour my gun is.. can barely even see it most of the time!!

But for some reason I'll probably grind it out.. Except for the chopper and jet ones.. They will be forever beyond me!!

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Playing on my lonesome for the last couple of days (during late afternoons till the lads I usually play with hop on) has really stressed the point that 95% of the random teammates I get paired up with are complete and utter ****e, while I get put up against clans, 100 rank players, objective focus players, etc, etc.

I'll say it once, I'll say it again, there's little to no difference between the majority of COD and Battlefield players.. no matter how much the latter like to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Playing on my lonesome for the last couple of days (during late afternoons till the lads I usually play with hop on) has really stressed the point that 95% of the random teammates I get paired up with are complete and utter ****e, while I get put up against clans, 100 rank players, objective focus players, etc, etc.

I'll say it once, I'll say it again, there's little to no difference between the majority of COD and Battlefield players.. no matter how much the latter like to think.

I hear ya.. Tis tough going without playing in a squad with like minded players!

Had a go of SQDM last night... Nightmare!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Noticing alot of people using a shotgun with a slug lately. Its like a rifle.

Noticing alot of people using a shotgun with a slug lately. Its like a rifle.

Pretty much a one shot kill.
    Once you get used to the drop they are good at distance as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

I've given up on them. What's the point in forcing yourself to use a **** gun for a camoflage option on said **** gun?

I know, I know, I berate myself for doing it, just annoys me having them hang over me after each match!
    you end up not playing the objective and doing stupid things just to get them.

Edit : the shotgun with slug is fantastic when you get used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

osheen wrote: »
    Pretty much a one shot kill.
    Once you get used to the drop they are good at distance as well.
    Seanbass wrote: »
    Edit : the shotgun with slug is fantastic when you get used to it.

*waits for shotgun with slug to get nerfed in next patch... *

*waits for shotgun with slug to get nerfed in next patch... *

It has been like that for a a good six months now so I doubt it will be nerfed.

4/5 multikills done. C4 in the locker rooms on Metro. 4 kills come up on the killfeed. I get four kills. On my screen, it comes up as a triple kill and a single kill for no apparent reason. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu..... When this is done I'm never doing another assignment again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 714 ✭✭✭PlainP

Gunmaster WTF!!

I cannot seem to get higher than #7 I'm finding it really hard and the more I keep at it the more frustrated I get.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

PlainP wrote: »
    Gunmaster WTF!!

I cannot seem to get higher than #7 I'm finding it really hard and the more I keep at it the more frustrated I get.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

noob :p

just kidding :D main thing is to always keep on the move never stop moving , always be looking for targets , dont wait for them to come to you

PlainP wrote: »
    Gunmaster WTF!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr....

Just keep going and dont get knifed or ya drop back down !
    Try to knife the lads with bigger guns to keep them back

• Advertisement

osheen wrote: »

Just keep going and dont get knifed or ya drop back down !
    Try to knife the lads with bigger guns to keep them back

I have tried this but as you don't get a kill for knifing I find I'm just stalled on the same **** gun.

I'll keep at it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Nologogo

Find a gunmaster server that uses a non-standard weapons rotation, limit yourself to 16 man servers (or less if possible) and you should get top5 quickly enough. I did it once, and will never play that game type again.

I think this assignment just unlocks the Mk5 doesnt it? Not that great a weapon to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Sorry I only started playing BF3 online 3 weeks ago.

Probably been already been asked but how the fook do you control the MG49 SAW and M27 machine guns and the massive recoil lift on fully auto fire ?

Seriously. I spend entire clips trying to hit moving targets where with the other classes are not even near as bad.

I find the russian and german made weapons much more steady and on target.

AK'S and RPK's over the M16's AND M4's any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Unlock the foregrip (if available) and fire small bursts instead. Once you get used to it you can full auto on a fairly small area but its never completly accurate

MaxSteele wrote: »
    Sorry I only started playing BF3 online 3 weeks ago. Probably been already been asked but how the fook do you control the MG49 SAW and M27 machine guns and the massive recoil lift on fully auto fire ?

Seriously. I spend entire clips trying to hit moving targets where with the other classes are not even near as bad.

Light machine guns are only really effective when using a bipod (unless someone is right in front of you in which you can 'shoot from the hip' to kill them)

Equip the bipod my good man and watch as you'll tear people down :P If you havent unlocked the bipod yet you'll just have to keep at it until you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Join a gunmaster server with only 5 people on it.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Join a gunmaster server with only 5 people on it.

I finished top 5 about an hour ago. It's a long time coming but at least it's done now.

I'll probably never play GM again lol.....

I hate the pp-19. Its a terrible weapon in the game. trying to do the assignment for it right now. It feels like you have to unload 50 bullets just for a kill. I remember it being better ages ago.

I hate the pp-19. Its a terrible weapon in the game. trying to do the assignment for it right now. It feels like you have to unload 50 bullets just for a kill. I remember it being better ages ago.

Did a lot of tdm to get it alright .
    Nice gun but you use most of the mag - problem i had was trying to get lads to drop ammo so i could keep going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Same here , I'll do the assignment and never ever ever use it again for anything , not even a door stop .

Advertisement