Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

jonski wrote: »
    Same here , I'll do the assignment and never ever ever use it again for anything , not even a door stop .

Go onto hardcore servers, its useful then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Just joined a conquest game on Canals today. The server's statement was 'no rules'.

When I joined my team was on the back foot with two helicopters strafing the spawn point, taking out vehicles and people easily.

I join, grab a stinger missile and start fighting back. Force one of the helicopters away and take down the other one.

Bam! Banned from the 'no rules' server straight away.

Boo-hoo! ****ing babies can't handle someone fighting back and want an easy game every time? F*ck off.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

AnonoBoy wrote: »
    Just joined a conquest game on Canals today. The server's statement was 'no rules'.

When I joined my team was on the back foot with two helicopters strafing the spawn point, taking out vehicles and people easily.

I join, grab a stinger missile and start fighting back. Force one of the helicopters away and take down the other one.

Bam! Banned from the 'no rules' server straight away.

Boo-hoo! ****ing babies can't handle someone fighting back and want an easy game every time? F*ck off.

similar situation a while ago on caspian - enemy choppers and jets base raping and stealing our air.
    set them up with c4 nice couple of kills but got warning from admin.
    So jumped into static aa took down a few more - then killed by admin and respawned on his team ! . Just left then hate that sh#-ty atitude.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

This makes SFA sense to me.

What's the point in having an easy win? Or even, to be fair, base raping your opponents? Particularly in a high ticket game.

Was on a server yesterday where one of the rules was no base-raping. When people ignored this rule they got forced onto the other team which seemed fair to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

myself and a friend yesterday were playing firestorm, we took a tank each. decimating them for a while, then we were killed, and swapped over sides. it's pathetic, really stinks of a sore loser. when we are getting destroyed it's a challenge to break out of it

• Advertisement

Autobalance on PC has some settings to take good players to the losing team.

Base rape is gods way of saying your team sucks.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Autobalance on PC has some settings to take good players to the losing team.

Base rape is gods way of saying your team sucks.

True but the problem is that some server admins kick or swap you out for defending the base with stingers or soflam or static aa.
    and some maps are just too big to run from flag to flag

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

Is there a way to go back and contact the administrator of a server you were kicked from? On ps3 if that makes any odds.

Every time I join a game lately (I always start out on seine crossing) I seem to get landed in a team that is being base raped. I can usually c4 the enemy tank after a few tries and end up getting kicked...It's starting to piss me off now and I would like to challenge them as to why I'm being kicked.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

sean1141 wrote: »
    Is there a way to go back and contact the administrator of a server you were kicked from? On ps3 if that makes any odds.

Every time I join a game lately (I always start out on seine crossing) I seem to get landed in a team that is being base raped. I can usually c4 the enemy tank after a few tries and end up getting kicked...It's starting to piss me off now and I would like to challenge them as to why I'm being kicked.

You can view your game history on Battlelog. Then you should be able to track the server from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

There's no point. Most of them are run by 12 year olds.

• Advertisement

There's no point. Most of them are run by 12 year olds.

IGLA/STINGER = BAN
    NO C4 SPAWN POINTS. No SHOTGUN / SEMI-AUTO SNIPER RIFLES. NO M320 R U WILL BE BAND. JETS ARE FOR ADMINS. WILL KICK FOR OUR FRIENDS. HAVE FUN PLAY HARD!

FCUK OFF!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

IGLA/STINGER = BAN
    NO C4 SPAWN POINTS. No SHOTGUN / SEMI-AUTO SNIPER RIFLES. NO M320 R U WILL BE BAND. JETS ARE FOR ADMINS. WILL KICK FOR OUR FRIENDS. HAVE FUN PLAY HARD!

FCUK OFF!!!!!

What server is this ? No prone, no grenades, no looking down your scope for more than 4 seconds :P Whatever server this is id be glad to be permanently banned ! **** sake.

Jets are for admins Bahahahahah, too funny

lahcen86 wrote: »
    What server is this ? No prone, no grenades, no looking down your scope for more than 4 seconds :P Whatever server this is id be glad to be permanently banned ! **** sake.

Jets are for admins Bahahahahah, too funny

It's damn near all of them on goddamned xbox with this rent a server bollox.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

that's pretty disgraceful tbh!

I've seen some pretty horrendous rules but that takes the piss! Jets just for admins.. class!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

People could always search for EA and DICE servers.. and perhaps favourite them or look them up in their history :)

I only occasionally look for high ticket servers when in the mood, but in the main I'll stick to DICE servers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

End Game is just around the corner, this the last DICE expansion for Battlefield 3.

It has been a long time where I have had this amount of fun and excitement when playing a multiplayer shooter. I have poured days and weeks into this game, making videos, making friends, and services stars in 70+ weapons.

The disappointment I am left with is immense.

The absence of Modding/map SDK tools means that there will be no more new maps for Battlefield 3. DICE initially said that they were too complex and subsequently explained that licensing issues have blocked this plan which is a convenient excuse. The engine is used in the MoH and the upcoming new C&C Free to Play so it cant be that flaky as suggested either.

The extra game modes were poorly executed.
    Gun Master initially only came on four maps with a fixed weapons set. This is surprising when you could have team deathmatch on every level but Gun Master was limited to four maps. The game has 70plus weapons but Gun Master server settings were locked to a specific set and loadout. Purists will argue that Gun Game has no place in the Battlefield Universe yet why would such a experienced and innovative games company such as DICE be so entirely short sighted with a well established game form?
    I can make the same arguments for Scavenger and Tank Superiority. The added game modes have not had the quality that PC players are accustomed to. If Modders have produced fuller and better game modes for other games then how could DICE been so consistently below par?

The highly praised FrostBite 2 engine with its advanced destruction features advanced lighting and shading has been underutilised. We have less destruction than Battlefield BC2 and we don’t have night and day maps or dynamic ones. Why was the destruction so limited? Why was the dynamic day and night not featured? If the engine hype was to believed then we could have had servers that had night and day lighting to vary the content on offer. This is where a Map SDK could have exploded the Battlefield 3 scene.

I will offer DICE some respite on the voice comms issue as many PC players use alternate solutions giving them constant communication to their friends regardless if they are playing a particular game or not. The battlelog for me is far superior than an in game server browser.

The lack of competition support is not a deal breaker as tournament organisers usually adapt to the game in question. Greater control of server settings would have dismissed this but again DICE fell short of expectations.

The more I played Battlefield 3, the more fun it got. The more I reflected on my experiences the more disappointed I got.

There are coincidences and then there are agendas. I believe that there was an agenda for Battlefield 3 and that was to limit its life cycle. Contemplating and/or incorporating Planned Obsolescence is a very dangerous path for a company. It can alienate your customers and severely damage your reputation. It maybe argued that being a game where the console was the lead format that there was an inherently short life cycle to the game. While the console versions are strictly locked to their console platform requirements then why change the PC ethos of player server configuration and control, player game and map modding?

The motives for this short life cycle are not clear to me. It would be a far too simplistic view to take these perceived actions as greed. Was it a case of a strict marketing plan? God knows that Battlefield 3 was massively promoted an marketed. Its Beta release was nothing more than a pre-order demo. the Back to Karkand DLC was delivered a month after release, and was heavily marketed for pre-ordering the game. The fiasco of Battlefield Premium. Who thought this ostentatious aura was a good idea? With its gold lettering, server queue priority, lack lustre behind the scenes content, and over simplified weapon camo unlocks. Premium didn’t feel premium to the players that bought it or to the players who could not afford it or to the players that avoided it.

I have no proof that DICE/EA are guilty of this.

One viewpoint is that DICE have been very short sighted, they have not followed norms. They have given limited and lack lustre content and charged a high price for it. If this is true then I don't have high hopes for the franchise.

The other viewpoint is that DICE have set out to strictly limited Battlefield 3. They peddled poor excuses for the decisions they have made and End Game is a fitting title on its final chapter.

In what ever conclusion I will come to it, is clear that PC players have been left far short of expectations. For me, Battlefield 2 has a great legacy and Battlefield 3 will just be remembered as a good game.
    Other companies aim to reward modders, aim to let players decide how the game is played, and leave to chance the evolution of the game in the community's hands.

People have told me that I expect too much of game developers, that the costs don't justify the means, that 380 hours played is worth the price I paid. Well I found this website the other day http://www.x-07.de/bf2maps.htm
    I was looking through the screenshots of this guys work on Battlefield 2 and I was livid.

What could Battlefield 3 PC have been?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

The absence of Modding/map SDK tools means that there will be no more new maps for Battlefield 3. DICE initially said that they were too complex and subsequently explained that licensing issues have blocked this plan which is a convenient excuse. The engine is used in the MoH and the upcoming new C&C Free to Play so it cant be that flaky as suggested either.

gotta agree with most if not all of your points but this in particular.

I feel that the lack of user created maps is due to them wanting you to buy the expansions mainly (could be wrong)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

danniemcq wrote: »
    gotta agree with most if not all of your points but this in particular.

I feel that the lack of user created maps is due to them wanting you to buy the expansions mainly (could be wrong)

I'd say you'd be right.
    What better way to get players of the game to buy the dlc.

Modding and SDKs are dead for "triple AAAAAA" studios. Been that way for a long time now so nothing new there.

Modders move onto games they can mod and rest of us play the sheep games, i love BF3 its brilliant. But i would love to mod the **** out of it, move Mcoms, change flag placement. Simple things.

EA/Dice learned that allowing people to mod allows people to make the game better which from EAs point is detrimental altho brilliant for us, it ****s with the strategy.

IGLA/STINGER = BAN

FCUK OFF!!!!!

Seen the best one on ps3 today. The usual no c4 no javlin etc etc then at the end

Don't kill the admins or you will be banned!! :rolleyes::eek::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

danniemcq wrote: »
    I think the main reason for not allowing modding is hackers. Granted, they could open the game for modding once the last DLC is released...but to say that modding would be too complicated is a complete and utter load of BS.

I'm sure there are far better programmers and modders out there that will never work for DICE.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Completely agree with SearrarD.
    DICE or more likely EA set out to limit the lifespan of this game for at most 2 years.
    Apart from aftermath all the other DLCs were complete muck and poor implemented.
    EA don't want modders adding extra features to DLC and prolong the lifespan..they want you to buy BF4 and 5 and so on.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Can't see how modding would work on consoles when you only have official servers.
    It would just end up being a hack/boost-fest anyway without the potential for anything like counter-strike/DoD to emerge because DICE wouldn't let that happen.

5uspect wrote: »
    You can view your game history on Battlelog. Then you should be able to track the server from there.

Ok how do I do this. On the menu screen it says no new events under battle feed??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Can anyone help me... playing well, game crashed... rebooted and game felt wierd, lagging, etc.

Didn't play for a week and the game is still the same.. the graphics in some situations look better and while aiming isn't lagging, running and moving feels wierd - kinda like under suppression. I have turned it off, turned it on, changed sensitivity settings and all still the same...

- anyone know what I can do

- how do I check lag?

Helped needed, 520 hrs in and can't really play anymore

[PS3]

Where do I see what servers I have played on on that?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Ok how do I do this. On the menu screen it says no new events under battle feed??

Click this icon:
    238465.png

Nice one! Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

anyone heard anything bout all European console servers being moved to the states??

Advertisement