Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Damien360

hypermuse wrote: »

Sorry I read that thread on battlefield log. All conjecture and waffle made up on somebodies ping of server without knowledge of the architecture behind it. This is made worse by EA removing the post (although is the MOD really EA employee) and then re-posted to make a conspiracy theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

was doing fairly well on a game of rush on seine crossing. and then i drop for seemingly no reason. killed by admin pops up then. he'd kicked half my team too. bloody baby can't take a beating.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭sean1141

often had that happen or else they would swap you over to their team..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Damien360 wrote: »
    Sorry I read that thread on battlefield log. All conjecture and waffle made up on somebodies ping of server without knowledge of the architecture behind it. This is made worse by EA removing the post (although is the MOD really EA employee) and then re-posted to make a conspiracy theory.

Lol its true actually.Did a test myself on a few European servers i play in and they all had an IP address of Richmond,Virginia.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

EA servers are f**king rubbish. Can't even finish 1 full game tonight :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

cambo2008 wrote: »

Same on the PS3 last night. Serious lack of servers available too, and the ones I had favourited were completely empty for all but a couple. Bizarre.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »

Same on the PS3 last night. Serious lack of servers available too, and the ones I had favourited were completely empty for all but a couple. Bizarre.
    Yea man, PS3 for me too. About 10 games of rush with 20 odd players to choose from and the rest were either empty or 6-10 players.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Lol its true actually.Did a test myself on a few European servers i play in and they all had an IP address of Richmond,Virginia.

I think that's what he means by people not having knowledge of the architecture of how their server system is set up. I get the impression that the Richmond thing is a red herring.

cambo2008 wrote: »

You werent playing on a map with more than 200% tickets where you?That **** always freezes

You werent playing on a map with more than 200% tickets where you?That **** always freezes
    Didn't exactly have much choice, they were nearly all 200% or more. Shouldn't be a problem with that anyway,

• Advertisement

some of these servers have so many stupid rules it would nearly be quicker for them to list the things you are allowed use in the server description.

some of these servers have so many stupid rules it would nearly be quicker for them to list the things you are allowed use in the server description.
    No grenades or equipment :pac:
    Needless to say I covered the place in c4 and lobbed grenades to my hearts content.
    I go out of my way to break stupid rules.

Losing a game of Conquest by a single ticket despite having more players, being 50-7 up and with 4 flags. Smh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Guided missle on Jets awful and bugged or jsut me ?

I don't have any of the DLC mainly because I've only got the basic harddrive and there's no space. I've been noticing lately that it's after getting much harder to find servers with the base maps in rotation. at the moment my server browser is filled with orange exlamtion marks. 3 days ago it didnt matter that i dont have the DLC. every other game was running base maps. I'm wondering why this is are ea servers phasing out the maps or am i just having a very poor run of luck. If anyone wants to throw a 120gb HD my way so i can finally enter the DLC world i wouldn't say no :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

As a premium member I find its difficult to get a server that is a mix of all map types..

I find its usually just the base maps or else a server for 1 specific set of DLC maps!

Need some dice servers that are a mix of all maps (conquest and rush)! Hard to come by.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

You'd think that after a year and a half people would cop on and not revive you in front of of 200 enemies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

You'd think that after a year and a half people would cop on and not revive you in front of of 200 enemies.

But it's funny to troll-revive people and use them as bait :p

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Dont get some of us started :)

36hy9t.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

(PS3 here)

A few moans:

1. Why is it so hard to get a game of Epicentre on Rush - try it, maybe 1/2 servers max

2. Knifed two bot-boys last night and got kicked - shows up as a loss on battlelog? What the hell! (i don't care that much, but...)

3. Team deathmatch Noshar - fine once or twice but what is with the noobs who play it all time.

4. Col 100s who play Ziba 24/7 - don't need to explain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

fcukin origin

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Rush on Grand Bazaar can be a pain in the hole.

If the defense pushes you back to your starting point. Forget about it. It doesnt help that Dice updated the Mortar to be only deployed in areas that can be accessed by both teams too. it means you can be pushed back to the start while getting shelled out of it too.

Bloody annoying.

If the defense pushes you back to your starting point. Forget about it. It doesnt help that Dice updated the Mortar to be only deployed in areas that can be accessed by both teams too. it means you can be pushed back to the start while getting shelled out of it too.

Bloody annoying.

Haha, that happened to me for the first time since release about an hour ago. A real nasty spawn trap going when I had joined. 6 vs 12, 3 of their guys were mortaring. The others were pushed up and spamming M320's, RPG's and bipoding with their LMG's. Occasional there was one guy who'd run into spawn and try and C4 as many he could. I ended up just sticking in the very back corner and MAV killing as many as I could. The mortars were the real issue, raining down.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Bloody annoying.
    With some backup you can break out using M320 Smoke and suppressors but generally its pointless as the rest of your team just sits in the spawn waiting for the campers to return :rolleyes:

In near every game I've tried to play this weekend, I've been lagging badly. With the yellow mark showing I'm disconnecting, that or just skipping across the map. Up until this weekend I've had that maybe a few times at most. Every other game I've tried to play is fine. Ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I don't mind losing, but I hate when I'm the only one who is bothering to capture objectives. Having 8 snipers in the mountains isn't going to help us win!

The number one thing that annoys me is vehicle stealing/destroying in the main base!!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Popped onto a server where game was nearly over, down by 200 tickets with maybe 140 left.
    We're holding no flags and they have got us pinned to our base with jets and helis and we can't break out.

So I equip an IGLA and take down a pair of jets and force the heli back. Tanks start rolling and we have a chance to take some flags, here we go I thought. And then I get kicked by an admin because I used an IGLA.

Why would you get pissy about an IGLA when you're playing in such a negative manner, shutting down another team. Clan were called TBK.

It really irked me because I actually got killed a bunch of times trying to take these pricks out but as soon as I blow up their precious jet I get kicked so they can continue base raping like a bunch of total dicks.

Popped onto a server where game was nearly over, down by 200 tickets with maybe 140 left.
    We're holding no flags and they have got us pinned to our base with jets and helis and we can't break out.

So I equip an IGLA and take down a pair of jets and force the heli back. Tanks start rolling and we have a chance to take some flags, here we go I thought. And then I get kicked by an admin because I used an IGLA.

Why would you get pissy about an IGLA when you're playing in such a negative manner, shutting down another team. Clan were called TBK.

It really irked me because I actually got killed a bunch of times trying to take these pricks out but as soon as I blow up their precious jet I get kicked so they can continue base raping like a bunch of total dicks.
    Xbox right? German pricks they are

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Xbox right? German pricks they are
    Seen them on ps3 as well - same sh!f

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

I think they need to bring in a mechanism whereby vehicles that spawn in your base are immune to damage for 5-10 seconds are getting in them.

That way if people are trying to spawn rape you then you can at least have an advantage to fight them back from your own spawn point.

Advertisement