Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

hypermuse wrote: »
    I think they need to bring in a mechanism whereby vehicles that spawn in your base are immune to damage for 5-10 seconds are getting in them.

That way if people are trying to spawn rape you then you can at least have an advantage to fight them back from your own spawn point.
    For some reason DICE just arn't interested in stopping it or base vehicle stealing, the carrier on Noshahr conquest not having an AA cannon is ridiculous :mad:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Xbox right? German pricks they are

Ill find their server later and get banned for playing fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Ive given up on battlefield. The lag is a ****ing joke. I'm sick of pumping a whole mp7 clip into some dude, getting 2 hitmarkers and getting insta-death from that dude with a silenced pp-19. It seems to be worse from dudes in poland russia and holland for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Ive given up on battlefield. The lag is a ****ing joke. I'm sick of pumping a whole mp7 clip into some dude, getting 2 hitmarkers and getting insta-death from that dude with a silenced pp-19. It seems to be worse from dudes in poland russia and holland for some reason.

i have bf3 on pc and ps3, mostly play it on pc, popped in ps3 version the last day and was only met by lag on the few games i joined, never have such issues on pc to be honest, very handy aspect to the pc version is that you can check the ping on the server before ya join.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

Xbox right? German pricks they are

I hate that admins can ban/kick you outright. I much prefered the BF2 method of requiring votes.

It's not as bad as it was in the beginning when people could start their own servers and were taking total advantageg of it. Back then I was getting kicked out of every 3'rd game or so for the most stupid of reasons like; killing the admin, taking the helicopter when the admin wanted it, knifing the admin, being on top of the leader board, etc.. utter BS

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭jrby

stupid question, but should ping be high or low?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

jrby wrote: »
    stupid question, but should ping be high or low?

lower the better.

its how long it takes for the info from your PC to the server and back.

if its high you end up jumping over the place and will get kicked

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

danniemcq wrote: »
    lower the better.

its how long it takes for the info from your PC to the server and back.

if its high you end up jumping over the place and will get kicked

just as an addition to that answer, Ping is measured in miliseconds (ms)

so if you see 30ms, it means the info is taking 30 miliseconds (0.030 seconds) to travel from your pc to the game server and back.

generally;
    you really need to be <100ms for online gaming
    below 50ms is okay
    below 30ms is quite good
    below 10ms is excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Ping depends on the games network engine.

Games in the last 5 years demand under 50 for decent performance, older games allowed for more.

What i wonder is how my son gets 150ms playing PC BF3 and has "issues" but on console from the same room it plays fine.

Decent PS3 wifi card or better coding on console? (he had 3 variations of wifi card in the pc, its now cat6 to 150mb UPC router, so not an issue anymore)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Ping depends on the games network engine.

Games in the last 5 years demand under 50 for decent performance, older games allowed for more.

What i wonder is how my son gets 150ms playing PC BF3 and has "issues" but on console from the same room it plays fine.

Decent PS3 wifi card or better coding on console? (he had 3 variations of wifi card in the pc, its now cat6 to 150mb UPC router, so not an issue anymore)

150ms would be eastern Europe or eastern USA, so he's choosing bad servers. Might want to check the geo filter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

On the PS3 there is a ping graphic, I always presumed the more bars were filled (4 i think is max) the better? Surely...?

If BF4 doesn't fix the assault noob class I won't buy it. Sick of being met by assault trains with their AEK and M16 crap.

Also the scoring system should be change to promote variation, e.g. 100 points per service star but something like 50,000 points to get 1,000 kills and then back down to 50 points per service star.

That way, someone like me who uses ALL guns will benefit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

jesus loaded in there with out any of the clan i play with fvcking hell it was like a turkey shoot.
    I swear to good battlefeild biggest down fall is the fact that players dont comunicate :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

mozattack wrote: »
    On the PS3 there is a ping graphic, I always presumed the more bars were filled (4 i think is max) the better? Surely...?

If BF4 doesn't fix the assault noob class I won't buy it. Sick of being met by assault trains with their AEK and M16 crap.

Also the scoring system should be change to promote variation, e.g. 100 points per service star but something like 50,000 points to get 1,000 kills and then back down to 50 points per service star.

That way, someone like me who uses ALL guns will benefit.

I use all guns also, but don't take it out on the AEK! Love that gun, even through all the patches :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Spear wrote: »
    150ms would be eastern Europe or eastern USA, so he's choosing bad servers. Might want to check the geo filter.

Combination of Eircom DSL and the wireless card. Would be on the same server as me and i would have 40 ping.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

There I was c4'ing all the enemies and one of the lads (Dappergent) ruined a particularly epic moment by killing me. I called him a c**t in chat & was banned for 24 hours hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

The amount of servers playing rush with 500% tickets on PS3 is a joke. 200% should be the absolute max.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Team mates with zero concept of what kit and equipment are necessary for the task at hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

was only wanting to play one or two games tonight.. lag issues made sure of that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Getting huge rubber banding issues & random connection lost issues tonight. Pain in the arse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Team mates with zero concept of what kit and equipment are necessary for the task at hand.
    This makes me so mad. Was playing conquest large on Markaz Monolith and we get pushed back to spawn. The other team had about 3 tanks/LAVs and stolen one of ours. Their Little Bird pilot was really good and we just couldn't get free.
    A sensible team would run lots of engineers and medics to kill their armour/heli and push out and take some flags, but not our team. After about 150 tickets of spawn camping, I checked the squads and classes of our team (~28 players), half were recons prone in our base taking pot shots out. A bunch of medics and supports and about 4 engis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Leinster7

Lafortezza wrote: »
    This makes me so mad. Was playing conquest large on Markaz Monolith and we get pushed back to spawn. The other team had about 3 tanks/LAVs and stolen one of ours. Their Little Bird pilot was really good and we just couldn't get free.
    A sensible team would run lots of engineers and medics to kill their armour/heli and push out and take some flags, but not our team. After about 150 tickets of spawn camping, I checked the squads and classes of our team (~28 players), half were recons prone in our base taking pot shots out. A bunch of medics and supports and about 4 engis.

When this happens you must play recon, drop spawn beacon, parachute in behind with c4 bombing run and rape flank. The noob team rape flank manoeuvre. Alternatively, you can drop in with a medpack and supressed weapon of choice, (aek quite dandy), suitable camo and proceeed with the noob team ninja flank manoeuvre.

Learn not to rely on ****ty teammates and you will enjoy it a lot more ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

... After about 150 tickets of spawn camping, I checked the squads and classes of our team (~28 players), half were recons prone in our base taking pot shots out. A bunch of medics and supports and about 4 engis.

This always happens when one team gets pushed back. It's annoying. Personally, I think it's players only caring about their kill/death ratio. So they switch to recon to try to bring it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

defending in rush on metro. We really had the first base locked down. fair few support guys and we were moving our setup points. locking areas down ending pushes before they started and moving on. our assault guys were raping them. the only dent the attackers were putting in us was they had mortarsand they were being used right. but other than that we were destroying them. Then everyone decides to rush to the enemy spawn for kills leaving me and a few others with lmgs covering the base. we had them down to one ticket when they manage to break through set up the charge and then flank around the back of us. and snipe every defuse attempt. mcom goes and cue the inevitable meat grinder metro descends into once you go undergound. teamwork goes out the window and we get steamrolled. PTFO! bloody k/d kids need to stay in tdm.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

FFS, joined an AS server, and my team was getting steam rolled.
    Most of the team leave at the end of the round leading to the auto balancer kicking in at the start of the next. Then the ****ers just switch back.

And they wonder why the server died?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

So snipers in spawn is not a PS3 exclusive then?

Feckin clowns... in those games I unfortunately have to quit. Pointless otherwise.

I HATE snipers - this is said from someone with more time as recon as any other class by 5% of that time is spent "sniping", the other is aggressive recon which should be a different class to these noobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

mozattack wrote: »
    So snipers in spawn is not a PS3 exclusive then?

Feckin clowns... in those games I unfortunately have to quit. Pointless otherwise.

I HATE snipers - this is said from someone with more time as recon as any other class by 5% of that time is spent "sniping", the other is aggressive recon which should be a different class to these noobs

one spawn beacon can change a whole game around immediately! Recon rocks when used correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Everytime I log on all my settings reset. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Keno 92 wrote: »
    Everytime I log on all my settings reset. Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Yeah I'm having that problem too... I thought it was the new nostromo gamepad I got messing with it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Team mates not dropping health/ammo packs when need really gets me. Those that spend the entire game trying to get a kill in spawn anti air. Been revived when still been shot at by the same guy. Got revived 8 times in a row only to be shot by the same sniper before I even get to accept

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

why don't people cancel the revive if they know this is gonna happen?

Advertisement