Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

danniemcq wrote: »
    why don't people cancel the revive if they know this is gonna happen?

Because your shot again before you get a chance

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Hareton wrote: »
    Team mates not dropping health/ammo packs when need really gets me. Those that spend the entire game trying to get a kill in spawn anti air. Been revived when still been shot at by the same guy. Got revived 8 times in a row only to be shot by the same sniper before I even get to accept

Ammo particularly is the worst. End up just following them for a few seconds while spamming select in the hope they look at the ammo sign on the mini map before shooting the ground in front of him. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. More so the latter happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Hareton wrote: »
    Because your shot again before you get a chance

good point....

i really need to start playing again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I always thought that it didn't count as a kill when that happened as you only need to be grazed by a bullet and you're dead again. Only noticed recently that it does :o It's a stupid way of doing it, you should be immune from damage while waiting on the prompt to accept or decline the revive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

For some reason, the game won't let me crouch and move diagonally right - left works fine, and it only happens on BF3. Really annoying!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Are you this guy by any chance?

zoolander1.jpg

Thats a weird one though, maybe look on the battlelog forums. Have your key bindings been messed up in a new patch?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Ammo particularly is the worst. End up just following them for a few seconds while spamming select in the hope they look at the ammo sign on the mini map before shooting the ground in front of him. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. More so the latter happens.

Jumping up and down in front of them while pressing select like a lunatic and there's no ammo coming.

Do they think i just like to jump and down in front of people or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Jumping up and down in front of them while pressing select like a lunatic and there's no ammo coming.

is that not the Harlem Shake?

Nobody ever joins in after the drop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Your better off just shooting a enemy support ,switching kits and throw out ur own ammo box.A bit harder to do on the big maps but there's always 1 on metro.First thing i do if i see one. Same with snipers switch their kits and throw out the tugs.

• Advertisement

Well sh1t.

I never thought of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Well sh1t.

I never thought of that.

Been doing it for a while myself. Even better, pick up a dead team-mates kit.

Swapping to assault class then reviving people is also useful (unless they're using a 6x scope on a famas :p ). Unsurprisingly, that too is a rare experience for it to actually happen to me.

The game doesn't want me playing CQ on Gulf of Oman. Usual pattern of games -

Cap all 4 flags (console remember).
    Get in a tank, Viper, jet or LAV, more often a land vehicle.
    Start destroying buildings through sheer boredom.
    Freeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Damien360

Freeze.

I am getting that freeze a lot. It crashes the PS3 and I thought the console was at fault.

Damien360 wrote: »
    I am getting that freeze a lot. It crashes the PS3 and I thought the console was at fault.

Aye, on the PS3 myself and I have to hard reset it myself when it happens. Played it again just there and avoided hopping into vehicles for the most part and it didn't freeze. Maybe it's coincidence.

Tbf, out of any game I've ever played in 20+ years, I've never had a game hard freeze on me or have the amount of connection fails that BF3 has provided. Any other game, FIFA aside occasionally, I've little to concern with this. This overall has been my biggest complaint about BF3.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I get the same on Xbox, particularly big ticket games. I'll be in a party with some mates, one will suddenly drop out and we'll all know that our consoles will freeze at some point during the game. Not sure what causes it tbh. The fact that it seems to be cross platform, related to one game and spread across every console is weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Taking their time with a release date for End Game , specially when you factor in us Premium heads getting it 2 weeks early

peoples not playing the opjective. just finished a game where my 3 man squad were the only even trying to take flags on a full conquest board.

theres so much i hate about the game and it drives me mad.

but i cant stop playing.......................................................................

If people don't actually want to play objectives and are just worried about K/D why don't they just sod off and play TDM or fooking close quarters TDM or Gun master or any of that crap they brought in to get rid of these tossers from a proper objective based game?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,475 ✭✭✭Damien360

If people don't actually want to play objectives and are just worried about K/D why don't they just sod off and play TDM or fooking close quarters TDM or Gun master or any of that crap they brought in to get rid of these tossers from a proper objective based game?

Aaaarrrrgh. I had that the other night on Metro. Only 2 of us on the team in Rush attempting to get the A and B on first section. The rest of them wanted to be snipers. Needless to say we did'nt get even one comm.

• Advertisement

Damien360 wrote: »

Aaaarrrrgh. I had that the other night on Metro. Only 2 of us on the team in Rush attempting to get the A and B on first section. The rest of them wanted to be snipers. Needless to say we did'nt get even one comm.

It's head wrecking. At the same time had someone in the anti air in our own deployment just destroying jets and helicopters as they re-Jen'd/ tried to take off. Would love a team or even just a squad to play with that we're objective based!!!!!!

The lack of awareness in players around 18 months post release is the most frightening aspect in this game.

__

Also..

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/82522052/4/179113116/

One of the worst losses I've experienced in the game. All 4 caps capped, 285-130 up and yet.. we lose by 110 tickets. There was seemingly a refusal from the majority of my teammates to cap a flag once we were quad capped , and take out enemy vehicles. I've experienced games like that before sure, but from that position was a kick to the nads.

edit - almost forgot, when you're flying or driving and get out to repair your vehicle then a teammate in that vehicles takes the driver seat ending up in both of you dying within a minute. Real ****head move.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

When you get kicked by a dickhead admin do you still leave with your game xp & stats etc?
    As long as you don't rejoin the server, you wont lose your gained xp.

Drunkenly attempting to complete assignments.

Destroy 10 tank destroyers.

Is that a tank destroyer in the distance? What the fook is a tank destroyer again?

Ah fcuk it. I'll C4 it anyway. Yes there's plenty of cover between it and me so I can just sneak up and oh crap it killed me.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Drunk Battlefield is excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭spitfireIRL

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Drunk Battlefield is excellent!

find myself roaring danger zone down the mic when i'm jetting it up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

find myself roaring danger zone down the mic when i'm jetting it up :D

Or singing Vengabus when in the van and the beeping the horn in sync with the song. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Drunk battliefield is awesome, last night i was 20 for 1 in my 1st round. 2nd was 20 for 10 3rd was 1 for 20.

then i stopped playing.

Why is one round always awesome and usually the 1st????

Bf2 was a cracking drunken game purple heart was your notification to stop playing :D

Freeze.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

83-30 with 18K points, kicked. My fault for joining before anyone says it, assumed it was a DICE server a guy I play with was in.

I've frozen more in this game than any other games combined. Joke!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

One thing I don't understand us why there is no squad/team chat (xbox).
    That's one way to push the teamwork aspect but there is no way to communicate!
    Also BF3 is the 1st game that really kills the current generation consoles they just can't handle it.. And if you've ever played the PC version.. Jesus the difference.
    BF4 on next gen consoles is gonna rock tho, proper graphics & destruction 64 man servers and probably more cod players :P

Advertisement