Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Got it for PC when I was an xbox pro, seriously why is everybody so good? LOL havn't had 3 matches in a row where I didn't rage quit. Hopefully I'll get better :)

Please tell me thats for pc and not consoles.

I am screwed anyways. Only got 100mb space left on my old xbox 360 hard drive. Don't know where to buy an old style 360 hd :( Smyths dont have them. Gamestop dont. It's all the slimer drives :mad:

Adverts.ie is always your friend :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Is that update out for Xbox yet or will it be next week with the maps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

omerin wrote: »
    6.2gb update file ready to download now!
    That's a ridiculous patch size. I wouldn't mind if they actually fixed most of the bugs.

That's a ridiculous patch size. I wouldn't mind if they actually fixed most of the bugs.

Its really to download all the new weapon textures and stuff for people who don't get End Game, they do it with all DLC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Was thinking the same dude :)

Was just reading here ( http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-360/accessories/usb-flash-drive ) and it says the 360 can support a 32gb usb drive and it just so happens Argos have them ( €22.99 is pretty cheap)

Win win :pac:
    Does it have to be a san disk?I have a Integral 32gb one and it will only let me format 16gb.

I am screwed anyways. Only got 100mb space left on my old xbox 360 hard drive. Don't know where to buy an old style 360 hd :( Smyths dont have them. Gamestop dont. It's all the slimer drives :mad:
    You'll pick up a 60gb or 120gb on amazon or ebay cheap enough.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/XBOX-60-GB-HARD-DRIVE-/230934170414?pt=UK_Controllers_Attachments&hash=item35c4bfcb2e#ht_500wt_1361

simon360 wrote: »
    Its really to download all the new weapon textures and stuff for people who don't get End Game, they do it with all DLC
    The previous patches have only been 3-4GB though, and the patch list is smaller than ever this time.

The previous patches have only been 3-4GB though, and the patch list is smaller than ever this time.

Hmm yeah saw that, I guess its just to piss people off :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Does it have to be a san disk?I have a Integral 32gb one and it will only let me format 16gb.

I tried to format a phillips 8gb usb before. Flat out wouldnt let me. Did a search on the net and people were saying that the xbox is "picky" with what usb you use. Also with what size you use too.

I originally heard any 32gb usb will not work. But microsoft seem to be claiming it can with that link I posted yesterday. But I thinking only if it's a sandisk (as sandisk sell official xbox 360 branded usb's) But i'm going to get a 32gb sandisk and I will post the results :)

Not bad, mate.
    Second hand tho? :( Meh. It would never get here in time. Away to argos I go :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

There's a very cheap and easy way to combat this. Genuinely. If you're in any way techincally minded - just take the hard drive out and disassemble it. Inside you will find a simple 2.5" 5400rpm SATA harddrive (exactly like you will find in any laptop). all you have to do now is copy the content from your 20gig (?) xbox harddrive over to a brand new bigger capacity harddrive and re-assemble.

these hard drives should be handy to get your hands on by the way, an old laptop if theres one laying about the house. just format it. clone your xbox content from the old onto the new. re-assemble, done!

There's a very cheap and easy way to combat this. Genuinely. If you're in any way techincally minded - just take the hard drive out and disassemble it. Inside you will find a simple 2.5" 5400rpm SATA harddrive (exactly like you will find in any laptop). all you have to do now is copy the content from your 20gig (?) xbox harddrive over to a brand new bigger capacity harddrive and re-assemble.

these hard drives should be handy to get your hands on by the way, an old laptop if theres one laying about the house. just format it. clone your xbox content from the old onto the new. re-assemble, done!
    Really, never knew that there was a 2.5" inside them.Sure western digital hard drives are dirt cheap.Good solution

Well I bought at 32gb SanDisk USB from Argos today. It works :D

I now have 29.2gb to play around with. Odd the way the xbox reserved 2.8gb knowing it says it will only reserve 1gb. But hey, who cares. Bring on your massive update battlefield... you S.O.B. you! :pac:

never knew that. Cheers man. Might look into that if I need more storage in the future.

Well I bought at 32gb SanDisk USB from Argos today. It works :D

I now have 29.2gb to play around with. Odd the way the xbox reserved 2.8gb knowing it says it will only reserve 1gb. But hey, who cares. Bring on your massive update battlefield... you S.O.B. you! :pac:

never knew that. Cheers man. Might look into that if I need more storage in the future.
    Did you get the one for 22.99 or will any SanDisk usb work?

Did you get the one for 22.99 or will any SanDisk usb work?

I got the one for 22.99 (32gb) today.

But this is the second SanDisk USB I have used. I was using a 4gb SanDisk to save the last update and Aftermath DLC. It worked perfectly. Now my new 32gb SanDisk works perfectly too. So that means the 16gb one has to work perfectly too.

So in a rather long about way of answering your question ... yeah any sandisk work :pac:

It's not suprising tho. SanDisk is the official usb Microsoft recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Endgame:

Whats worse than Assault M16/AEK wh**es, well what about CTF spawn killers.

Played a few games where tanks were camped in the spawn and BANG = dead, BANG = dead.

So boring, everyone quits and no-one even bothers getting the flag.

Seen a load of Col 100s doing it.

Shocking.

mozattack wrote: »
    Seen a load of Col 100s doing it.

Shocking.
    You do realise the majority of people that have had the game since it was released are now fairly close to or are Rank 100?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

You do realise the majority of people that have had the game since it was released are now fairly close to or are Rank 100?

I fail to see the point of this question ???

Hareton wrote: »
    I fail to see the point of this question ???
    Basically, being a rank 100 Colonel doesn't mean a whole lot anymore.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hopefully if I enjoy Endgame I too will be a shít bucketer soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Basically, being a rank 100 Colonel doesn't mean a whole lot anymore.

Ah got ya

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Love the air games
    finally got my first jet kill !!

Took 22 deaths to get it though

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

osheen wrote: »
    Love the air games
    finally got my first jet kill !!

Took 22 deaths to get it though

looking forward to this moment when it gets released on xbox :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Another 4.2gb downloading now (PC)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

omerin wrote: »
    Another 4.2gb downloading now (PC)

heh leave your origin logged in i came home from work and it was installed!

still a big size but at least its already there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

danniemcq wrote: »
    heh leave your origin logged in i came home from work and it was installed!

still a big size but at least its already there

tried that . but it didnt download it . :(
    ktulu tried it aswell and didnt work for hime either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

4.2 gig is ****ing joke, on top of the 6gig the other day... wtf are they doing ?!?!?

Chorcai wrote: »
    4.2 gig is ****ing joke, on top of the 6gig the other day... wtf are they doing ?!?!?
    I think they have a deal with all the Irish ISPs for 30% commission on anyone that goes over their monthly limit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Been playing battlefield 3 since release I love the game how ever it's nearly 2 years on and to be honest I've killed it, like those albums you listen to over and over.. Please don't get me wrong battlefield is a great game and set some amazing bench marks for future fps gaming online and off line but I'm sorry to say I can't see it being my go to game any more....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭omerin

Not impressed by the 2 new game types. Maps aren't too bad but nothing special so far

Advertisement