Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

regarding the updates, i was looking around and there seems to be varying thoughts on them, some people say they have deleted multiplayer updates 1-3 and the game works fine, other are saying that you cant play online if you do this, has anyone here dared to try it yet or PC, xbox or ps3?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

laggy online with the new patch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

dreamers75 wrote: »
    laggy online with the new patch

played for a few hours last night (including getting 3 jet kills!!!!) and only noticed one issue of lag, few people on the server mentioned it at the time but that was all

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

AS = most stupid game mode I can remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Air Superiority...well... it has ruined jets for me.

I used to enjoy using the joystick and flying around feeling like I was immersed in the game...by using a joystick etc..

But it turns out Mouse and Keyboard are completely OP compared to a joystick.
    So I tried using M/K , found it hard, until someone told me...you just bind "invert" to spacebar..

The whole dynamic of joystick and feeling of flying went out the window as it was completely simplified.

So in order to compete with the average pilots on the other team, I have to resort to their controls, but only because there are so many of them.
    I general gameplay I'll go back to my joystick as I can hold my own against 1-2 pilots, but not 15.

I think I'm done with Air Superiority already

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Nah dude, joystick is still far superior. Lads that use joysticks can still out turn most M/K guys.

I haven't played an Air Superiority server that allows heat seekers & I don't think I will bother. Found a few they are banned in & its great craic. It's absolute chaos at some times, as the 24 jets can be attacking one point at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

That's if you're in a straight dogfight maybe, but the fact I can hold down space bar and it inverts is mad, also aiming with the mouse is MUCH easier than the joystick. Anyways, I'll try the other modes later tonight :D ...what's the server everyone will be on ?

I was just joining random servers. Hopefully a few of us will be on to fill up Craggy later. I must try this invert thing for spacebar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Nah dude, joystick is still far superior. Lads that use joysticks can still out turn most M/K guys.
    Where did you hear that? Every one of the top 10 ranked jet pilots use mouse/keyboard except one as far as I know. You can't really get more accurate than a mouse with high DPI and customisable sensitivity to whatever suits you :)

Oh I just presumed they were ever since it came out & guys with them were cleaning up

• Advertisement

Epicentre Rush.

I love it but hard to get many servers with it on. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

F*ck Air now since End Game Patch , Nothing works on Defence , ECM , flares nothing , not to mention stinger w**kers everywhere #rant

Soby wrote: »
    F*ck Air now since End Game Patch , Nothing works on Defence , ECM , flares nothing , not to mention stinger w**kers everywhere #rant

i hate when jet air complain about iglas/stingers.

I dunno how often i've seen jets and helis destroy ground troops at a base, launching an attack or defending.

Ground have no real way of protecting themselves. Guns? not unless you are REALLY lucky or awesome with a sniper rifle, RPG? taking down jets or helis is nearly impossible from distance as shown on top play videos, if it wasn't as rare it wouldn't make the top 10s

so that leaves the stingers/igla

now first you never get a large number on the servers as most will use RPG for infantry/tanks

so thats only a handful that are left.

The time it takes for a lock and clear sight is often quite large and you are a sitting duck the whole time. With effective spotting and shooting from pilot and gunner with the ground troops this should cause no issue.

With jets the lock is usually harder to get and aiming at them again means long periods of time stationary.

The loud BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP is a clear giveaway to nearby enemies as is the huge puff of smoke from the missile itself.

I dunno how many times i've been 0-4 against a pilot on a 20 kill streak and despite my best efforts i can't get anything more than a disable before getting wiped out again.

Don't want to igla'd? go to a server that says they are banned and enjoy your kill streaks and be all l33t

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭raze

Not too sure where you're coming from, I thought End Game had buffed jets - main cannon feels about 50% more powerful. And choppers don't seem any different since the patch that removed gunner flares.

You can't guarantee on taking down a jet without bullets. Flares defend against all missiles - if you delay deploying them they will take multiple heat seekers with them. Jets take down jets and the best weapon for it is the main cannon as it always was. Stingers just move jets 500 m away but they're back in 30 seconds safe as ever.

ECM on choppers works just fine, it buys you the time to retreat. It works better if it's trailing behind you where the threat is coming from - so finally choppers need to think about retreating instead of just crushing all opposition from the ground, or every chopper battle being the same staring competition.

Gunners have lost their flares, which is a good thing - and gunners used to have an easy ride: spam bullets and they only had to protect the vehicle if things got bad. Now gunners actually have to spot, and pay actual attention to prioritising threats, using thermal vision to find the stingers - and hope the pilot gives them their shot.

The timing on ECM just takes a little getting used to, but it works consistently - deploy as missiles are in the air and fly low to the ground, missiles hit environment, problem solved.

The lifespan of choppers is reduced, it's much more likely they will crash, or get disabled - but they're still effective just not godlike.

Personally I'd reduce the stinger lock on range - it seems like it's about a half mile to get away from the beeps in a jet, I'd drop it down to a circle with 150 m radius - or even just apply Under the Radar to stingers at a distance of 150 m. Stingers could still push choppers off into the far distance at that, and if chopper bullets did less damage over distance that'd be a fair stand off.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Soby has a point though I don't agree with the latter bit as I'll whip out the Stinger more often these days, especially when it comes to the End Game maps. I'm finding flares and ECM very inconsistent since the patch as well to be honest and I'm quite an experienced pilot (not the best, but I'd say above average at least). Perhaps it's just a PS3/console thing where it's bugged, I don't know. But they legit don't work 30-40% of the time it seems. I know there a few other boardsies I play with here who will say similar.

Speaking as a jet whore bag, I hate anyone that aims anything at me from the ground. All ground targets are just peasants for me to shoot at in my air chariot! :P

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Speaking as a jet whore bag, I hate anyone that aims anything at me from the ground. All ground targets are just peasants for me to shoot at in my air chariot! :P

At least you're honest! A bollix but an honest bollix

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

danniemcq wrote: »

At least you're honest! A bollix but an honest bollix

He is that . I think he was my nemisisa few nights ago

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

You cant go into a game of AS thinking your not gonna get die, cause you are.I found ECM to be the best.If you deploy it just before the missile is about to hit and do a loop back into the cloud, you will get away with it some of the time.

As for using stingers in end game you deserve a slap in the face,there plenty of anti air vehicles and with a bit of team work choppers havent a chance.Stingers are just a lazy ass way of dealing with the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Stingers are just a lazy ass way of dealing with the problem.

lol have used stinger/support/recon soflam combo and on comms and kept the skies clear.

Spent entire rounds doing that, i would be support and end out 0-0 but we would dominate the map.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

For those of you who hate people stealing your choppers... che check this sweet video out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭Hareton

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Soby has a point though I don't agree with the latter bit as I'll whip out the Stinger more often these days, especially when it comes to the End Game maps. I'm finding flares and ECM very inconsistent since the patch as well to be honest and I'm quite an experienced pilot (not the best, but I'd say above average at least). Perhaps it's just a PS3/console thing where it's bugged, I don't know. But they legit don't work 30-40% of the time it seems. I know there a few other boardsies I play with here who will say similar.

+1

Flares and ECM very hit and miss since end game

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

danniemcq wrote: »
    i hate when jet air complain about iglas/stingers.

I dunno how often i've seen jets and helis destroy ground troops at a base, launching an attack or defending.

Ground have no real way of protecting themselves. Guns? not unless you are REALLY lucky or awesome with a sniper rifle, RPG? taking down jets or helis is nearly impossible from distance as shown on top play videos, if it wasn't as rare it wouldn't make the top 10s

so that leaves the stingers/igla

now first you never get a large number on the servers as most will use RPG for infantry/tanks

so thats only a handful that are left.

The time it takes for a lock and clear sight is often quite large and you are a sitting duck the whole time. With effective spotting and shooting from pilot and gunner with the ground troops this should cause no issue.

With jets the lock is usually harder to get and aiming at them again means long periods of time stationary.

The loud BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP is a clear giveaway to nearby enemies as is the huge puff of smoke from the missile itself.

I dunno how many times i've been 0-4 against a pilot on a 20 kill streak and despite my best efforts i can't get anything more than a disable before getting wiped out again.

Don't want to igla'd? go to a server that says they are banned and enjoy your kill streaks and be all l33t

Obviously im not moaning if I have been legitimately killed by something

Since End game I've been by a missle without any " BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" on more than one occasion or ill flare right after the chopper in front of me fires "1 rocket" yet it still hits me . And this new AA jeep can lock on from nearly the full length of the map it seems at times .

Far enough i dont think i can actually recall a issue with a Igla/stinger so ill retract that , There defiantly is something glitched

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

Obviously im not moaning if I have been legitimately killed by something

Since End game I've been by a missle without any " BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP" on more than one occasion or ill flare right after the chopper in front of me fires "1 rocket" yet it still hits me . And this new AA jeep can lock on from nearly the full length of the map it seems at times .

Far enough i dont think i can actually recall a issue with a Igla/stinger so ill retract that , There defiantly is something glitched

That new jeep is just lolz, so far it might take 3 or 4 shots from a tank to blow up or it might take one, but should the enemy throw a nade at you, you'll die, this never works for you though... this jeep can also lay waste to tanks, 2 to 3 of the missiles on a tank (with out reactive armor) dead. Oh and yes other side of map lock on.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Chorcai wrote: »

That new jeep is just lolz, so far it might take 3 or 4 shots from a tank to blow up or it might take one, but should the enemy throw a nade at you, you'll die, this never works for you though... this jeep can also lay waste to tanks, 2 to 3 of the missiles on a tank (with out reactive armor) dead. Oh and yes other side of map lock on.

Love that jeep :-)

Is the 500 points bonus for blowing up a MCOMM gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

lolz
    unashamedly stolen from YLYL

0DnSCxs.png

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Got the 1911 S-tac. Got a couple of headshots in the round that I finished off the destroy 20 vehicles assignments. 1.5 rounds of scavanger later, I got the precious.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Bit late to the premium party so I'm still unlocking old assignments.
    Going at Jack of all trades. You know you have to get the general assignments on each of the 4 classes. Which is not generally tricky but it takes a little time as you have to do all 4.

Then you get to jack of all trades. 30 kills with assault rifles, carbines, LMGs and sniper rifles and 15 with a side-arm.

That's a stupid assignment for a good tag.

• Advertisement

Bit late to the premium party so I'm still unlocking old assignments.
    Going at Jack of all trades. You know you have to get the general assignments on each of the 4 classes. Which is not generally tricky but it takes a little time as you have to do all 4.

Then you get to jack of all trades. 30 kills with assault rifles, carbines, LMGs and sniper rifles and 15 with a side-arm.

That's a stupid assignment for a good tag.

Assignments are stupid enough really, they do no harm and sometimes I will try and get them (that is why the PP19 is my #1 gun with 619 kills!).

I wish they were actually better, for example a dog tag for someone who have over 500 kills with 10 guns and so. A dog tag for someone who has an even distribution of time on classes, etc.

If certain ones were rarely people would maybe move away from spamming assault and the M16 etc and have to vary their playstyle - heaven forbide!

Advertisement