Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

The freezing on Xbox 360 has actually become a joke. Genuinely can't play a big ticket server game of anything without freezing. Playing Metro earlier in a clan's server and we were wiping the floor with them.

4 of the 6 people in the party froze, me included, and when we get back the other team have capped all the points. We were lucky enough to get back onto the same team this time but that is rarely the case. 3 times today it has frozen. Twice on Metro, once on Damavand Peak.

It is becoming unplayable at this point. I've cleared the cache, and I'm in the process of re-downloading everything to do with BF3 again but I doubt this will help. Must be something on Dice's end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

The freezing on Xbox 360 has actually become a joke. Genuinely can't play a big ticket server game of anything without freezing. Playing Metro earlier in a clan's server and we were wiping the floor with them.

4 of the 6 people in the party froze, me included, and when we get back the other team have capped all the points. We were lucky enough to get back onto the same team this time but that is rarely the case. 3 times today it has frozen. Twice on Metro, once on Damavand Peak.

It is becoming unplayable at this point. I've cleared the cache, and I'm in the process of re-downloading everything to do with BF3 again but I doubt this will help. Must be something on Dice's end.

Anything over 200% on Metro and it will freeze (always happens.).No point clearing your cache and redownloading because you simply cant play metro on anything over 200%.Around an hour and ten mins and it will cut out.Its being like that from the beginning, when they introduced renting a server.

I can never understand why people play over 200%.By the time the big ticket game is over , you would be half way through another game had it been on 200% and earning more xp.
    Saying its unplayable is a bit far, you just need to stop joining ridiculous high ticket servers.

Anything over 200% on Metro and it will freeze (always happens.).No point clearing your cache and redownloading because you simply cant play metro on anything over 200%.Around an hour and ten mins and it will cut out.Its being like that from the beginning, when they introduced renting a server.

I can never understand why people play over 200%.By the time the big ticket game is over , you would be half way through another game had it been on 200% and earning more xp.
    Saying its unplayable is a bit far, you just need to stop joining ridiculous high ticket servers.

I literally never had this issue until the last two months. I owned my own server and had it set it to 300% and never had an issue. I could play on other servers without a problem. It is unbelievably prevalent for me now. I usually play with 5 minimum people in a party and we never experienced this level of freezing. Disconnects? Sure. But not console freezes. Maybe we were lucky.

I played 5 games this evening and it froze 3 times. That is almost unplayable. The guys in my party were similar. You are probably right in that we shouldn't play large ticket games anymore but those are the kind that we enjoy. It's pretty **** that you can't play use the game how you want to and that you would have to cater for bugs like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Pretty certain everyone who froze out in our party last night was on UPC.

I'm on Eircom and played that entire game of Metro with no issues.

A couple of lads live in the sticks and have various different providers, though, and it happens to them too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,995 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I live in the sticks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

My PS3 froze twice last night (UPC).... so you are not alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Luckily i havent experienced constant freezing, but the party chat for the xbox was a joke a few weeks back.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I really like CQA and wished it was on the vanilla maps. But at the same time, I wished they weren't included in the DICE B2K server playlist as it just doesn't work on consoles on the maps they have chosen (ie: everything but Gulf of Oman). Somewhat sours the experience of playing B2K nowadays.

Also, wished my jet and chopper set ups stopped resetting to default at random.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Flares really do have a mind of their own since End Game. Was playing a game of AS and my flares couldnt stop any missiles :rolleyes:

The ECM Jammer is messed up too. many times I have been aiming at a helucopter with a Stinger and the pilot hits the ECM. But less that 2 seconds later I can lock on to him .... but then other times, i can be waiting for 10 seconds .. in which he presses the ecm jammer again

it's so weird.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

Flares really do have a mind of their own since End Game. Was playing a game of AS and my flares couldnt stop any missiles :rolleyes:

The ECM Jammer is messed up too. many times I have been aiming at a helucopter with a Stinger and the pilot hits the ECM. But less that 2 seconds later I can lock on to him .... but then other times, i can be waiting for 10 seconds .. in which he presses the ecm jammer again

it's so weird.

In AS most jets are hunting in packs so first guy locks and fires - flares go and then i lock and fire and get the kill !!
    Extingusher is much better option i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Can't believe I spelt Helicopter, "helucopter" :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Can't believe I spelt Helicopter, "helucopter" :pac:

sounds so posh!

Joined Oper Metro and was on attack on a 200% Rush server. We were getting nowhere so I checked my other squad mates:

- 1 support
    - 1 assault
    - 9 recon

Yes, 9 recon.

WTF is the point of that.

I went onto team speak and abused them and by the end we had "Only" 6 recon and what did I do, yes, go to recon and snipe cos what else was the point

- should all be banned taking up a valuable slot in the team

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Sneaky jets who wait for people to start taking off and then they start firing at you.....I hate the Stinger but I will equip it and fire those jets down with great pleasure :D

They really need to fix the spawn on Noshar Canals too, guarantee every time I hop into one, people are either spawning killing the Americans or you are spawn trapped...Helicopters cant take off, and the Russian side have their tanks firing into the carrier destroying any vehicles.

Also the strange rules, one guy writes no stingers/IGLAs, no soflams, no jet vs heli.....:confused: All he wants to do is chopper whore

Hacked server on the xbox are popping up more....unless I missed something..All the classes have set weapons that you can't change.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Hacked server on the xbox are popping up more....unless I missed something..All the classes have set weapons that you can't change.

This has happened to me too.
    Can't change the weapons and it resets your stored classes.
    Grrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Why the hell do they keep releasing these massive updates for it? I went to play last month and had a 2 1/2 hour wait to download an update before I could play. I decide to play a game today and there's another 1.92gb update to be done before I can even get in to a game :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This game is pissing me off no end this weekend. People just won't die. Emptying clips into them and they're just turning around and killing me with 50% health left. It's ridiculous at this stage, every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

cambo2008 wrote: »
    This game is pissing me off no end this weekend. People just won't die. Emptying clips into them and they're just turning around and killing me with 50% health left. It's ridiculous at this stage, every game.

I had the reverse last night - couple of times lads had me yet i turn and killed them with couple of hip shots from a pp19 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Ive had a good few of those.
    Headshots will help.
    I've changed to play support more with a good light machine gun - im mowing down enemy in the close quarter maps like Metro now :D

• Advertisement

You're on PS3 aren't you Cambo? Do you play with a squad/clan?

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    You're on PS3 aren't you Cambo? Do you play with a squad/clan?
    Yea man, PS3.
    Usually play with a few mates in a squad but they were out drinking all weekend so I had to lone wolf it.

Had a nightmare of a time last night in particular, I didn't seem to be doing any damage at all.
    I kept quitting games and then getting thrown into a game with no spaces on the other squads or being pinned into our own base. It was the most frustrating time I've ever had with the game. :mad:

Yea man, PS3.
    Usually play with a few mates in a squad but they were out drinking all weekend so I had to lone wolf it.

Had a nightmare of a time last night in particular, I didn't seem to be doing any damage at all.
    I kept quitting games and then getting thrown into a game with no spaces on the other squads or being pinned into our own base. It was the most frustrating time I've ever had with the game. :mad:

Sure, add me (PSN: Ade_LFC_Alves) and next time you're by your lonesome, by all means join us for a few. Few of the SF lads I roll with usually.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Sure, add me (PSN: Ade_LFC_Alves) and next time you're by your lonesome, by all means join us for a few. Few of the SF lads I roll with usually.
    Will do man, cheers. Just picked up Bioshock Infinite today so I'll probably not be on Battlefield much over the next while anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭.skid

I still get most pissed off at how being supressed while using a bi-pod makes the bi-pod stop working. And how bolt action snipers aren't a one shot kill on hardcore!

Being banned from a server because I am an English speaking European - that is what the Admin said.

On the banner it said "non-europeans" kicked but I happened to kick ass while they were teamstacking and then booted me and finally banned me for being an english speaking european - what next?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

stuck in a squad with only 3 players including myself..

The other 2 are just boosting... c4 suicide, revive, c4 suicide, revive etc etc... very frustrating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Maps are just plain boring now.

Game has lost something

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

C4 + Bike there's your something! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

ktulu123 wrote: »
    C4 + Bike there's your something! :)

If you really want to add a bit of danger, C4 + Amtrac. That's taking jihading to a new level. Just imagine the embarrassment of being killed by a jihad Amtrac.

Advertisement