Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

aaronh007 wrote: »
    If you really want to add a bit of danger, C4 + Amtrac. That's taking jihading to a new level. Just imagine the embarrassment of being killed by a jihad Amtrac.
    Jihad skid loader FTW. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Plaguemarine is my only skid loader victim ran over him and have never driven one since out of respect :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Plaguemarine is my only skid loader victim ran over him and have never driven one since out of respect :D

I got his tags the other night, only took him shooting me in the face a few dozen times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

dreamers75 wrote: »

sir i want to give you a medal :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

aaronh007 wrote: »
    If you really want to add a bit of danger, C4 + Amtrac. That's taking jihading to a new level. Just imagine the embarrassment of being killed by a jihad Amtrac.

Speaking of embarressment, I managed to take down a Viper with a repair tool the other day. It wasn't on the ground being repaired itself even! It was pure funny!

I was in the middle of a field on that operation riverside map after the heli had blown up my bike. I had stingers and was trying to take him out but he was really laying into me with rockets and popping the ECM jammer. After trying a few low strafes to road kill me (unsuccesfully) he managed to crash his heli a bit hard into the ground and disabled himself. As he was trying to take off to get away from me, I ran after with a repair tool and managed to get enough damage in there to blow him up. lol :D

• Advertisement

cambo2008 wrote: »
    This game is pissing me off no end this weekend. People just won't die. Emptying clips into them and they're just turning around and killing me with 50% health left. It's ridiculous at this stage, every game.
    osheen wrote: »
    I had the reverse last night - couple of times lads had me yet i turn and killed them with couple of hip shots from a pp19 ???

I actually think the game pre-decides who lives and who dies - like it has a personality or something. Some days it will be completley against you and some days it works in your favor.

That. or it's just lag.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I actually think the game pre-decides who lives and who dies - like it has a personality or something. Some days it will be completley against you and some days it works in your favor.

That. or it's just lag.

Pre-destination?
    The game hit rate is based on secret Calvinist doctrines. I thought everyone knew this.

I wish people would learn the difference between what snipers should do and what they actually do.

The radio beacon is one of the most powerful tools you can have when you're under fire in conquest for example. If you can break out and get somewhere to spawn outside of the base then that's great.

Don't give up when your team has 300 tickets left and find a fcuking high building / crane / whatever to snipe from.

Getting to the wire on conquest last night, holding 2 of 5 bases but we are just 20 tickets up at roughly 80/60.

Spawn beacon is on C and we're losing C on operation riverside. Instead of trying to hold C so we can use the dropship to get back D or E the bunch of tools are up on some crane or whatever sniping... We're head right now but we need to get another base not lose one!

We're going to fooking lose this high ticket game by 20 tickets now and you're playing like a bunch of tossers!

3tzmv3_zps4e403dda.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

So, installed Battlefield 3 a new PC, which took some time. Now it wants to install a 9GB update. That'll take a few days, so I'm ignoring it for now. Is this the norm, and do you only have to play it through their online thing, Origin? Can you tell how little I actually play games..? I'm trying to download the web plugin, but it won't play ball.

• Advertisement

So, installed Battlefield 3 a new PC, which took some time. Now it wants to install a 9GB update. That'll take a few days, so I'm ignoring it for now. Is this the norm, and do you only have to play it through their online thing, Origin? Can you tell how little I actually play games..? I'm trying to download the web plugin, but it won't play ball.

There were a lot of DLC packs and mega patches associated with them. That's all finished now as DICE focus on BF4. Yes you need to use EA's ****ty Origin service.

What web browser are you using?

You have to install the update before you can play...you can however play the vanilla game without installing the DLCs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,392 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Internet situation improved. Firefox was being grumpy. I haven't downloaded the large update. Would the progress of the update likely be disrupted if the PC went into sleep mode?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Internet situation improved. Firefox was being grumpy. I haven't downloaded the large update. Would the progress of the update likely be disrupted if the PC went into sleep mode?

Do you know anyone living nearby that has the game?

you could just copy all their data (29gb) and put it on your PC

• Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Has anybody tried joining a server only for an error to appear saying that players from Ireland are not allowed? :confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Has anybody tried joining a server only for an error to appear saying that players from Ireland are not allowed? :confused::confused::confused:
    Some servers have a script that looks at your IP address and if you are not from certain countries it will automatically kick you. There are differnet reasons for this, maybe they dont want people with high ping joining or maybe they use a country blocker to prevent people from countries with bad reputations for cheating. It sounds like they have gone a bit overboard here and blocked every country but their own or their server script is not configured correctly. No biggee, just find a different server

• Registered Users Posts: 47 DeSmasher

Actually this game sucks ass big time gimme COD any day of the week

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭moonboy52

DeSmasher wrote: »
    Actually this game sucks ass big time gimme COD any day of the week

Like a red rag to a bull in this forum :P.

Have fun man!

moonboy52 wrote: »
    Like a red rag to a bull in this forum :P.

Have fun man!

Seriously not joking battlefield is like a dumbed down COD from 3 years ago, just cause you can blow up walls and drive tanks does'nt mean jack, in terms of FPS COD is miles ahead, a high skilled game for serious players, battlefield is for people with no reflexs and low intelligence

Seriously not joking battlefield is like a dumbed down COD from 3 years ago, just cause you can blow up walls and drive tanks does'nt mean jack, in terms of FPS COD is miles ahead, a high skilled game for serious players, battlefield is for people with no reflexs and low intelligence

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

tumblr_m7idnkI9q31ryj6qoo1_500.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

DeSmasher do not post in this thread again. No COD/BF Flame wars please

ktulu123 wrote: »
    DeSmasher do not post in this thread again. No COD/BF Flame wars please

just having a laugh, it's a great game, u underestimate peoples perception

Ciano35 wrote: »
    tumblr_m7idnkI9q31ryj6qoo1_500.gif
    Hahahah epic! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

just having a laugh, it's a great game, u underestimate peoples perception

CMOD: DeSmasher, 1 week ban from BF forum for refusing to adhere to mod instructions. Also 1 week ban from COD forum for cross-trolling both comminities.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

LOL just LOL

So you're server doesn't allow swearing but you can be a homophobic douchebag all you want? okay...

Right, game admins are really starting to get on my tits now.

I reckon I get kicked/banned at least once in every 4 or 5 games. The reason; for simply being good. Example is on operation metro: i've been banned from a couple servers now for getting around them when they're base-raping us and setting up a spawn becon on the far side. WTF?! Kicked/banned most times I use a helicopter aswell.

And then there's all the feckin rules on servers

" - No Rulez - (except don't use stinger/igla. no m320. no rockets on people. no AEK, no SHOTGUNS!, and no semi snipers)... ENJOY! :D "

How the hell are you supposed to keep track on all the different servers!?! But then I actually do obey the rules of the server as I'm sick of getting kicked; only to see pretty much everyone else using AEK, Semi snipers, shotguns, etc...

There was one server on Kharg I was on which had the rules along the lines of:

"NO STINGER, NO IGLA, NO AA, NO SOFLAM ON HELI, NO JAVELIN ON HELI, NO JET VS HELI - or else immediate BAN"

So of course I though, "lol, i'll get in the helicopter so!" - I spawn in the heli and start flying away from the carrier only to get a "killed by admin" mid flight. So I thought "screw it", I switched teams and got in the tank. He was capturing a flag, I shoot him down with a normal tank round full of smugness. "BANNED BY ADMINISTRATOR" - totally worth it. :P

but seriously, all these poxy ass rules on servers are such bullcrap. I wish admins would learn how to play the game properly instead of just learning how to use their daddys credit cards.

Right, game admins are really starting to get on my tits now.

I reckon I get kicked/banned at least once in every 4 or 5 games. The reason; for simply being good. Example is on operation metro: i've been banned from a couple servers now for getting around them when they're base-raping us and setting up a spawn becon on the far side. WTF?! Kicked/banned most times I use a helicopter aswell.

And then there's all the feckin rules on servers

" - No Rulez - (except don't use stinger/igla. no m320. no rockets on people. no AEK, no SHOTGUNS!, and no semi snipers)... ENJOY! :D "

How the hell are you supposed to keep track on all the different servers!?! But then I actually do obey the rules of the server as I'm sick of getting kicked; only to see pretty much everyone else using AEK, Semi snipers, shotguns, etc...

There was one server on Kharg I was on which had the rules along the lines of:

"NO STINGER, NO IGLA, NO AA, NO SOFLAM ON HELI, NO JAVELIN ON HELI, NO JET VS HELI - or else immediate BAN"

So of course I though, "lol, i'll get in the helicopter so!" - I spawn in the heli and start flying away from the carrier only to get a "killed by admin" mid flight. So I thought "screw it", I switched teams and got in the tank. He was capturing a flag, I shoot him down with a normal tank round full of smugness. "BANNED BY ADMINISTRATOR" - totally worth it. :P

but seriously, all these poxy ass rules on servers are such bullcrap. I wish admins would learn how to play the game properly instead of just learning how to use their daddys credit cards.

I use the IGLA to lock onto helicopters when I'm bored on servers that ban them.

I don't fire necessarily. Just lock onto them.

It's sad the amount of people ranking at 100 who get pissy about somebody trying to actually play the game and defend against a helicopter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I am rank 82 and amazingly I only have around 400 kills with the uber OP gun M16.

Used it last night, what a farce, the gun is so OP it is almost laughable.

- I know this is old news, but...

Advertisement