Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Is it really a fiver for second hand in Gamestop?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Camrat

Is it really a fiver for second hand in Gamestop?

Yes, only €5 but you have to give them your scratched disc. Then they will fix it (skim it)and resell it.

Remember to insure it for €3.;)

FYI not any second hand game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Grrrrr

After playing the bf4 alpha i cant play bf3 as its to fast for me compared to bf4 :eek: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

game4it70 wrote: »
    Grrrrr

After playing the bf4 alpha i cant play bf3 as its to fast for me compared to bf4 :eek: :(

really ?? is bf4 very slowed down / less frantic ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

really ?? is bf4 very slowed down / less frantic ?
    It doesn't seem slow or less frantic when playing to be fair.
    Feels more like bf2 to me :)

I haven't playing with the options much so may just be that the mouse speed isn't as high.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Would love if it was a slower pace than BF3, would mean it wont take a couple hours to get used to it after playing Arma for so long

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Would love if it was a slower pace than BF3, would mean it wont take a couple hours to get used to it after playing Arma for so long

Its much slower mainly in target acquisition. Takes a few hits to put someone down too.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Bangs head against wall repeatedly.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/4/97744535/179113116/

Was playing solo which is my first mistake I know, I know! We were US, so were spawning on the carrier. That Blanquito kid spent the entire game trying to spawn camp them with his bolt action sniper where the big rock is beside their AA gun >_<

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Bangs head against wall repeatedly.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/4/97744535/179113116/

Was playing solo which is my first mistake I know, I know! We were US, so were spawning on the carrier. That Blanquito kid spent the entire game trying to spawn camp them with his bolt action sniper where the big rock is beside their AA gun >_<

His objective score was still higher than the top player...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

His objective score was still higher than the top player...

And that tells the whole story does it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    And that tells the whole story does it?

He died for his sins

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Randy Shafter

Just got back into BF3 recently and one thing I've noticed is how some of these rented servers have the most retarded 'rules' along with some power tripping admin screwing about with teams. The guns and equipment are in the game to be used.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Just got back into BF3 recently and one thing I've noticed is how some of these rented servers have the most retarded 'rules' along with some power tripping admin screwing about with teams. The guns and equipment are in the game to be used.

I just jump in and ignore the rules. If they're gonna base rape with choppers I'm going to use my IGLA.

Idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

^^^^^^^^^^
    I used to avoid servers like this,but now i just join in,and first thing i do is pull out the stinger/igla,and wait for the kick.......fuck 'em.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Sometimes I just lock onto them for ages and ages and ages and never fire. Just to fcuk with their heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Jumped into a Close Quarters game on Donya with 2 other lads from Boards. The usual rules on screen, no C4 on flag, no M5K, no MP7, no M16, no shotguns etc etc Start of the game I'm running around with a PP-2000 just to rank it up, ditto the PP-19. Then after getting killed by the admin a few times with his M5K, I decide to go with a DAO. Kill him once and I'm kicked and banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,811 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Starte dplaying this yesterday on PS3. Class game! Nearly every server I went into doesn't allow shotguns which I thought was weird. Then I got killed so many times by a guy running round with an auto shotgun. Still, equipment is there to be used. I joined a game, running with a squad in metro and got kicked for absolutely nothing. I watched all 3 seasons of battlefield friends yesterday and thought the admin and rules jokes were exagerrated but are spot on!

Other than that, my moan is I completely suck!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Starte dplaying this yesterday on PS3. Class game! Nearly every server I went into doesn't allow shotguns which I thought was weird. Then I got killed so many times by a guy running round with an auto shotgun. Still, equipment is there to be used. I joined a game, running with a squad in metro and got kicked for absolutely nothing. I watched all 3 seasons of battlefield friends yesterday and thought the admin and rules jokes were exagerrated but are spot on!

Other than that, my moan is I completely suck!

Stick to official Dice/EA servers. From my experience, most EA servers are full of people that recently picked the game up and max rank I've come across in recent weeks is approx. 35.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Stick to official Dice/EA servers. From my experience, most EA servers are full of people that recently picked the game up and max rank I've come across in recent weeks is approx. 35.

Cool, didn't know I could filter the servers like that. Coming across a lot of Colonel 100's that are just too good.

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Cool, didn't know I could filter the servers like that. Coming across a lot of Colonel 100's that are just too good.

Just be wary of the server owner name. A lot of folks add the (DICE) prefix to get traffic and are still kick happy. That info is shown in the screen just before you join the server/game.

• Advertisement

I really hope that in BF4 they get rid of the rented servers. Or at least do something about power tripping admins and their stupid rules. Was playing last night on Caspian border in CQ and both teams were tearing the flag spots apart with planes, heli's. Got sick of being killed so I started using Javelin/Igla/Stinger to get rid of some of the pressure. After taking down 3 or 4 planes and helis the admin (French) sends me a message simply saying "No Stinger. Kept it up though. Fcuk him!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Battlefield is all about rented servers , it has been since day one and why some people think that after paying for a server out of their own pocket they shouldn't be allowed to run it as they see fit is beyond me . No knives, no rpg , no stinger, no tanks , no shooting , no players , what difference does it make to the people giving out ... find another server or better still rent your own and put on whatever rules you want .
    I am playing BF since the 1942 ( the game , although it feels like the year ) and I prefer to play vanilla , the bog standard , whatever the devs put in and that way I get the same general game whatever server I go on because I choose the server and I have never had a problem finding a server playing the standard game type . Also when you come off a server where you really enjoyed the game .. add it to favorites , how hard can that be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

The rented server issue is way more of a problem on the console versions of the game, on PC people just wont visit you're server if your a badmin as the selection is greater.

jonski wrote: »
    Battlefield is all about rented servers , it has been since day one and why some people think that after paying for a server out of their own pocket they shouldn't be allowed to run it as they see fit is beyond me . No knives, no rpg , no stinger, no tanks , no shooting , no players , what difference does it make to the people giving out ... find another server or better still rent your own and put on whatever rules you want .
    I am playing BF since the 1942 ( the game , although it feels like the year ) and I prefer to play vanilla , the bog standard , whatever the devs put in and that way I get the same general game whatever server I go on because I choose the server and I have never had a problem finding a server playing the standard game type . Also when you come off a server where you really enjoyed the game .. add it to favorites , how hard can that be ?

But the they simply rent the server AFAIK and EA/DICE have T&C's attached to the server rental service. But the so-called 'rules' these admins are coming up with are just silly. Why should players proficient in the use of certain weapons, equipment and vehicles that are in the game to be used be punished by those who may not be so good at using them therefore giving the admin(s) the upper hand? Also it's not just the rules. I've seen admins switch good players from one team to theirs. That isn't on.

Probably posted a hundred times but this might sum it up :pac:

That isn't on.

Sure it is , they paid for it , you didn't .

jonski wrote: »
    Sure it is , they paid for it , you didn't .

No it's not. How is it fair to players when the admin starts taking players off your team to his/hers just because those players are being successful in playing the objective? Or what about admins who switch from one team to another depending on which team is winning? And just because they paid for it doesn't give them the right to mess up the game for others.

And just because they paid for it doesn't give them the right to mess up the game for others.

Of course it does , THEY PAID FOR IT , unless it is against the Terms and conditions and even then , what are you going to do , you know you will never win arguing with a 14 year old admin so why waste time .

Find servers you like , add them to favorites , I usually have around 15 , and just play on them . That way you get to play the game the way you like it and you get to know the people that usually play on those servers , maybe make a few new friends along the way .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

No it's not. How is it fair to players when the admin starts taking players off your team to his/hers just because those players are being successful in playing the objective? Or what about admins who switch from one team to another depending on which team is winning? And just because they paid for it doesn't give them the right to mess up the game for others.

Yes ! because they paid for the opportunity to run the server they do have the right.

Whether or not that is in the spirit of the game of benefits the community is irrelevant. EA need to keep enough dedicated servers so people can play with non retarded rules is the greater issue.

• Advertisement

Regardless of whether they think they have the right or not, I still think some of the rules are screwed up. I don't think there are dedicated servers on consoles though. Are there? I know there are a few EA/DICE official servers but I don't see to many of them tbh.

Advertisement