Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

IvySlayer wrote: »
    I hate the way tanks can repair itself eventually, I think that should be removed, that's what engineers are for.

Are RPGs more powerful than SMAWs btw? I aim better with RPGs.

And why does the Russian attack chopper suck compared to the American one :P

Play hardcore only for that reason, stupid that they can self repair.

On hardcore one rocket will pretty much stop a tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

dreamers75 wrote: »
    On hardcore one rocket will pretty much stop a tank.

...which is also completely stupid.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I hope BF4 doesn't freeze my PS4 as much as BF3 did to my PS3. This is my biggest irk actually about my BF3 experience. EA games in general seems to have it for me in generally... probably because I tend to abuse EA quite a bit. EA karma FTL :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Mad_Dave

Can't believe how overpowered Defib is, sick to death of seeing bunnyhopping medics undoing all my good work! Not suprised it's being changed for the new game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Mad_Dave wrote: »
    Can't believe how overpowered Defib is, sick to death of seeing bunnyhopping medics undoing all my good work! Not suprised it's being changed for the new game.
    I think it great.

Snipe 1 kill.

Medic comes out to revive.

Snipe Snipe 2 more kills.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

Damn those dirty filthy medics doing there job and helping the team out :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

1231440_633559570011228_277927250_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

Tanks & APC's running Reactive Armour will soak up RPG's too, I love it :D
    It covers the front and sides so aim high for the turret instead.

And since I'm here, I have decided I hate the PP-2000 and it might just be the worst gun in the game.

The PP 2000 is far from the worst gun in the game, it's not even the worst PDW (I'm looking at you PP 19).

The reason most people don't like the PP2000 is that it has a much slower rate of fire than all other PDW's with the exception of the UMP (which does more damage up to 30m, but at a cost of increased recoil).

If you're trying to run the PP2000 on a close quarters map you'll be outgunned by all the assault rifles and other PDWs. I've recently started using it on the likes of Bazaar and Seine Crossing, where you have a mix of short and medium range engagements. The recoil is manageable out to about 50m and if you stick a laser sight on there you can be successful up close against pretty much all enemies. It's got a tight spread as well so you don't get punished much for firing on the move.

It's not really a gun you want to use a suppressor on either, your damage drop off changes from 12m to 6m and the muzzle velocity drops by bout 25% meaning shooting moving targets will be extremely difficult.

I'd suggest if you not having much success with a gun to delve into the inner workings of it and see if you can use attachments to make it more useable or if you should be using it in a different setting. There are very few guns which are excellent in all situations like the M16A3.

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    I hope BF4 doesn't freeze my PS4 as much as BF3 did to my PS3. This is my biggest irk actually about my BF3 experience. EA games in general seems to have it for me in generally... probably because I tend to abuse EA quite a bit. EA karma FTL :pac:

I've had it a ridiculous amount as well, at least every 2nd session.

I've found it's most common going between the kill screen and the respawn screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

game4it70 wrote: »
    Damn those dirty filthy medics doing there job and helping the team out :rolleyes:

Snooze... yeah and making BF3 more like a kiddies game with assault trains steaming around.

Stupid mechanic and can't believe why anyone would approve it

(unless they are an assault spammer staring at their precious SPM of course)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Is it safe to assume that given the logo for BF4 is " Play It Your Way ", that we will be done with all these " oh he only uses this gun " and " he is a ( insert name of gameplay type/gun I don't like here ) noob " .

mozattack wrote: »
    Snooze... yeah and making BF3 more like a kiddies game with assault trains steaming around.

Stupid mechanic and can't believe why anyone would approve it

(unless they are an assault spammer staring at their precious SPM of course)

we should probably remove all the other stupid mechanics as well;

- medics being able to distribute endless medi pacs around the map
    - people miraculously auto healing over time
    - engineers being able to carry 6 AT mines and 6 RPGs while running around
    - support players having an endless supply of ammo

Res trains are easily dealt with if you approach them correctly. most of the areas where it happens are small bottlenecks where they are either hemmed in, see B flag on Bazaar, or where they are open to be back raged.

You might not be able to take them all out, but you can certainly keep them in check, particularly if you are well stocked with ammo and grenades and certainly so if you have a grenade launcher.

I find it best to use my energy trying to figure out how to get the better of these guys rather than complaining about them.

jonski wrote: »
    Is it safe to assume that given the logo for BF4 is " Play It Your Way ", that we will be done with all these " oh he only uses this gun " and " he is a ( insert name of gameplay type/gun I don't like here ) noob " .
    Yes there are always going to be whiny little b1tches people that just behave like that unless you play the game their way! :rolleyes:
    I wonder how much time is spent during a round by these type of people spamming the chat with noob this,noob that.
    fuzz69er wrote: »
    Res trains are easily dealt with if you approach them correctly. most of the areas where it happens are small bottlenecks where they are either hemmed in, see B flag on Bazaar, or where they are open to be back raged.

You might not be able to take them all out, but you can certainly keep them in check, particularly if you are well stocked with ammo and grenades and certainly so if you have a grenade launcher.

I find it best to use my energy trying to figure out how to get the better of these guys rather than complaining about them.

It is easy enough to kill a guy in process of reviving with his paddles out and then the guy that just got revived.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭osheen

It is easy enough to kill a guy in process of reviving with his paddles out and then the guy that just got revived.[/quote]

Its what I live for !
    Love bf3 . it must be the only fps i've ever played that I dont give siht about my k/d . love the fact that I can go 5 k 20 d and still get Mvp ! Against lads going 50/2

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

Two years on its still the best fps around. The most satisfying thing you can do in the game is kill a tank with at mines. I absolutely love doing that even managed to kill a helicopter with em before. I hope they don't change the mechanics too much for BF4.

Have ye seen this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1SRxs5xYWuo

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Evade

tim3000 wrote: »
    Two years on its still the best fps around. The most satisfying thing you can do in the game is kill a tank with at mines.
    Frag grenade and sniper rifle kills on tanks are much more satisfying.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Evade wrote: »
    Frag grenade and sniper rifle kills on tanks are much more satisfying.

Xbow wins all.

This is why I hate assault players... Look at this guy. Would he not even consider moving away from Easy Mode a little?

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/soldier/DnBonthemoon/stats/611239883/ps3/

Next map on rotation was Caspian Rush and he then quit because it aint easy to revive on maps other than Metro.

Can't wait for BF4; hopefully these 'COD' players will feck off then?

This is why I hate assault players... Look at this guy. Would he not even consider moving away from Easy Mode a little?

Next map on rotation was Caspian Rush and he then quit because it aint easy to revive on maps other than Metro.

that's a link to his profile, not the round report, was that what you meant?

I don't see the problem tbh.

that's a link to his profile, not the round report, was that what you meant?

I don't see the problem tbh.

And the M16 isn't even in his top 5 weapons! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

He is just one man. What do you use to counter act these type of guys? What is your class of choice?

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

maybe the fact he has 140+ service stars for assault , none on support, three on sniper and 1 for engineer with a ridiculous spm?

And the M16 isn't even in his top 5 weapons! :pac:

But he uses bullets,therefore he is noob :P

Seanbass wrote: »
    maybe the fact he has 140+ service stars for assault , none on support, three on sniper and 1 for engineer with a ridiculous spm?

1015 isn't a ridiculous SPM. It's a high SPM, above average, but far from ridiculous. His KD is standard of an above-average player.
    game4it70 wrote: »
    But he uses bullets,therefore he is noob :P

Bullets not necessary, I was called a C4 noob before when I blew up a Rank 100 Col. :D

1,015 SPM is a ridiculous SPM unless spamming assault on Bazaar or Metro (as he is).

Try get 1,015 playing "normal" maps and I will be impressed.

I've had great nights finishing MVP most of the time and check my stats on bf3.stats and the SPM is only around 600 so am I supposed to believe yer man would get nearly double my score in such rounds - impossible.

1,015 SPM is a ridiculous SPM unless spamming assault on Bazaar or Metro (as he is).

I've had great nights finishing MVP most of the time and check my stats on bf3.stats and the SPM is only around 600 so am I supposed to believe yer man would get nearly double my score in such rounds - impossible.

My SPM is 860 and I play on all the maps. Maybe you're just bad at the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Thread title certainly being achieved.

well unless you think he is somehow cheating and giving himself a false score then yes, you are supposed to believe it. It's obviously not impossible.

edit - just checked BF3 stats and my 1377 SCAR H kills is good enough for top 1% world wide. Surprised at that, thought it would have been most people's engineer gun of choice at launch. I don't think I've used it since the first expansion pack and I'm still ranked 3,148th with it. Another 400 kills would take me to top 1,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

well unless you think he is somehow cheating and giving himself a false score then yes, you are supposed to believe it. It's obviously not impossible.

edit - just checked BF3 stats and my 1377 SCAR H kills is good enough for top 1% world wide. Surprised at that, thought it would have been most people's engineer gun of choice at launch. I don't think I've used it since the first expansion pack and I'm still ranked 3,148th with it. Another 400 kills would take me to top 1,000.

I'm still top 1% in the world with regard to Saviour and Avenger kills on the PS3 lol. Not sure how, been months since i played there, I guess I racked up quite a few before jumping to PC.

• Advertisement

My SPM is 860 and I play on all the maps. Maybe you're just bad at the game?

Okay so 1,015 SPM is "above average" (your words) making you average by your count. Fair enough expert.

(10 Mastery Gun Tags and claims to have a varied playstyle... LMAO)

Advertisement