Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

fuzz69er wrote: »
    well unless you think he is somehow cheating and giving himself a false score then yes, you are supposed to believe it. It's obviously not impossible.

edit - just checked BF3 stats and my 1377 SCAR H kills is good enough for top 1% world wide. Surprised at that, thought it would have been most people's engineer gun of choice at launch. I don't think I've used it since the first expansion pack and I'm still ranked 3,148th with it. Another 400 kills would take me to top 1,000.

Fuzzer, not surprising for me. Reckon the most popular engineer guns are the M4 and A-91. My fav. would be the ACW-R or Mtar but I kinda like all the carbines.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mozattack wrote: »
    Okay so 1,015 SPM is "above average" (your words) making you average by your count. Fair enough expert.
    Yes, I would consider myself a fairly average player.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,778 ✭✭✭Evade

Getting one last multikill to finish off the assignments before BF4 is proving impossible. Plenty of double and triples and even the odd 2 doubles or a triple and single in one feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

1,015 SPM is a ridiculous SPM unless spamming assault on Bazaar or Metro (as he is).

Try get 1,015 playing "normal" maps and I will be impressed.

I've had great nights finishing MVP most of the time and check my stats on bf3.stats and the SPM is only around 600 so am I supposed to believe yer man would get nearly double my score in such rounds - impossible.

Its not a ridiculous score its just how he plays. Some maps are more conducive to getting higher spm than others. If he is reviving and throwing down med packs for his team then it is not impossible. My spm is 560 kdr of 1.476 I play mostly engineer and always attack vehicles.

Do you not have a class set up to counter act guys giving you grief? If you cant beat em join em medic m16 sqd frag and roberts your mothers brother:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Evillemachine

Total crap. Zero blood spray. Can't jump over the CUT SCENES like in BF2. Pretty tedious affair. Not a patch on BF2. Won't be holding my breath for BF4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

Fuzzer, not surprising for me. Reckon the most popular engineer guns are the M4 and A-91. My fav. would be the ACW-R or Mtar but I kinda like all the carbines.

I pretty much never used the A-91 until recently and I love it. It's very situational but in the right maps it can be a fantastic weapon.

I've got nearly 40,000 kills and the highest with any gun is about 4k with the M16A3. I've tried to vary it up recently and my current Engineer gun of choice is the G36C.

Total crap. Zero blood spray. Can't jump over the CUT SCENES like in BF2. Pretty tedious affair. Not a patch on BF2. Won't be holding my breath for BF4.

I have a sneaking suspicion that DICE deliberately did this to make BF4 seem like game on the century.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Playing rush last night on Kharg Island,we where the defending team.On the opposing team was,"maverick",well thats what im gonna call him.The guy was a beast in the chopper,racking up kills all over the shop,but what reall took the biscuit is when he parked his chopper on top of the tower facing the beach just mowing guys down with rockets and the chopper gunner,when he eventually got taken out ,he spawned again waited for the chopper and got back to his nest:mad:....parked it on the ****ing tower!!!!!!:eek:

Playing rush last night on Kharg Island,we where the defending team.On the opposing team was,"maverick",well thats what im gonna call him.The guy was a beast in the chopper,racking up kills all over the shop,but what reall took the biscuit is when he parked his chopper on top of the tower facing the beach just mowing guys down with rockets and the chopper gunner,when he eventually got taken out ,he spawned again waited for the chopper and got back to his nest:mad:....parked it on the ****ing tower!!!!!!:eek:

Presumably that's on console? It's a bitch when something like that happens.

A few weeks back I was playing rush on Kiasar and the enemy immediately shot down our chopper and stole it when it respawned. The pilot then sat back over their spawn, well out of range for lock on, and just mowed us down. He finished with 130 kills. We somehow managed to get the win with about 3 tickets to spare, but only because it was 500% tickets.

I sent him a message after basically saying that while what he did was legitimate, it was a tad unfair, and it turns out he was the server admin.

fuzz69er wrote: »
    I pretty much never used the A-91 until recently and I love it. It's very situational but in the right maps it can be a fantastic weapon.

I've got nearly 40,000 kills and the highest with any gun is about 4k with the M16A3. I've tried to vary it up recently and my current Engineer gun of choice is the G36C.

I have over 48k kills I think and my highest gun is the PP-19 (yes not a typo!) with 669 kills. Probably the only rank 100 with no more than 700 kills with a gun.

For BF4 I might change my play style and spam a gun in order to get better although I expect that will bore me silly... am not sure.

• Advertisement

This happened to me on the End Game maps... guy was going 45-0 and ripping it up "chopper sniping". Checked his stats and around 50% of playtime was in the attach choppers, he just played the same maps over and over to do so.

I have over 48k kills I think and my highest gun is the PP-19 (yes not a typo!) with 669 kills. Probably the only rank 100 with no more than 700 kills with a gun.

For BF4 I might change my play style and spam a gun in order to get better although I expect that will bore me silly... am not sure.

I took about 4 month break from the game and when I came back I spent a lot of time trying to improve my aim, gunplay, tactics etc, hence my M16A3 love in. I'm completely unashamed to say that my next best weapon after that is the USAS12 with which I have over 2k kills, nearly all with Frag rounds :D

I went through a phase of trying to unlock every attachment for every gun, so there's a lot of weapons that I have 300-350 kills with, then I'd move onto the next.

It kept the game fresh for me when it had been starting to get boring. though trying to run and gun with some of the LMG's was not much fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Don't you get a frogfoot/warthog on Kharg rush? Surely a parked heli is easy prey for one of those.

If that was me I would have either waited for a jet to spawn and simply crashed it into him of tried the javelin and soflam combo.

The worst game I have played was also on Kharg guy in a chopper well out of lock on range. But thats not the worst bit both jets were in use by the enemy. For a full 40 mins me and my team mate tried to get the guy out of the chopper by any means he ended up 130 to 0. I was raging.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

Don't you get a frogfoot/warthog on Kharg rush? Surely a parked heli is easy prey for one of those.

He had everything in his sights,everytime a tank would spawn he blew it up,everytime i tried to lock on he got me,and if you did manage to get him,he'd be back there in a matter of minutes.
    Cunt.:mad:

tim3000 wrote: »
    If that was me I would have either waited for a jet to spawn and simply crashed it into him

No matter how mad or eager I am to kill someone, I will never resort to ramming them.

No matter how mad or eager I am to kill someone, I will never resort to ramming them.

I will I hate not being able to advance to PTO. Guys like that deserve no mercy whatsoever imo. Especially if he is just waiting for the heli to spawn.

tim3000 wrote: »
    I will I hate not being able to advance to PTO. Guys like that deserve no mercy whatsoever imo. Especially if he is just waiting for the heli to spawn.

Well if he's spawn raping completely, then fair enough. But apart from that, I don't like rammers.

Well if he's spawn raping completely, then fair enough. But apart from that, I don't like rammers.

I wouldn't ram normally but I usually make it my business to kill a guy on a streak if at all possible especially if he is spawn raping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭game4it70

I could see you c4ing the nose of jet and bailing though :D

• Advertisement

game4it70 wrote: »
    I could see you c4ing the nose of jet and bailing though :D

Yes, that has been done and crossed off the list. Mind you it often fails and just suicides the other person anyway :D

Not baiting here but why not?

I see nothing wrong with ramming at all... I don't do it cos I am never in jets really but whats the problem?

I see nothing wrong with ramming at all... I don't do it cos I am never in jets really but whats the problem?

I don't know really, it's just a cheap way of killing someone. I suppose on PC (I'd imagine) it's more difficult for pilots, because if there's a chopper team with a big streak going, there are going to be 8+ lads with stingers trying to take them down. So ramming isn't that common thankfully.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Ramming with jets & bailing from jets(Either after losing a dog fight or using a jet as a Taxi) is one thing I hate. No class!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Ramming with jets & bailing from jets(Either after losing a dog fight or using a jet as a Taxi) is one thing I hate. No class!

Jet ramming is a perfectly legitimate tactic. Nothing as bad as chopper whores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Schwiiing wrote: »
    Jet ramming is a perfectly legitimate tactic. Nothing as bad as chopper whores.

No it isn't, there is so many ways to take down choppers with a bit of teamwork, jet ramming is just cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

TheFairy wrote: »
    Honestly lads take a step back and look what a good game we have! The more whining goes on on forums the more the game will be ripped to bits by Dice trying to keep everyone happy.

The only thing that really annoys me at the moment is the spawning on a team m8 at the exact moment they die, back to main grrrr! Also if more people would stop playing to KDR and look whats going on around them teamwise the game would be a whole lot better!

Yeah, and there should be servers that you can only play on if you have your mic plugged in and turned on.

I suppose it's a case of 'I'm not good enough to shoot this guy out of the sky so I'll just ram him instead'.

It's a ****'* trick tbh.

I have getting raped by choppers and jets as much as anyone, but if it's because the pilot is particularly good then I just get on with and do my best to deal with it. I've had rounds where I've gone 0-15 against top pilots who just seemed to rinse me again and again. It's frustrating to say the least, but it's up to our team to stop it.

Given your views on medic spamming I'm surprised you have no issue with jet ramming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Its alright for him to get cheap kills, not others!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Seanbass

I hate jet ramming when it happens to me and I try not to do it,

I'm usually trying to get those last few shots in and pull up too late and end up hitting them . Its not on purpose, I'd well prefer to carry on flying haha

Advertisement