Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Battlefield 3]Moaning & Bitching

Options
1697071727375»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭tim3000

fuzz69er wrote: »
    I suppose it's a case of 'I'm not good enough to shoot this guy out of the sky so I'll just ram him instead'.

It's a ****'* trick tbh.

I have getting raped by choppers and jets as much as anyone, but if it's because the pilot is particularly good then I just get on with and do my best to deal with it. I've had rounds where I've gone 0-15 against top pilots who just seemed to rinse me again and again. It's frustrating to say the least, but it's up to our team to stop it.

Given your views on medic spamming I'm surprised you have no issue with jet ramming.

If a guy is sitting out of lock on range in a heli what are you supposed to do? SOFLAM wont work, guided shells, wont work sniping and rockets wont work what are you supposed to do? If a guy is on a 40+ 50+ 60+ killstreak what are you supposed to do? Imo there is literally nothing you can do. If he is being a gowl about it then so should you, turnabout is fair play.

I usually make it my business to try and kill a guy going 30 to 0 or some huge streak

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

If you can get close enough to him in a jet to ram him you should get a simple kill by using the guns on the jet. I have done this many times.

Tip: Don't use heat seekers on jets. Rocket pods :)

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

tim3000 wrote: »
    If a guy is sitting out of lock on range in a heli what are you supposed to do? SOFLAM wont work, guided shells, wont work sniping and rockets wont work what are you supposed to do? If a guy is on a 40+ 50+ 60+ killstreak what are you supposed to do? Imo there is literally nothing you can do. If he is being a gowl about it then so should you, turnabout is fair play.

I usually make it my business to try and kill a guy going 30 to 0 or some huge streak

It's very simple; instead of ramming him with the jet, use the weapons to shoot him out of the sky.

If you're not good enough to to that (and I ain't) stay out of the jet and let someone else have a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭DeWinterZero

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Ramming with jets & bailing from jets(Either after losing a dog fight or using a jet as a Taxi) is one thing I hate. No class!

And I've seen tank drivers with similar thoughts about jihad jeeps. :D

Whatever tactic works within the rules of the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Jet ramming is a lazy mans way of playing, if you can ram a chopper, you can shoot a chopper down with the cannons, its not that hard.

• Advertisement

Ah in fairness it actually requires skill to jihad jeep someone. Usually don't kill yourself with one either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I usually just shoot jet guys with my m16A3, so easy

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭fuzz69er

Almost as much fun as C4'ing a chopper

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

mozattack wrote: »
    Not baiting here but why not?

I see nothing wrong with ramming at all... I don't do it cos I am never in jets really but whats the problem?

Its a waste of a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Its a waste of a plane.

If it takes out a marauding enemy chopper then no it isn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Schwiiing wrote: »

The idea is to keep the vehicles alive so they can cause more damage.

A poor pilot ram, a good one takes down the chopper and moves onto the next target.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

dreamers75 wrote: »
    The idea is to keep the vehicles alive so they can cause more damage.

A poor pilot ram, a good one takes down the chopper and moves onto the next target.

Exactly, if you're not capable of shooting down the chopper with a jet, leave it there for someone who can.

Schwiiing wrote: »

I would agree. The very fact that the heli pilot is dominating is due to a lack of capable jet pilots. Personally I have rammed deliberately maybe once or twice and that was just trolling an admin chopper whore (immediately kicked and banned, totally worth it :pac:). But I still think that if the chopper pilot is preventing you from PTO then any tactic is a legitimate tactic to get on with the game.

The idea is to win not to sit there and get an ass kicking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

I think the admins micromanaged a bit too much. If someone has an advantageous position (ie a chopper hovering 800m and firing at a point) then it has to hit a point where the greater good or morality of the game has to supercede the objective (ie: to win).

There are many, many servers that don't have stupid rules and just let the game mechanics flow. These are often the servers with less of these suspect tactics than the moderated ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Saw a guy today, His name was Chedar or something like that.

He was in the anti-air vehicle at our spawn killing everyone with a few bursts of the turret at the enemy spawn. 1 or 2 he couldn't kill because they hid somewhere. There were 18 enemies and he had 15 kills within 2 minutes.

The enemy team decided to stop spawning and a few of us got some tanks and started to ram him all over the shop. Was good fun :P Eventually we got a vote-kick going and got him off the server. Strange how they can still bypass all the security with hacks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

The Admins I hate are the ones that put up things like "No Igla/Stinger, we're recording for youtube"

Now personally I'm not a fan of either, but if you're recording for youtube to make yourself look class, you shouldn't be putting limitations on the other team, it's ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Just ordered a refund for the game, it's not the game for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Dermighty wrote: »

lol , just pre-ordered the game after playing the beta for a while , it seems as good as any of the other BF's and in the right vein .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Dermighty wrote: »
    What you gna do with your 10 euro now?

Are ye playing the beta?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Evillemachine

Awful game on single player mode. No blood, cut scenes you can't get rid of and have to listen to endless waffle. BF2 u could skip inane cut scenes. Won't be getting BF4. Any other good FPS games out there that u can skip the cut scenes and have lots of blood in them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Awful game on single player mode. No blood, cut scenes you can't get rid of and have to listen to endless waffle. BF2 u could skip inane cut scenes. Won't be getting BF4. Any other good FPS games out there that u can skip the cut scenes and have lots of blood in them.

You bought BF3 for the singleplayer alone?

Obvious troll, DO NOT POST in this thread again. Thank you

Your most impressive stat in BF3?

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭harvester of sorrow

****ing jets blowing up my tank with their machine gun....:mad: ffs couple of bullets and im toast.:mad::mad:

Advertisement