Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cave Story 3D

Options
  • 11-11-2011 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭

Absolute crying shame this got released when it did (i.e. today). So many games, so little time.

Just as well they didn't wait until next week (against SM3DL) and commit total commercial suicide instead. :)

The remake looks beautiful, and you can still play using the old graphics if you're nostalgic (or purist).

Definitely picking this up at some stage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I was wondering about this. Looked prety cool. I am wondering of that would be something interesting misses shadowhearth too...

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I have a feeling this could be one of those "lets do a limited trial run and see how it sells" kind of games. 6 months from now, it will be €100+ on eBay.

No sign in my local Xtravision or Gamestop. Might be one to grab while you still can.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Might pick this up, but I have to question the release date like others above. What exactly were they thinking?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Cave story looks awesome and has been picking up some good reviews across the web.
    Hopefully I can get some cash together to buy it soon but SM3DL is out in a week or so :(:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

At least the WiiWare version will always be available... right?

• Advertisement

Has anyone spotted this in the shops? I asked in my local Gamestop, and they said they had no plans to get it in (!). Seems to be on UK websites (Zavvi, Play etc.), but I wouldn't mind picking it up today if anywhere had it.

Same deal with Tetris Axis. Only Argos have this, it seems....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Couldn't find it any of the shops myself. Its really sad that no where seems to have stocked it sadly. Will probably go back to the Wii version for the time being, I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Mr E wrote: »
    The remake looks beautiful, and you can still play using the old graphics if you're nostalgic (or purist).
    A) I think the render looks terrible! Ruining great pixel art.
    B) No you can't. The "classic" mode the game advertises is actually just the old sprites for enemies, the environments are still all the ****ty models.

So disappointed in this, could have been great on the 3DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Anyone seen any copies of this in any stores around dublin at all?

Been recommended to me buy a few people now but haven't seen it in stores anywhere.

Shame.

Anyone seen any copies of this in any stores around dublin at all?

Been recommended to me buy a few people now but haven't seen it in stores anywhere.

Shame.

The only shop I've seen it in was Game in Liffey Valley about 3 weeks ago (I got the last copy at the time). Haven't seen it in any other shops, so Game is your best bet. Call them up - they should be able to do a stock check in nearby shops if they don't have it themselves.

Brilliant game, by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I want this game but don't want to spend 40+ for it.
    Just after buying Mario land and Kart so the coffers are almost empty, especially with JesusDay around the corner.

Any ideas where to get the best value or is it a case of grabbing it when you see it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I want this game but don't want to spend 40+ for it.
    Just after buying Mario land and Kart so the coffers are almost empty, especially with JesusDay around the corner.

Any ideas where to get the best value or is it a case of grabbing it when you see it?

Get it on steam for a tenner. Or if you are really cheap then the original is freeware.

On 3DS the cheapest is the Hut with a not so impressive 30 sterling price tag.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,610 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nope, I really want this on the 3DS, will keep my eyes peeled, Gamestop don't even have this on their system, if someone trades it in it may be a bargain.
    That said, I bought my Okamiden there, preowned, for 29.99 a couple of months ago and I saw it the other day, preowned again, for 34.99!
    Rare games have a habit of getting more expensive with time!

Didn't realise it was on Steam, insta-buy methinks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,446 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Didn't realise it was on Steam, insta-buy methinks.

Only went up very recently.

Yeah, can barely resist buying it.

Just wondering if the Mac version on Steam works with my pads (Saturn USB and PSX-to-InPin).

Just tested this (got it with the Humble Bundle) and it works with both a Dualshock 3 (via USB) and my USB Saturn pad :)

Advertisement