Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letters from C&H to the world!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭shefellover93

Dear M,

Already wrote you a letter (and got one from you :pac: ) but throught I'd write you another. Nice to know I've one part of my life sorted out, you make me happy beyond which words can describe. I still feel the same rush for you that I did when we first met and I've never felt this secure and happy with someone. I know that now matter how difficult and ****ty my life may get over the next few months that you'll be there besides me (Touch wood!). You're unique and weird and kind and amazing, I wouldn't want you any other way. I can't wait for us to be involved in each others lives even more and that you never find the sanity to decide to leave me :pac:

I love you,
    K

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dear holidays,

Hurry up and be over so I can have my best guy friend back from Wexford?? I kinda need him around.

Thanks babes.

S xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭shannon_tek

Dear Universe,

I just dont want to be in College. Its not for me! Fair enough i've signed upto a 3 year contract but i had to it was my only choice. It was a safe bet i knew i was going to get in cause i had got it before i even decided to worry. But its not for me. im not the education guy. I want to be in a physical position. You can get me to repeat my exams every year but we're not going to click. I just cant do it.
    Throw me a job where im gurrenteed it in the morning i will take it.

But this life is not for me. i dont mind the fact of going in and out just learning i cant do..

Yours,
    S_T

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Dear Frank,

What's up man? 19 now, getting old, eh? I should be happy today, but I still cant help thinking what if you were around. Maybe if the whole god thing is real I'll meet you one day. That's the one and only reason I hold a small hope that all that God, Heaven stuff is real. I seen my dad crying the other day.. It's weird seeing it, I found what he was crying over. A picture of you and him.. Made me cry. I miss you man, for a bloke I've never known, I cant help but feel close to you. Right, well girlfriend is on her way so I best go!

Adios man.
    Much love, the grandson you never knew.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

Dear Nazi Zombies,
    Dont be so hard on me. I just want to get past level 20 so im not on the bottom of my friends leaderboard. I dont like being down there. Its cold, lonely and theres no respect at all on the bottom of the pile.

Thanks in advance,
    Cawcheen
    Dear mystery box,
    Give me the raygun and the thundergun all the time please, no more handguns or that yoke i call 'the shtick'.

Sound,
    Cawcheen

Seriously this is what my life has become.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dear A,

I'm feeling rather irrationally angry at you, despite the fact that you didn't really do anything wrong. What is it with that? you're well and truly under my skin. And even though I know you weren't using me or anything, that's just how I feel about yesterday. Like you wouldn't have said anything at all unless you had needed to. But I know you and I know that's not true. I keep forgetting I know who you are, and make assumptions as though you were somebody else. I promise to stop doing that from now on. I really hope what I said helped, too.

Can't wait to see you next week, I missed you quite a lot more than I will tell you I did.

K. xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

Dear Head,
    Stop aching.
    Nice one,
    C

Dear Body,
    Stop being **** in general and crapping out all the time.
    Sincerely and impatiently,
    C

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Dear A,

Its not the same anymore, is it? We've always had our little disagreements, over stupid things. At least then I knew we both cared. Nearly everything you do over last few weeks drives me mental, stupid things that only I would notice. I can feel myself resenting you. I don't want to feel like this, seriously I love you so much and I'll always care for you. You are the best friend I have or ever had but after we had an argument last week neither of are even bothered to make an effort. Why are we giving up?

I just want you to know I'll always be here for you, no matter if we drift or can't stand the sight of each other. You're such a great person but 40% time I really dislike what you can be. Please can we have it back like the last few years? even if it so you can reach the high shelf in Tesco for me or so I can feel your hair just after you've been to the barbers.

Love for ever and always,

L.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dear S,

I am so fcuking sick of your BS. I haven't got the time, energy or inclination to listen to it anymore. I have too much on my plate and frankly it's not my responsibility.

I'm tired of giving you chances that you don't appreciate. You're getting one more and that's it. After that I just don't care.

-K.

Dearest A,

thank you for trying to cheer me up today. The fact that you were willing to listen meant so much. <3

Love, K.

Dear PLR,

whoever devised you should be shot. Dear god, I don't think I will ever experience such boredom in my life after this, no matter how long it is. You have to be done and all that jazz but if I had the choice I'd drop you in a heartbeat.

-K.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Dear Mark, Me, Myself and I.

Here's how it is, training tonight was the biggest kick in the face you've ever gotten. Couldn't do your sprints? I'm ashamed of the player i've become. Two years ago you had Metro on your doorstep, prospects of Leinster development. Now what? You're some second string prop. I fúcking hate me right now. It took two years for me to realise what I've become. Stop using your knees as an excuse to back out of drills. Stop being like this. We are not this person. You got a kick in the face. You cryed on the way home. Sort your shít out. Please? For both of us.

On another note.
    What happened to this guy?
    marko93 wrote: »
    Interview for a PLC. Grand. I refuse to stop my education.

Lets face it. You bottled your leaving cert and you accepted this, you went into this course with the intentions of going to University next year.. Doesent look likly from where I'm sitting..You havent opened a book, you done shíte in the your first review and assesment. You leave everything till the night before! Do you really want to be a bum like this? Is this how you want it to be? You know everyone wants you to do better. So fúcking do it.
    *also think to yourself, what would Frank think of the way your acting? If not for yourself, at least for him.

Cop on. Stop making excuses, and just fúcking do it.

THIS IS YOUR WAKE-UP CALL.

Regards,
    A very pissed Mark

• Advertisement

Dear timeline,

Remember when I was small my life was like something out of the movies. Remember when I used to build bases and huts with my best friend, remember we used to go to the lake we used to pretend like we were hunters, when we used to camp out in the forest.

Remember 14 years ago upto 2009 i used to have dreams and ambitions to be a pilot follow my mams footsteps and work for British airways. Remember the morning my friend and I got the bus to the airport to go plane spotting, when we used to take day trips to London. Where did they go? Why have I become something I'm not. Do I really like houses, do i really want to sell them. Or should I go and do computers, but there too complicated. Can u just rearrange my future and set my goal to be a pilot back. I don't like this new me. He's nice but lives on the internet, loose touch with his friends becomes a social outcast and loses touch with what really matters. I miss my friends. I miss my childhood.

I have my sights set and I'm going to fight for my dreams, weather is right or not its what makes me who I am!

Loving you,
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Dear Aoifey,

This isn't you, this isn't the way you're supposed to be. Cop on and pull yourself together. You have everything to be happy for so why aren't you?! Just be happy, please.

Love, yourself.

Dear Bella,

Remember i said we would always be friends, even when we broke up, remember i said we would meet and catch up.

Why did that not happen. Why have we fallen apart. i want to ask you. but you have bf and baby on the way. I am delighted for you but i dont like it. I think its time we should part our ways. Please dont be upset. its time to leave the past behind:(

Love your X,
    J

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Dear E,

I love you, and I know we can make this work again. We've been taking each other for granted so much the past few months. We've lived together for so long that we forgot how to have fun together. We forgot to spend time with each other, to speak to each other. It's time to get back to liking each other instead of just loving each other. We can do this, I know we can.

Love, Aoifey.

xxxx

P.s. You always know how to make me smile, no matter how sad I am. Don't ever stop making me smile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Dear housemate,

Stop slamming the fúcking door every two minutes you insufferable shitcunt.

Hate,
    j.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Dear myself,

My dear you are going to turn this sh!t around. It hasn't been easy so far but it could be a hell of a lot worse. Please realise that her death two years ago while being something that changed you forever, happened two years ago, and while its okay to think about it sometimes, it is not a reason to give yourself to hold back on your life. If anything it should be something to spur you onwards towards bigger things. Realise that the breakup was probably for the best, that though it hurts and he's starting to get back to being not an asshole and being the guy you used to know, that you had to see the asshole sometime, and that the future has other plans for you.
    Speaking of which, those plans don't have to be decided today, nor tomorrow, and yes, nor is actually a word.. Its your final year, not the final countdown.
    Make a decision about Maynooth though. He's too nice. Too much. You're not sure if the love is there or not, or whether he's just safe, just too perfect - what the hell is it with you and assholes?
    Listen kiddo, I know you can do this. You can kick the ancient languages ass, make Finn and Peter be friends and somehow manage to make the world economy seem relevant in your head. Maybe the trip this week will help you see the wood from the trees; I hope its the break you need.

You're a lovely lassie really, just keep believing in yourself :)

All my love, Me.

PS: Actually cannot wait for the letter in September!

Dear M, S, M and J:

I love you all so so much, and if it wasn't for ye, I wouldn't be the strong person I am. I apologise for freakouts, past present and future, and just want ye to know ye will always be my girls.

Love ye, LMP.

Dear CD,
    Darling, what am I to do about you at all? You get me so confused. I love you, I do, but I love him. And its a different love, i think, because his was all consuming, like stopped eating, stopped living properly when he left. And I know I'm getting over all of that and it sounds awfully dramatic, but you, you're my hero. And I adore you for being overly perfect. I just worry that if we try this too soon (too soon says she after 6 years), that if we try this, and I realise that its not the same, that I'm going to lose you forever and I can't do that. So I'm confused, because I have feelings, and I just need to sort out whether or not its a chance worth taking. You deserve way better than me anyway.

I love you to bits xxxx LMP.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

J,

Please stop this shít with me. You're stringing me along, and it's not good for either of us. You keep telling me stuff that's too personal for you to tell anyone else, but yet you don't even get it. I've liked you since fifth year, but now I've got to realise that it's time to stay away from you. You're staying in Dublin, I'm going to Galway, unless by some miracle you end up going there too, which I doubt. Stop making me feel like I'm the only girl in the world, then in the next instant like you're dating someone else.

I want to go out with you. I've made that abundantly clear. Now, it's your turn to make the move.

C

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Dear me,

Make a fúcking decision and get on with it already you absolute twat!

With disdain and contempt,
    Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Words.
    I'm a little confused. Are you already going out with this person or are you annoyed because they haven't asked you out? If you want to go out with somebody then you should ask them out. If all you do is drop hints, no matter how unsubtle they are then it is your own fault if nothing comes of it.

If it's not the latter then ignore that advice and instead imagine this post has been framed in the letter format and is addressed to anybody who is frustrated about not being asked out by somebody.

Now for a letter of my own so I can get some stuff off my chest:

Dear Davidius,

This stuff on your chest is heavy and is not conducive to breathing. I suggest removing the offending stuff by lifting it with your arms and placing in on a surface that is not your body. In general I would advise against spending time investigating the stuff before removal. If you have reason to believe the stuff is dangerous to touch with your hands then be quick to investigate with your eyes. Be sure to properly examine the stuff after removal so these incidents can be tackled better in future.

Thank you,
    Suidivad.

PS. Sharp stuffs usually call for expert medical assistance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Dear me,

It's time. You are starting to slow down again, your motivation is dying again, and people are starting to notice. You know what it's like to be happy again and now are you really willing to let it go? You know what, we arent doing this again. It's time to sort it once and for all. Ok so the current counseling isn't working, fine we do this to the end and we are going to find another way to deal with it all. There are other paths open to us, the school, our gp whatever it takes.

We can do this, we will do this.
    Dec.

• Advertisement

Hey,

Y'know when you said you wouldn't be in the same position as last semester come the summer exams? Yeah, well if you don't cop the f*ck on you'll be right back in the sh*tter scrabbling for C3's when we both know you're capable of getting high B's and A's if you try.
    So stop making excuses. If you're still insisting on punishing yourself for something you did in August, then at least stop wasting your nights sitting at your desk staring at boards and facebook waiting for a thread to update or the little "(1)".

Get your arse in gear and start organising sh*t. Get your notes in order by the end of this weekend at the latest.
    Get working on a CV, and start posting them. If you're gonna grow some balls and go for International Co-op, you'd best start getting your act together pretty sharpish.
    Get in touch with that radio station. What's the worst that can happen? They'll laugh you out the door. The best thing that can happen? You get something to do for a few nights during the summer rather than sitting at home alone trying to escape in your usual fantasy world.

Also, stop acting like you know stuff. Let's face it, it's annoying you, so what's it like for those around you?

Don't make me have to write to you again,
    wnolan1992

Dear world,

As i sit here writing this letter, Im wondering to myself have i finally discovered who i am or am i walking back 4 years and starting life all over again. I just took one of the biggest steps i haven't been able to do for the past 2 years, that is finally growing the balls to delete my bebo account. I hate changing something for no reason. I like to keep mementos close to me. I feel that tonight is the start of something different. there feels like there is change in the air. but im worried its a false pretense and that im making all these changes to only be let down. not that i notice it but i realize a fear of mine is to be hurt. I try to avoid it at all costs. But i think you are guiding me.

I just watched shutter Island. Im worried that i may end up like 'Andrew' people will turn a blind eye because my visions are different. Then the fear of rejection and hurt kicks in and i'll be back to square 1. I cant handle that. Anyway im going to keep making my changes. i still have one last change to make before 12 midnight. I wonder can i go through with it. . . .

From, J

P.s Tell wnolan his letter touched me. Tell him to follow his dreams, there the most important things he's got ... and no one, i mean no one can take them from him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

To Fran

My darling, darling sweetheart, If I could make anything, even the tiniest bit better for you, I would. I swear I would. I would take all your hurt, and all your pain onto myself, if you'd let me. Cos your so brilliant, and you deserve so much better than this, and me. But, you want me. For some reason, and I thank god every day for it. And I want you. more than anything. You're my Cesca phoenix, rising from the flames. So when I don't tell you how bad it is, or how bad im feeling, it isnt cos your weak, or that i dont love you. I know how hard it is to cling on, day after day, and how desperately fragile you are. You're the most beautiful thing in the world, you light up my sky, you are the only star in my sky, and you don't see it. Rose is wrong. He was wrong. You're better than all of them, and you are going to beat them. We are. I promise you. Cos as long as your here, i can fight on, for our future, I know i can. I love you so much, my darling francesca sweetheart phoenix, rising from the flames xxxxxxx

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Dear person inhabiting mirrors and most reflective surfaces orientated perpendicularly to my line of sight,

Why're you so handsome? Stop being so handsome, it's getting silly.

On a related note, I'm going to spend the next few hours huddled like a foetal hedgehog, crying inconsolably in an unlit corner of my room.

All the best,

E

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Indiego

Dear me,

Im dizzy from chasing thoughts around my head -_-
    I wish you would just shut up and relax every once and a while..

No, just because someone hasnt replied to a text straight away doesnt mean theyre ignoring you. Theyre probably doing something constructive with their time, like having a life.

No, just because you dont become a sheep and act like everyone else you know doesnt mean you'll be the weird one for the rest of your life. Weird is better, we're more interesting... Just keep telling yourself that and it'll be true eventually...

No, youre not comfortable with how you look, but thats no reason to beat yourself up over it every day. Deal with it.
    You dont have peroxide blonde, backcombed hair, skin colored lips or orange skin, and thats something you should take pride in, because even though that seems to be what all the lads think is 'hot' or a 'ride', they wont all be like that, and you know someone whos proof of that too.

Stop doubting yourself and stay true to who you are and you wont need to change yourself for someone, youll find the person you wont need to change a thing about yourself for. Theyre out there somewhere and you're only 15, so stop thinking you'll end up alone living with 50 cats...

Finally, stop wishing your life away, live in the moment for gods sake! TY should be something to enjoy so stop wishing you were in 5th year - You're so weird for missing school work! So cop on and have some fun while you're able to, its not that often that you're allowed play Twister in maths class...

From the part of you that seems to know better than the other bit of you..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Dear D. Kidney,

Please try some back line play against France.

Yours,
    Concerned Irish Fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Haven't posted in this thread before. I could write a long letter, but I'll be brief. And cheesy. I'll try to be kind of vague too in case somebody is doing some serious creeping and sees this. But mostly I'll be cheesy. *turns manliness off in preparation*

Dear you,
    I'm just saying now, okay, but I find everything about you painfully attractive. I have no idea why, but the way you speak, the way you walk, the way you laugh, the way your hair falls... It's perfect! I can't picture you without that smile on your face. God, I can hardly picture you without a smile on my face, because for some weird reason, when I look at you something clicks and it feels like there isn't a thing wrong in the whole world.

In one way I'd love to say this stuff to you, but I wouldn't dream of really doing it. I know I'm not the right guy for you - you are wayyy out of my league - and I'd hate to put you in the unenviable position of saying no. (That sounds totally defeatist :p) But just so you know, I'd make you a mug of hot chocolate any day, any time.

With marshmallows.

Lots of like,
    JamJamJamJam

P.S. The fact that it's technically Valentine's Day right now is merely coincidental. The fact that it's Pancake Tuesday, however, is really significant because today I would make you a serious pancake to go with your hot chocolate... :)

EDIT: Okay it turns out that today is not Pancake Tuesday, but you know what? If you want a pancake, I will make you a pancake anyway!!

*Turns manliness back on*

Dear People on Radio and TV talking about Valentines Day,

Please. Fúck. Off.

Sincerely,
    /foreverAloneMeme

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Dear people on the internet complaining about Valentine's Day,
    Somehow, you're more annoying than the people you're complaining about. Just sayin'.

Yours Sincerely,
    Untitled-1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

Dear whiskey,
    I'll see you later.
    shane.

Advertisement