Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letters from C&H to the world!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Dear fellow Psychology students,

Stop robbing all the books I need for my essay :mad:

Kind regards,

A very cranky IHC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

I'm going to miss you so much when you're not around anymore. I think it will physically hurt. You make me so happy and you make my spirit soar. I'm so proud of you, I can't even say.

Love you to bits, you special, special person.

K. xx

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Dear S,

You have no idea how proud I was of you today (is that weird being proud of a friend?). If that was me i doubt I'd have held it together at all, I know everyone says you've had time to prepare for this but I doubt that it's making things any easier. You did and are doing your mum so proud every day. The way you look after L and M. I can't begin to fathom what you're all going through, but I just want you to know that when I said if you need anything let me know. I meant it if you want a coffee cake at 3am, if you want to hit someone, if you want to have a laugh, if you want a few drinks, no matter what I'm only a few houses away.

I know we've had our many ups and downs over the years but that's what has made our friendship stronger. Even if we don't talk or see each other that much anymore I just want you to know that I love you so much. Don't ever change.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Dear C,
    Stop adding people you've seen once, it makes you look sad and also stop adding people I know and you don't, its beyond annoying at this stage!
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Dear Aoifey!,

Cop on.

From, Aoifey!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭johnROSS

Dear Parents,

Sort it out.

-John

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Dear me,

So much for your grand plans, eh buddy? 3.5 months of the year gone and what have you done? Sat on your fúcking arse as usual and done nothing. Why didn't you learn from last semester? Why? Just cop yourself on and try and save yourself some money by making it a link-in rather than a full blown repeat.

Sincerely,
    wnolan

PS: For God's sake put a CV together. Apply for the shít you said you'd apply for. So what if they don't like you, give it a go and if they say know at least then you'll have a legitimate reason to be pissed off.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭AtomicKoala

Dear Moi,
    Keep up the good procrastination and work mixture. Its working well. At least for chemistry.

TTYL, toi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Dear Best Friend,

I've seen you nowhere near often enough in the past few months, please don't let our friendship fall apart. I think you're an absolute legend, and I know you used to think I was pretty cool too. This is ridiculous, we're not even falling out, we're just drifting away from each other. Please make an effort to keep in contact. I miss you so much. Don't forget me.

Togepi

PS: If we don't hang out more next year I will attempt to blow you up using my mind, Sheldon-style. Sozz bbz but we both know it's the way you'd want to go. <3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

Dear wisdom teeth,
    Come on now. Less of that.

JamJamJamJam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Dear nan,

This evening was the hardest, you've never looked so frail and almost child like in that hospital bed. You shouldn't be there, I remember thinking for years how lucky I was to have a nan who was independent and youthful but seeing you today has been a massive shock. You got so upset when you seen the trolly come in to bring you down for your operation, I've never seen you like that. You didn't want to go, I wish you didn't have to go through this, I wish I could take the pain away from you.

When you asked for us to pray for you it was like my heart got a little punch, I wish I believed, I wish I had something to cling on for hope but I don't. Please get better, I miss your soup and apple tart, no one can make it like you nan

I love you always, xxxxx

Dear me last year

You shouldn't have taken out that loan; you did so hoping you would have a reasonably well paid job and would be able to pay it off with ease, but guess what, you don't, and now the loan repayments are eating away your money.

From,
    Broke me.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Dear World,

Please give me a break. I'm not sure I can handle any more disappointments right now. :(

A very despondent me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Dear everyone,
    stop being so stupid/naive/annoying/moany/attention seeking/backstabbing/useless/etc/etc. If you don't stop,
    I will have no other choice but the punch each and everyone
    of you in the face.

Cheers,
    G.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,893 ✭✭✭Davidius

Dear Leftyflip,

Everybody presumably includes me. Following on from this assumption I must admit I am deeply offended by your attacks on my person. The last thing I am is stupid/naive/annoying/moany/attention seeking/useless/etc/etc. I accept your challenge to duel, as long as it's done in most honourable way possible: 1 vs 1 above the belt fistfight.

Yours in friendship,
    D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Davidius wrote: »
    Dear Leftyflip,

Everybody presumably includes me. Following on from this assumption I must admit I am deeply offended by your attacks on my person. The last thing I am is stupid/naive/annoying/moany/attention seeking/useless/etc/etc. I accept your challenge to duel, as long as it's done in most honourable way possible: 1 vs 1 above the belt fistfight.

Yours in friendship,
    D

Dearest Davidius,
    please accept my sincerest apologies.
    my original letter was not aimed at you, but at a certain group of individuals whom despite their age act like young children.
    It would be ungentlemanly for me to decline this duel as in my hastened typing, I made a vulgar statement that offended you.
    Therefore at down of the morrow, we shall duel.

With deepest apologies,
    G.

Ah, sounding far more upper class than I ever will be :')

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Dear me,

Sort your sh*t out. Now.

Dear God,

Do you exist, or what's the craic?

Yours not-so-faithfully,
    Togepi

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Dear my class,

I lied. We're all ****ed.

Cordially,
    OhMSG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Dear Family,

WHAT IS YOUR ****ING PROBLEM? I try my best, I offend no-one, I try my best to be the nicest, kindest, sincere and trustful person I can be. Why do you treat me like dirt? What have I ever done to deserve what you give me everyday of my life? Why do you not respect me? Why do you laugh at my dreams, sneer at what I want to achieve, poke fun at my aspirations? Why is nothing I do ever good enough? Why is it that everyone elses opinion matters more than mine? Why do you treat me this way?

Your all so stuck up your own pretentious assholes that you can't see the pain you inflict on me everyday. Why is everything I say laughable. Why am I not strong enough, talented enough, smart enough, loveable enough.

You call me cold, calculated, locked up with self-pity. YOU have made me this way. You have made me hurt in more ways than you would ever imagine.

I've cried my last tear for you, if you don't respect me, I don't care. I've gotten this far on my own, i'm not going to stop now.

You DON'T own me, you CAN'T control me. Watch me grow, learn, live the life I want to live, enjoy life by my own terms, be myself.

Today, is the last time i'll respect you, don't wonder why it's come on all of a sudden. This has been building up for far too long. I DON'T deserve this. No-one does.

Today is the end of her relationship. For good.

Signed:
    'Your disappointing one'. x

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Dear life,

I said i wasnt going to come back here. But, Tonight you have thrown a bit of weight my way. Maybe you thought i was ready to realise the extent of the situation. But its just posed so many more questions. Why did you bring me the topic of self harm? It was very sad to listen to that audio. but now you have me worried how can i protect my brother and sisters. There starting secondary school and from talking to my parents over the Easter its not going to be easy. If i know them from the way i was brought up in that house i know it is going to drive them insane.
    I personally feel im not ready to learn that i now have to be the big brother im suppose to be. Im still a child myself can you just make sure they take a better road than i did. Its the bullying im worried about and the things of being a teenager come with. How can i possible help them when i dont understand the thoughts i have myself. Please just give me a sign to know that everything will turn out alright.

From,
    Very worried teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Dear guy sitting closest to the door,
    It's not there for decoration you know! I keep shutting that door because there's a conference in the room opposite us so there's a lot of noise in the corridors. Also it's freezing in here. Closing the door keeps the noise and draft to a minimum. You're apparently not one of those people who needs a quiet, temperate environment to concentrate in. Me on the other hand, I find it all very distracting. So next time you leave the room, mind taking a couple of extra seconds to pull the door after you?

Sincerely
    Girl sitting furtest from the door who just had to get up for the fourth time

Ps
    You're a dick.

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Dear fast food place

When I ask for a cheese burger with no ketchup, it doesn't translate into "yeah just squeeze half the bottle into that burger love"

Sincerely, Starving

Dear doctors

Please find out what's wrong with her. Please.

From,
    A worried sister

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Dear World,

Im so scared and confused. Ive probably looked into my problem too much and it could be nothing but this could be karma. as for my other issue i feel like my heart is being torn out of me. And i have no where left to run... :( Please wipe away my tears and let everything be ok. Please...

from me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Dear cold sore,

Imigh leat, you dick.

Thanks,
    Initial.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Dear people who keep sending me app requests,

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you want.
    If you are looking for ransom, I can tell you I don't have money.
    But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career.
    Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you.
    If you stop sending me those stupid Farmville and Mafia Wars requests now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for you, I will not pursue you.
    But if you don't, I will look for you, I will find you, and I will kill you.

Love,
    OhMSG

(Before anyone has a ****storm, this is meant to be a joke.)

Dear OMSGlive,

WTF?!

*Has ****storm*

Togepi :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭marko93

Dear A,

I miss you, simple as. Could of really used some advice a few times in the past weeks. Oh well.

Regards,
    Me.

• Advertisement

Dear E,

I'm sorry. I cannot describe how sorry. I never meant to hurt you and it kills me knowing I'm the one who did this to you. I hate seeing you like this and I wish I could take all the pain away. I will always be here if you need me, I'm not going anywhere. I just hope some day you can see this was the best thing for both of us. You will always mean so much to me, you're a great guy and deserve the best.

Love,
    The girl who broke your heart

Advertisement