Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Letters from C&H to the world!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,410 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

Dear K,

If you want me then say so,You can't keep me hanging on like this.It's not fair on me or her.If you don't then let me go please.I'm not strong enough to walk away and cut all ties by myself.But if you do want me back I don't even know if we could even work again.Just stop stringing me along.

A

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Dear This Past Year,

Kindly fuck off now please.

You've been a year where the negatives far outweigh the positives. More friendships lost than made. More failures than triumphs. More loneliness and misery than happiness and enjoyment.

So fuck off, and please don't come back.

It's getting harder and harder to believe in karma as time goes on. When's my turn for some good?

With much love,
    w.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭Meowth

Dear class of 2012,
    I will miss you dearly :'( I know we still have a while yet till we are actually finish this year but I feel I need to write this now. You are amazing and we've only gotten closer this year :) From Congo Tuesdays, friday food fights, our christmas concert etc we have truly had the craic this year :) Just thanks for making 6th year the funnest year I have ever had in school :)
    Lots of love guys :)
    Que sera, sera :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Dear B,

If you're Odysseus, I guess that makes me, to some extent at least, Penelope. I could be worse things. I hope you believe me, and I hope I can tell you.

Love,
    K. x

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Dear A,

WHY? Why that? Seriously? You've completely ruined my faith in people. Walking in, seeing her come out of your room...you didn't have the guts to tell me? Go to hell. I can't deal with you again.

C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Nothing at all like HistoryKitten's letter:
    Ahem,
    Dear class of 2012,
    the major majority of you are stuck up, ignorant pillocks, go f*ck yourselves, no more shall you make me feel like a freak of nature for who I am and the **** I've gone through causing me to miss loads of school.
    Yours with no nice feelings whatsoever,
    weirdpunkperson.

P.S - As*holes!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Dear Little Brother's Teacher,

Why? Why do you get so much pleasure out of torturing twelve year olds? I went through this **** and I'm lucky to have come out the other end. Please. He already wants to leave school, I'm petrified he'll refuse to go to secondary now. He's just a kid. Stop doing this to him. I get that my mam annoyed you when you had my sister in your class, but so what? He's not his sister, stop acting like he is. You've turned a class of 29 other students against him. I hate you.

C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Dear People who set the Papers for Leaving Cert English,

What poets are coming up?

Ta,
    Togepi

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

Dear Life/Fortune/Fate/Buddha/Yahweh/Morgan Freeman/God/Whatever,

Cheers for the last few months, they've been pretty damn awesome. Keep up the good work! :)

ES

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Dear Family Members,

Running the kitchen tap, turning it off but not all the way thus allowing a dribble of water to emerge in consistent increments constitutes a horr-f*cking-iffic crime in my book as it is undoubtedly the most irritating noise ever made. Since my repeated protests have fallen on deaf ears (as has, evidently, the sound of the bloody tap), I am now giving my concern added weight by addressing the issue online in the slim chance that one of you will stumble upon this forum, this thread, this post, and realise that jefreywithonef is indeed your distressed and beloved brother, father and son. He recommends that you twist or turn the tap in a more firm manner, quelling completely the flow of water. It will also quell his bitching and sudden forays into the third-person narrative.

Yours pleadingly,
    jefreywithonef.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Dear universe,

It appears that I'm actually doing ok right now, and somehow I suspect I may be happier now than pretty much anytime ever before. So cheers for all that. But I warn you; this better not be yet another fucking false dawn. I've had too many of them already as it is. Just let things be ok this time and don't ever let me get that depressed again. Please?

Oh and help me keep that bit of weight I've lost off. Junk food and laziness are just so damn tempting...

Yours (ever so slightly) optimistically,

The hopeless guy who finally might be getting his life on track.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Nal

Dear me,

the possibility of you been in too far is gaining ground.

regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭OhMSGlive

Dear Parents,

I am looking for a job.
    I am researching how to lose weight.
    I am constantly saving up money for this repeat exam.
    Now kindly f*ck off and stop hassling me about these unless you're actually going to help me do these things instead of moaning about them.

Love,
    Your son,
    OhMSG.

Dear Assorted Members of my Family,

It would be nice if you didn't feel it necessary to remind me in EVERY conversation we have that I have repeat exams. I'm aware of it. I'm aware of how much of an idiot I am, so I don't need you to remind me. I'm also aware of how expensive it will be if/when I fail these repeats. The constant reminders are not necessary, and rather than being motivational, your words only serve to send me deeper and deeper into a depressed state which will make me unable to do anything.

So in short, let me the f*ck alone.

With love,
    wnolan1992

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Dear people who set the papers for Leaving Cert English,

Never got your reply, must have gotten lost in the post or something. Anyway, I forgive you for not telling me who was coming up - that was pretty much the best possible set of poets ever! I had been hoping (assuming it would never happen) that Plath and Heaney wouldn't come up (because half the country had only studied Plath and/or Heaney), and I studied the female poets so I would have been delighted with Boland, Rich or even Plath. And what did you do, but grant me both wishes and give me a poet to write on AND leave Heaney and Plath off the paper! <3

Love you,
    Togepi xoxo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Dear A,

We fell out of stupid things and I hate myself for it. I cry almost every night because you won't forgive me for my dumbass mistake. I feel like **** over it, but tbh I don't think you're being fair. You say you'll never forgive me, I accept this and say that there's isn't much more I can do. You then attacked me for giving up on us!? Tell me what to do to make things right, please. I miss you. I need my best friend back. I love you.

From N.

Dear crush,

Not that you'd ever guess this but I have a crush on you. A major crush on you. Like super stalker crush. I think about you constantly and just wish you felt the same. I'm not even sure why I like you. Remember that time you said people always fall for a d**khead? Well, I think you might be right. Anyways, I know you'll never feel the same but it's never going to make stop liking you.

From N.

Dear Dad,

I hate you. You walked out on me and mam. How could you? And then you have the cheek and ignorance to ask me to forgive you with a birthday card and fifty euros? Not a chance. I'll never forgive you and I don't want anything to do with you. I'm disgusted to come from your genes.

From your son.

Dear Mam & Step-Dad,

I love ye both, but tbf you're really tough on me. The endless amount of times ye make me cry and feel **** is ridiculous. Everytime a report card comes out you never notice the As and just complain about the Cs and Bs. Ye only trust me when it suits ye and can be very limiting to what ye let me do. Like next Friday night when I want to stay at friends for their birthday, your immediate reaction was no. That is just unfair. Still, ye looked after me and I know ye just have my best interest at heart but sometimes ye can be real ***holes.

From your son.

Dear ex-Bestfriend,

You changed so much. It hurts me to say the very least. I want you back, the old you. I miss our secret jokes and great memories. Also, I want you to dump that boyfriend of yours, he's a douche and not one single one of your friends like him. Be nicer to people too and top being so up yourself. Also, you're a bit two faced, just saying. Anyways, I miss you like hell and love you still, come back to me?

From N.

Dear Bestfriend,

I hate that you're depressed. It kills me inside. The fact that my bestfriend attempted suicide twice scared the **** out of me. I had a slight breakdown. I just want you to be happy. You always get mad that I don't talk to you about my problems but that's because I'm too busy trying to make yours go away. I love you and I need to get better. You've stopped cutting and I've noticed a great improvement in your mood. Also, I'm not going to lie, I nosed through your diary. All looks good :D Oh and quit the fags.

Love N.

Well that's my letters for now. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    I nosed through your diary.

Speaking as someone who keeps a diary (I'm so cool)...

you what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Slow Show wrote: »
    Speaking as someone who keeps a diary (I'm so cool)...

you what?
    You really need to be careful with a suicidal best friend..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Bazinga_N wrote: »
    You really need to be careful with a suicidal best friend..
    How would your friend feel if they know you were invading their privacy? I understand you're worried, but if you get caught your friend may feel very betrayed, and they need to be able to trust you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

P,

Dote, why am I missing you at this hour? I keep finding comments on photo albums and stuff on facebook from you. I had forgotten how much we actually used to talk.
    I think you'd laugh if you saw the conversations that were happening this evening, actually, you'd probably give the two of us a kick and tell us to cop onto ourselves - and then diss our arts degrees just for kicks.
    I think you'd approve though. At least, I hope so. Fight our corner up there please.
    Hope M is treating you well.

Love, L.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Out of sheer boredom. :)

To, some guy who happens to own my heart...
    I don't wanna fight, I just want to see you healthy and okay. Maybe I never was good enough for you, but I'll love you each day that comes. I hope that someday you'll realise that all I ever wanted for you was to be happy, and I truly never meant to hurt you, ever. I just hope that someday, you'll finally believe me. We had our more than good times, you're incredible. The only regret I have was hurting you, I'm sorry. I love you...

True story. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 497 ✭✭Hairycopper

Dear A,

I barely know you a year and i can't believe how close we have become, you mean so much to me than i could ever put down on paper or type. You seriously are the funniest person ever and you've been through crappy times and just get on with it.

But sometimes you don't realize how stubborn and sometimes, i know you don't mean it and you'd feel terrible if you knew how your 'jokey comment' can really hurt at times. Even if i want to *smash your face in the wall when you're being stubborn and *gauge your eyes out with a blunt rusty knife i still love you bbz:*

Love, L

* clearly i would obviously never ever do that but you know, i can imagine it sometimes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Dear S,

You cannot imagine how hurt I am by what you said. You told me you would not lose any friends over this. You told me everything would be okay. I cried in your arms and I believed you when you said you'd always be my best friend. If you even had to courage to say it to my face it'd be one thing but you didn't. You don't. Instead you tell other people you have "no interest in being my friend". And how did I find this out? When I was defending you, because that's what we do, what we've always done, we defend each other no matter what. Stay friends no matter what. We've went through so much together and no matter what you did or said to anyone I was still your friend and stuck by you.

Please just talk TO me not ABOUT me.

I really never thought things would be this way...

Your "best friend",
    Aoifey.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Dear neighbor who's bathroom faces my bedroom window,

I think we're both aware by now that the glass in that window is not the appropriate obscured kind commonly used for bathrooms, but instead is just a normal window. To be frank, you are neither attractive, nor young, so I don't have a great desire to see that much of you. Ever.
    Please buy a curtain before I write this out and stick it through your letterbox.

Yours sincerely
    Your neighbor who wants some brain bleach

• Registered Users Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Leftyflip

Dear customers,
    it's obvious that we open at 10. Not half nine which is when I get in. Please don't keep calling and calling and calling - I've enough stuff to do...

Yours,
    A fairly overworked Lefty.

:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Leftyflip wrote: »
    Dear customers,
    it's obvious that we open at 10. Not half nine which is when I get in. Please don't keep calling and calling and calling - I've enough stuff to do...

Yours,
    A fairly overworked Lefty.

:P

To add to this...:D Dear customers, when you walk in at 4.58 and ask what time I close at, and I say 5, please do not spend the next half hour wandering around aimlessly, while repeating "Oh I don't want to keep you, sure you're closing" and then leaving with a "Oh well I was just looking around today, I don't even have any money on me!" ...some day I will throw something at you.

Another overworked C&H'r :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

Dear,
    Physics & science

Im so lonely! But i think i found the perfect person but the live 4,000 miles away and it really sucks. Not to mention you're constantly throwing love in my face and each day i try to brush it off until i find someone, But each day you make it harder and harder and i guess your just waiting for me to snap.. personally i dont want that but i'll fight it. surely there is an atom out there closer to home why cant you send them my way give me a positive charge.

yours,
    The guy with the sappy slowly dying heart.

Dear whoever controls my Karma these days,

Please let this thing I'm about to buy actually work out... cannot afford for it to go tits up. :worriedface:

Cheers bbz!
    wnolan1992

• Registered Users Posts: 1,625 ✭✭✭Stuck Cone

Dear neighbor who's bathroom faces my bedroom window,

I think we're both aware by now that the glass in that window is not the appropriate obscured kind commonly used for bathrooms, but instead is just a normal window. To be frank, you are attractive, and young, so I have a great desire to see you
    Please never buy curtains, and keep masturbating until all hours of the night as you usually do, and invite me to your sex parties

Yours sincerely
    Your neighbor who wants some loving

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Dear boards / C&H,

I have been neglecting you, I apologise. I shall get internet connection and continue posting soon. I miss you.

Lots of love,
    Aoifey!

Advertisement