Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logic 9 hyper threading

Options
  • 11-11-2011 2:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hey,

Has anyone here used hyperthreading in Logic 9? Does Logic perform better with it on or off?

The reason I ask is that I'm trying to decide between a i5 and i7 processor.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Rockshamrover

I have an i5 imac, running Logic 9 on it.
    What's the hyper threading thing?

Generally the i5 is grand for running L9.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Hard to say I'd imagine but it will help if the application supports it. i5 is more than enough power though, it would be grand unless you're really doing a crazy amount of processing.

Get the i5 which is relatively cheap and next year when the new Intel processors come out, you can opt to upgrade as they use the same socket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

It automatically opens and closes threads by default as it needs them, unless you specify a particular amount. I think it only really matters when you are talking about 8 and 12 core machines and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭madtheory

Anima wrote: »
    Get the i5 which is relatively cheap and next year when the new Intel processors come out, you can opt to upgrade as they use the same socket.
    That's very cool. Although the i5 is so powerful, there isn't really any need I think. I've barely reached 20% in Pro Tools, even with to IR verbs and several instances of Kontakt, Melodyne and Structure.

The problem now is that there are no limits! :) Of course that can change with OS updates...

Advertisement