Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Finnish Lapphund

• 11-11-2011 2:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43

Have been waiting to get a dog for ages, and will get one in the new year.

I like the look of and sound of the finnish lapphund, just wondering if anyone has one or had an experience with one? they dont seem to be very plentiful

Thanks!

220px-Finnish_Lapphund_Glenchess_Revontuli.jpg

P.FinnishLapphund.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Myyra

I've had one when I was younger, also friends and family have had quite a few over the years. They are lovely dogs, keen on barking tho, so I coulnt recommend getting one in urban enviroment!

They are incredibly smart, very quick to learn and clever with locks so be carefull! Their coat is really thick, so usually the ones I've known have gotten really anxious inside as it gets way to warm for them. They absolutely love snow and will pull a slead with a kid in it no problem!
    Usually they are fairly healthy too, the ones I've know have lived to be 12-14 yeards old, no major health concerns that I'd know of either. Training is fairly easy, some of them are really food motivated but they can be very stubborn, especially the males!

If you're looking to get a puppy best of luck with it, I don't know of any breeders in Ireland that would breed them, there are few in Uk I believe?

Advertisement