Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know the Outgoing SMTP for EMOBILE???

Options
  • 11-11-2011 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭

I am trying to set up email on my new phone from eMobile. I run into problems when it comes to connecting to the SMTP with the phone giving the error "cannot connect to server".

Here's my set-up:

Mobile provider: eMobile

Email provider: Register 365

Mobile Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2

I'd be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction.

PS. I have spent hours on hold trying to get through to eMobile customer support. I have never actually got through despite staying on hold for over an hour on one call.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

strongback wrote: »
    I am trying to set up email on my new phone from eMobile. I run into problems when it comes to connecting to the SMTP with the phone giving the error "cannot connect to server".

Here's my set-up:

PS. I have spent hours on hold trying to get through to eMobile customer support. I have never actually got through despite staying on hold for over an hour on one call.

mail1.eircom.net

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

strongback wrote: »

Here's my set-up:

mail1.eircom.net

That doesn't work unfortunately with a Register 365 account.

I called into an emobile shop and the guy there was very helpful.

He couldn't give me the SMTP that would work with Register 365 and advised me to contact Register365 directly.

He did however give me a work around routing my Register365 email address through gmail.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭Rsaeire

I know for years Meteor, which in turn will affect eMobile, only had one mail server as they kept the antiquated setup they had from years before so couldn't offer a viable solution for customers looking to setup incoming and outgoing mail and have it work successfully on their devices; this is the reason why there are so many workarounds available online.

Unless this has changed recently, workarounds are all you can use unfortunately. With that said, I didn't have any issues with sending mail using Meteor when I setup several POP3 accounts, including Gmail; however, your mileage will most likely vary.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭strongback

Rsaeire wrote: »
    I know for years Meteor, which in turn will affect eMobile, only had one mail server as they kept the antiquated setup they had from years before so couldn't offer a viable solution for customers looking to setup incoming and outgoing mail and have it work successfully on their devices; this is the reason why there are so many workarounds available online.

Unless this has changed recently, workarounds are all you can use unfortunately. With that said, I didn't have any issues with sending mail using Meteor when I setup several POP3 accounts, including Gmail; however, your mileage will most likely vary.

Thanks for that. I will give Register 365 a call on Monday to see if they have an SMTP that is compatible with eMobile but I suspect they will pass the buck back to eMobile.

I'm going to check to see if adding a Register 365 Email address to a Gmail account gives full syncing with my PC and that everything is fully mapped.

Advertisement