Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Bundle question

Options
  • 11-11-2011 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

I was just wondering about the eircom bundle. I was pondering getting it.
    It says it includes VAT.
    The vat is got by doing the following( as seen on eircom bill)

Your eircom package charges (Which is Broadband in my case)
    +
    Your service charges (Line rental in my case)
    +
    Your call charges
    VAT = 21% of the sum of the above.

Seeing as the call charges can vary in cost, I was wondering does the Bundle also cover the VAT of the call charges?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Pangea wrote: »
    I was just wondering about the eircom bundle. I was pondering getting it.
    It says it includes VAT.
    The vat is got by doing the following( as seen on eircom bill)

Your eircom package charges (Which is Broadband in my case)
    +
    Your service charges (Line rental in my case)
    +
    Your call charges
    VAT = 21% of the sum of the above.

Seeing as the call charges can vary in cost, I was wondering does the Bundle also cover the VAT of the call charges?

Hi Pangea,

All bundle prices - http://bit.ly/tDDoBw Are iclusive of Vat (at 21%)

All bundle prices also include line rental.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Thanks Mark.
    Well my point is that the some of the VAT is calculated at the moment in my non bundle bill by taking 21% of the total call charges.

My Q is , is this still the case if I have the bundle or is the VAT all paid for in the bundle price regardless of the total call charges..

Also if i do want to opt into a bundle, what's the best way of doing it, online? I already have Eircom NGB.
    One more question if I do get a bundle, is it still possible to get mobile phone numbers blocked? (I think a bundle would still work out cheaper even if I had mobile phones blocked than having no bundle)

Thanks Mark.
    Well my point is that the some of the VAT is calculated at the moment in my non bundle bill by taking 21% of the total call charges.

My Q is , is this still the case if I have the bundle or is the VAT all paid for in the bundle price regardless of the total call charges..

Hi Pangea,

Apologies, I misunderstood.

All calls that are included as part of the talktime package / bundle will be inclusive of the bundle price.

Any calls that are not included in the talktime package. Will be charged seperately and 21% vat is charged for every call outside the package.

Thanks, Mark

Also if i do want to opt into a bundle, what's the best way of doing it, online? I already have Eircom NGB.
    One more question if I do get a bundle, is it still possible to get mobile phone numbers blocked? (I think a bundle would still work out cheaper even if I had mobile phones blocked than having no bundle)

Hi Pangea,

Yes placing the order online has the six month promotial rate so it is better to order it online.

Please note, adding or changing your bundle package will incur in a new 12 month contract.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi Pangea,

Apologies, I misunderstood.

All calls that are included as part of the talktime package / bundle will be inclusive of the bundle price.

Any calls that are not included in the talktime package. Will be charged seperately and 21% vat is charged for every call outside the package.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks very much that answers my Q nicely.

What about the mobile phone barring ,is it still possible if one has a bundle?

Thanks very much that answers my Q nicely.

What about the mobile phone barring ,is it still possible if one has a bundle?

Hi Pangea,

Yes, you can still keep the mobile barring on the account if you decide to go on a bundle package.

Thanks, Mark

Thanks.
    I noticed on the finer details of the bundle package the following :

30 FREE any network, anytime mobile minutes

Outside of this calls to mobiles will be charged at 21.91c per minute

International call costs

20c per minute calls to US and UK landlines
    30c per minute calls to UK mobiles
    35c per minute calls to near Europe and mid-Europe
    75c per minute calls to near Europe and mid-Europe mobiles

Does this mean the price is constant for calls that are not included in the bundle? i.e. off peak and on peak calls are the one fixed price.

Thanks.
    I noticed on the finer details of the bundle package the following :

30 FREE any network, anytime mobile minutes

Outside of this calls to mobiles will be charged at 21.91c per minute

International call costs

20c per minute calls to US and UK landlines
    30c per minute calls to UK mobiles
    35c per minute calls to near Europe and mid-Europe
    75c per minute calls to near Europe and mid-Europe mobiles

Does this mean the price is constant for calls that are not included in the bundle? i.e. off peak and on peak calls are the one fixed price.

Hi Pangea,

Yes those are the fixed prices for those calls if you go on the talktime / bundle package.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement