Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor increase price of phones on upgrade

Options
  • 11-11-2011 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Few weeks ago I was pricing an upgrade on meteor in my local shop. I was looking at HTC Sensation and Samsung Galaxy SII.

On the plan im on (Smart 35) they told me €150 for upgrade handset.

I decided to wait to the release of the HTC Sensation XL (today) and I rang back and they told me the Sensation and Galaxy SII are now €199 and the new Sensation XL is €229.

That is a joke. How can they justify putting up the prices like that when a newer phone is released.

Im strongly thinking of moving away from Meteor at the moment.

Matt
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

All networks review and update prices monthly.
    They dont have to justify it to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭jimmyendless

optimus1 wrote: »
    All networks review and update prices monthly.
    They dont have to justify it to anyone.

haha, the older the hardware gets, the cheaper it becomes normally, they have upped there upgrade prices, now its the same as someone that just walks off the street.

I thought the point of an upgrade was that you get a discount cause of loyalty?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Maybe they just bumped the prices for xmas and then will drop it again. either way, Im not upgrading with the current prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,443 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

if you are on an 18 month contract can you get an upgrade after 12 months or do you have to wait the 18 months?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Gotta wait!

• Advertisement
Advertisement