Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Jailbreak Apple Tv Dublin ??

• 11-11-2011 4:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 496 ✭✭

Is there anywhere in Dublin that I can take my Apple Tv2 to jailbreak it ???

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in Dublin that I can take my Apple Tv2 to jailbreak it ???

Thanks

Its very easy to do. Have a look on youtube for step by step instructions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭soundsham

I had about 10+ goes at it with my computer and it failed,
    could have been usb cable,or windows vista or something else but it didnt run smooth
    asked a few q's here to make sure i wasnt doing something wrong,it was going to dfu mode but wouldnt restore if i remember correctly
    did my nut :confused:
    luckily somebody here did it for me
    hope you get someone to do you a favour
    unfortunately it was in cork

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,127 ✭✭✭kjl

What firmware is it running?

if it hasn't been updated to the latest firmware then you need to save the shsh blobs with iFaith and create a custom signed IPSW file

then restore as normal, you are probably encountering a signing error and as such you won't be able to hack it yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

The jailbreak won't work on Vista. I ran into the exact same issue. Use XP or W7.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

kjl wrote: »
    if it hasn't been updated to the latest firmware then you need to save the shsh blobs with iFaith and create a custom signed IPSW file .

Oh this sounds EASY !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Bump!!

Being trying all day today since i got it but to no avail error code after error code on itunes when trying to restore anyone in the Dublin 13 area or surrounding area that has jailbroken one before that wouldnt mind having a crack at mine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

markc91 wrote: »
    Bump!!

Being trying all day today since i got it but to no avail error code after error code on itunes when trying to restore anyone in the Dublin 13 area or surrounding area that has jailbroken one before that wouldnt mind having a crack at mine?

hi im in d11 area drop me a pm And ill try help iv jailbroken about 20 at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Horror nights

Lads I need a bitta help too. Jailbreak done, but when I tried install nito tv and xbmc, the commands just showed up errors.
    I tried restoring it again to factory settings through the atv2 itself but it failed. And at this stage I am gonna f##k it out the window. :mad:

Would love some help. Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Lads I need a bitta help too. Jailbreak done, but when I tried install nito tv and xbmc, the commands just showed up errors.
    I tried restoring it again to factory settings through the atv2 itself but it failed. And at this stage I am gonna f##k it out the window. :mad:

What part of the country are you in?

• Advertisement

What part of the country are you in?

I'm in Dublin mate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Post the errors and you'll get some help. Post a link to the guide you're using also. Probably a typo somewhere. Also what version is your atv at?

Thanks for the replies lads. But I got sorted.
    massy086 sorted me out. Anyone else with problems hit him up. This lad knows his stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 cinuszek

i need a help with my apple tv 2. i try everything to jailbreak it but still nothing...

I'm in Dublin 3!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭massy086

cinuszek wrote: »
    i need a help with my apple tv 2. i try everything to jailbreak it but still nothing...

I'm in Dublin 3!

Send me a pm I should be able to sort it out

Advertisement