Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Market for older PC games?

Options
  • 11-11-2011 4:28pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have been trying to make some room and have started clearing some shelves. DVDs have been reassigned to 200 pack CD wallets, books are being sold to Chapters for pittance or will go to a charity shop, but I also need to get rid of my PC games. I am just wondering if there is any market out there for purchasing though, as I would expect the value to be low and when you combine it with postage costs, it may not be worth it.

I will probably just put them in the attic for future possible use, but thought I would check with the community to see if it would be worth putting them up on adverts. I have included a pic of most of the games to give an idea of the type . To think I actually had an original copy of Civilisation 1 on floppy disk that I binned when I was a nipper, now that might have been worth something.

181041.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

I used to have alot of those games but really have no idea where they are.

I'd probably buy call of duty and doom 3 ifyou put them up on adverts as I still have my discs for both expansions (united offensive and resurrection of evil) but they are useless without the original games :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I'd defo buy vice city if you're selling, itching to play it again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

From my experiences on Adverts it's hard to shift old PC games, even newer ones. CEX will take them off you but I'd imagine the prices wont be anything worth gettign excited about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

penev10 wrote: »
    From my experiences on Adverts it's hard to shift old PC games, even newer ones. CEX will take them off you but I'd imagine the prices wont be anything worth gettign excited about.

Im in the same situation as the OP and checked the CEX website, only took 8 of my 100 or so games, and even then it was only old Sims and CoD games :(

Best you could try do is find a local car boot sale, set a small stand and try sell em off cheap there.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Thanks for the replies folks, reckon I'll put a list together and put them up on adverts. Sure any notes will help fund the new pc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

could you post the link to the ad here when its up

Advertisement