Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What would have happened if the Nazi's had won?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Force136

I was going to say Ireland would have then been full of Nazis.

But you guys invited them in anyway.

Thankfully we defeated them, no thanks to Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Wouldn't have lasted long imo. Imperial overstretch and all that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Force136 wrote: »

You're Russian then, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,133 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

We would be living in the stone age again, due to the nuclear war that would have ensued as the Germans and Americans fought for control of the seas and subsequent control of world trade (which the Americans gained as a result of WWII).

The Americans wouldn't have transported 3500 tons of German scientific research and patents out of Germany (which they did in reality), and would have missed out big-time on that one.

The Americans would have had rockets raining down on them until they threw in the towel, and the Reichsmark would have been the world currency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Zebra3 wrote: »
    Good guys? What planet are you on?

Have you any ideas about the crimes committed by the USSR on its own people?

The genocide commited in the US on the native population? US crimes in Vietnam?

And won't even mention those carried out by the French and British empires. :rolleyes:

There'd be nothing on the History Channel.

As bad as all those acts were, none of them created industrialised death camps on the scale of the nazis. They exterminated 6 million people despite waging a war on all fronts, imagine if they could turn more resources to it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Hey, don't blame us. I was born in 1960. And some Irishmen joined the allied forces to do their bit.

Zebra3 wrote: »
    You're Russian then, yeah?
    British.

Two world wars.

The first you spent fellating the Germans and trying to use their war against us, as a distraction for your bombing campaign.

The second one you decided to 'remain neutral' - and by that I mean you sat on the sidelines cheering the Germans and then allowed in the Nazi war criminals to live in Ireland.

My, what a wonderful and rich history Ireland has. <puke>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,342 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

i would be emperor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

As bad as all those acts were, none of them created industrialised death camps on the scale of the nazis. They exterminated 6 million people despite waging a war on all fronts, imagine if they could turn more resources to it?

Stalin killed an estd. 20 million Russians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

My leaving cert. History teacher told us that had Hitler won, he had plans to turn Ireland into a large concentration camp. Dont know how true that is though.

Just like Leeson St.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It's amazing how brainwashed people are that they only think of that figure cos it's associated with the number of jewish deaths. Conveniently forgotten are Germans, Poles, the disabled, Soviet PoWs and the Roma amongst others.

The fact that the others didn't kill people in that way doesn't make them good guys. Maybe not as evil, but defo not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

The Nazis did have there good points, there uniforms were cool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,362 ✭✭✭mojesius

44leto wrote: »
    The Nazis did have there good points, there uniforms were cool.

Best of the bunch by far.

British.

Two world wars.

The first you spent fellating the Germans and trying to use their war against us, as a distraction for your bombing campaign.

The second one you decided to 'remain neutral' - and by that I mean you sat on the sidelines cheering the Germans and then allowed in the Nazi war criminals to live in Ireland.

Who were all these war criminals? The Americans in particular probably let an awful lot more go, in exchange for information, than ever ended up in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Call of Duty would have British and US army zombies instead of Nazi zombies and it would still be ****e.

• Advertisement

To be fair, the attitudes of many Irish with regards to Jews and Israel can only really be considered a ball-hair away from the Nazis.

So I guess it kind of makes sense for the Irish to have invited the Nazis in to stay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

To be fair, the attitudes of many Irish with regards to Jews and Israel can only really be considered a ball-hair away from the Nazis.

So I guess it kind of makes sense for the Irish to have invited the Nazis in to stay.

Was wondering how long it would take before someone equated anti-Semitism with anti-Zionism... :rolleyes:

You haven't answered my question yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Jopari87

Germany would control Europe and Prince Harry would be wearing a Nazi uniform.

So the world would be the same I'd guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Who were all these war criminals? The Americans in particular probably let an awful lot more go, in exchange for information, than ever ended up in Ireland.

A couple ended up in Ireland Andrija_Artuković is one of them, he used some rather generous help from the state to gain a false ID so he could flee to the States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Célestin_Lainé is another, more of a collaborator than an outright NAZI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

I hope someone does another of those posts " We would all be ...... ...... And Germany would control Europe - oh wait they do"

Them be hilarious 😏

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Adolph would be a popular first name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 214 ✭✭unfortunately

TheZohan wrote: »
    I'm not sure, but I do know the punchline is "ann frankly I won't stand for it".

Ahh now, that's Göring too far.

mike65 wrote: »
    A couple ended up in Ireland Andrija_Artuković is one of them, he used some rather generous help from the state to gain a false ID so he could flee to the States

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Célestin_Lainé is another, more of a collaborator than an outright NAZI

I knew about those, but was expecting a list of thousands from Force136, showing the hardest nazi war criminals known to mankind.

Siuin wrote: »
    Was wondering how long it would take before someone equated anti-Semitism with anti-Zionism...
    Ah yes, that old chestnut. The perfect alibi - "anti-Zionist"

"What me? a racist? of course not. I am merely aiming all my ire and bile at the Jewish state because I am anti-Zionist...you see."

Yeah, there was a brotha back in the day who had some views on that. You might recognise him.
    You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist.' And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth.

"Antisemitism, the hatred of the Jewish people, has been and remains a blot on the soul of mankind. In this we are in full agreement. So know also this: anti-Zionist is inherently antisemitic, and ever will be so.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

And before anyone pipes up about this being a 'hoax' quote, it was in his official biography and reflected his personal view.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭al28283

British.

Two world wars.

And the British have a much more admirable record as far as history goes?

Didn't you just get banned from another forum for this ****?

"What me? a racist? of course not. I am merely aiming all my ire and bile at the Jewish state because I am anti-Zionist...you see."

Yeah, there was a brotha back in the day who had some views on that. You might recognise him.

And before anyone pipes up about this being a 'hoax' quote, it was in his official biography and reflected his personal view.

How do you explain Jewish led ''anti-Zionist'' movements ?

I think you've posted in the wrong thread.

al28283 wrote: »
    And the British have a much more admirable record as far as history goes?

Didn't you just get banned from another forum for this ****?
    We've invented so much, created so much, exported so much.

Let me know when you guys achieve a millionth of what we achieved. Scores of countries base their society, legal system and democracy on us.

The British are an amazing people. Amazing.

And the Jews/Israelis out perform you in every avenue too.

That's got to sting. Every people you fight against, are better and more productive than you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Let me know when you guys achieve a millionth of what we achieved. Scores of countries base their society, legal system and democracy on us.

That's got to sting. Every people you fight against, are better and more productive than you.

Remind me, why are you posting on an Irish internet forum ? When you are clearly prejudiced against all things Irish - it makes no sense.

• Advertisement

psychward wrote: »
    How do you explain Jewish led ''anti-Zionist'' movements ?
    What? a group of around 200 fruitcakes?

How do you explain child abuse, sectarianism, withholding passports of pregnant women and bringing in blasphemy laws in the 21st century?

...and it all got pissed away:(

Morlar wrote: »
    Remind me, why are you posting on an Irish internet forum ? When you are clearly prejudiced against all things Irish - it makes no sense.
    I'm just chilling out. Seeing what the enemy are up to. Seeing the bile you're posting. How much money you're being handed to keep you afloat.

Just watching and learning. So far, you've matched my expectations of being pretty grotesque.

I'm just chilling out. Seeing what the enemy are up to. Seeing the bile you're posting. How much money you're being handed to keep you afloat.

Just watching and learning. So far, you've matched my expectations of being pretty grotesque.

Another infantile post.

Nah, doesn't bother me much. Inventing and Exporting doesn't let you off the hook for the hundreds of years of colonisation and genocide your amazing race has inflicted upon the world.

Take care, and try find something more productive to do with your time

:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

'Force' you so funny guy:rolleyes:

Was wondering how long it would take before someone equated anti-Semitism with anti-Zionism... :rolleyes:

You declare, my friend, that you do not hate the Jews, you are merely 'anti-Zionist.' And I say, let the truth ring forth from the high mountain tops, let it echo through the valleys of God's green earth: When people criticize Zionism, they mean Jews--this is God's own truth.

"Antisemitism, the hatred of the Jewish people, has been and remains a blot on the soul of mankind. In this we are in full agreement. So know also this: anti-Zionist is inherently antisemitic, and ever will be so.

Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Another infantile post.

I agree. That guy is not very inclusive at all and seems to enjoy trying to use insults to set people who don't even have an opinion or care about his pet subjects against one another.

It's a great shame that such a happy-go-lucky "what would have happened if the Nazis had won" thread, turned into pure poison, thanks to the poison posts.:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Madam

psychward wrote: »
    I agree. That guy is not very inclusive at all and seems to enjoy trying to use insults to set people who don't even have an opinion or care about his pet subjects against one another.

Yet, you all answer his stupid posts:confused:

Madam wrote: »
    'Force' you so funny guy:rolleyes:

He reminds me of what would happen if keith and fred ever had a lovechild together.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭jakobgallagher

My needle's stuck......

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Morlar wrote: »

Trolling and I am sad to see so many people take the bait.

Madam wrote: »
    Yet, you all answer his stupid posts:confused:

nahhh I only asked one question which had long interested me and I wasn't satisfied with the quality of the answer so am basically done. This thread is supposed to be about a totally different topic anyway. Those types of hatefest debates exist in thousands of threads across the internet already.

• Advertisement

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Trolling and I am sad to see so many people take the bait.

I know that too just a bit bored afore hometime. Stupid thread anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

I've already spent a whole thread trying to enlighten someone else, so I will keep this brief: Judaism is a religion, Zionism is a political ideology. You don't need to be a Jew to be a Zionist. You don't need to be a Zionist to be a Jew. People have legitimate concerns about Zionism, and if you knew a scrap of history you would understand why. Israelis can't continue to pull the anti-Semite card every time someone criticises their governmental policies.

Lads, could you tell me what you guys do? like as a nation, what do you actually achieve/produce/innovate.

I'm not going to go down the route of asking about potatoes etc because that's just a terrible stereotype.

What does Ireland do? I mean, other than whinge and go about with a begging bowl in Europe relying on the Great British nation to keep you afloat.

More of the same.

:D

I've already spent a whole thread trying to enlighten someone else, so I will keep this brief: Judaism is a religion, Zionism is a political ideology. You don't need to be a Jew to be a Zionist. You don't need to be a Zionist to be a Jew. People have legitimate concerns about Zionism, and if you knew a scrap of history you would understand why. Israelis can't continue to pull the anti-Semite card every time someone criticises their governmental policies.

Force knows everything about the Jews, haven't you heard? He's been to Israel

• Advertisement
Advertisement