Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dirt in shower head

• 11-11-2011 5:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭

I've a Triton t90 shower head which fills up regularly with bits of dirt from the shower head. This ruins the pressure/heat and I've the clean the shower head once or twice a week. Is there anyway to prevent this? Is there a different type of shower head I can buy?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 816 ✭✭✭Opinicus

there should ba a filter where the water connects to the shower. check that. put a cover on the tank in the attic which feeds the shower also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Have a look into your attic tank , it might need to be cleaned out , and if there is no lid on it get one fitted , also if its an old galvanised one get it replaced with a plastic one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

Is it light in colour? This could be limescale, which a soak in some vinegar will really help with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

My attic was recently converted and the tank is covered. My house is relatively new so I think think the tank is old.

What should I soak in vinegar, the shower head? It looks like grains of dirt. I am no electrician, is it easy to check where the water connects to shower?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

What you can do is push a pce of pex or copper right through the tank connector and angle it slightly so that it only draws clean water. I imagine whats wrong is your shower has been connected to low and is drawing all the sh1t from your tank.

Its an easy enough fix if you have confidence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭aah yes

Use a tub of 350 ml Citric BP powder (food grade mildly acidic) dissolved in attic tank, very cheap available from most chemists from 3 euros.

Leave for 2 hours, stir, flush out and refill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

gws wrote: »
    Use a tub of 350 ml Citric BP powder (food grade mildly acidic) dissolved in attic tank, very cheap available from most chemists from 3 euros.

Leave for 2 hours, stir, flush out and refill.

Bottle of vinager or bag of lemons...Much cheaper and you can use the left over.

Advertisement