Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BenQ G2420HD - any good?

Options
  • 11-11-2011 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Thread title says it all really, is this monitor any good? I would be using it for some PC gaming, Development work and also with my PS3. Does anyone have any experience with this or with BenQ monitors in general? I have a 21" LG monitor that I really liked but its going to my brother and I'm getting a new one, and was really hoping to get something a small bit bigger without having to pay too much extra.

Any comments/ advice would be a great help! Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 4,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭deconduo

Hi there,
    Thread title says it all really, is this monitor any good? I would be using it for some PC gaming, Development work and also with my PS3. Does anyone have any experience with this or with BenQ monitors in general? I have a 21" LG monitor that I really liked but its going to my brother and I'm getting a new one, and was really hoping to get something a small bit bigger without having to pay too much extra.

Any comments/ advice would be a great help! Thanks!

I haven't used it myself but I've seen quite a few people recommending it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Yeah, I love the BenQ ones I have.
    Amazon gives it 4 1/2 star and is a good spot for checking other peoples reviews of it;
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/BenQ-G2420HD-Widescreen-Response-1920x1080/dp/B002M1FH2Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321040867&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Thanks guys.
    Yeah one of my mates has a previous-gen BenQ and loves it, I just wanted to see what the consensus was, even the user reviews on dabs were good too so I think I'll go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭cocoshovel

Komplett have an acer one thats pretty much the same for a tad bit cheaper. Was thinking of getting it when I saw this thread.

Compared to the BenQ one which do you think would be bettter? I don't know anything about Acer really.

http://komplett.ie/Komplett/product/ZKB_04RAND/16_MONITOR/01_MONITOR/productdetails/80003788/Acer_24_G245HQBID_LCD_2ms_VGA_DVI_HDMI/ET_UG5HE_019/default.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Personally I'd avoid the Acer one, just my opinion mind you.
    I've seen some with dead pixels and they're usually of poorer build quality as compared to BenQ.

I've had 4 24" BenQ's in the last few years and all are still going strong,
    not one dead pixel or any other problems of note.

• Advertisement

yeah there is something about Acer that is making me hesitant. I was also just thinking of going for an Asus 22".
    24 inch would be lovely though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

I have this and it's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

BenQ have been around years and are probably the best monitor you can get on the market.

This year they have broken more mainstream as gaming tournaments have taken them on and have really exposed them. As such their prices have definitely seen a hike.

If I was buying tomorrow, I'd get a BenQ and consider nothing else. Although LG do very nice monitors aswell at good pricing. I've got one of each in the house and between the two there isnt much, although I'd learn to the BenQ .

I just saw the price on Dabs.ie, typical not keeping up with the rest of the world. That monitor is retailing now for ALOT more worldwide, so that my friend, is a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

TheDoc wrote: »
    BenQ have been around years and are probably the best monitor you can get on the market.

This year they have broken more mainstream as gaming tournaments have taken them on and have really exposed them. As such their prices have definitely seen a hike.

If I was buying tomorrow, I'd get a BenQ and consider nothing else. Although LG do very nice monitors aswell at good pricing. I've got one of each in the house and between the two there isnt much, although I'd learn to the BenQ .

I just saw the price on Dabs.ie, typical not keeping up with the rest of the world. That monitor is retailing now for ALOT more worldwide, so that my friend, is a bargain.
    Thanks very much for that.

I saw the price and thought that maybe it was a cheapo monitor, as the next one up with all of those features is an LG for €30 more IIRC. I went for it about an hour ago anyway so hopefully it'll be as good as I've heard!

Now all I need to do is get the cash together for a gaming rig :pac:

I was nearly going to buy that BenQ that op linked but in the end I went ahead and just got the Acer I linked earlier. I heard it was decent enough from a guy I know who has it.
    when I get it I might post some pics and do a small review. Might come in handy to someone, you never know.

• Advertisement
Advertisement