Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sudocream on spots/rash?

• 11-11-2011 6:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi i get quite a few nasty spots and rash from shaving :mad:
    Is it ok to rub Sudocream all over your face before bed will it help?
    I have heard lots of people saying sudocream swells the face but hasnt happend to me anyway?:)
    pudz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

My parter swears by Sudocrem for his shaving mishaps and any spots he might get. The swelling thing is a myth, IMO, I've never seen a baby's bum swell from using sudocrem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

shinikins wrote: »
    My parter swears by Sudocrem for his shaving mishaps and any spots he might get. The swelling thing is a myth, IMO, I've never seen a baby's bum swell from using sudocrem.

Lol me neither its good stuff:) only down side is when it gets on the pillow or sheets, very hard stuff to get out :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,842 ✭✭✭shinikins

Plain white pillow slip!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I knew a girl who as a teen used to cover her face with sudocreme every night (yes, manky pillowslips) and then said she couldn't stop because she's d get a break out if she did!! I don't know if there is any truth in that, but I have tried dabbing it on stops and it did help...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

never heard that with sudocreme but thats quite common with anti spot creams and stuff like that

- they clean the surface and create an internal barrier to keep the oils inside which prevents break-outs of spots....so if you dont use the product you get spots !! (so their claims of preventing spots ..is true)

getting spots is part of life, best method to reduce the risk of getting spots is cleaning your face/body more often (use a facecloth, use less make-up) spots are caused by a build up of oils (the body secretes them naturally)....keeping the pores (tiny holes in your skin) clear by regular/constant cleaning will result in fresher skin (of course eating healthy is a must in order to do this too)

if you eat healthy you produce less oils .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

pudzey101 wrote: »
    Lol me neither its good stuff:) only down side is when it gets on the pillow or sheets, very hard stuff to get out :)

And it smells lurllly. well it is intended for rash of a baby bum and they have the most delicate skin so id say its say to put on, i have done on many ocasions with cold sores

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭AG2R

I use it for any cuts or rashs on my face and it works without any side effects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 176 ✭✭Sashiee

sudocream is brilliant!
    the next best thing that my OH uses is my nivea cream in the night time, but it's mainly just for dry skin and he said the other day that he thinks it might be giving him the odd spot where he's not had before... so stick with good ole mammys sudo!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

I started using sudocream on spots after a German friend told me about it, and I find it great!
    But, I only found out today that it was developed in Dublin in the 30's, and is still made in Baldoyle!!!
    A great product, even better that it's Irish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

Sudocrem is fantastic for little nicks and spots, I used to put it on anywhere I cut while shaving when I was a novice teenager (and it was great), have always put it onto spots and have never had a problem. The pillow case issue can be solved by putting on an old one or by putting a towel over the pillow, it really is a pain to get out (have always wondered why washing powder companies don't use it as one of their "stains" when they are advertising - it's just as bad, if not worse on come fabrics, as lipstick!).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

It will soothe, although i think there are better creams for shaving rash.

For acne spots, toothpaste whooper. Felt like that was relevant some how/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

I've put sudocreme on little tiny bits of my face but I've heard (i know all hearsay) its not good for your face maybe its oily or your face skin is too sensitive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Thanks everyone :D ! i always put it on after shaving :) really good for rashes too, i play lots of sports so im used to it :) only downside is i have to put it on before bed as everyone be thinking im a ghost other wise walking around lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭Maglight

crushed aspirin mixed into a paste works well on difficult to shift spots.

I've also just discovered the wonders of seaweed on inflamed skin. If you live near the coast simply pick some fresh bladderwrack seaweed at low tide. Rinse it to remove sand, insects etc. Steep in hot water for a few minutes (it will turn bright green), then add to a bath. Sit in, soak and enjoy. Burst the the bubbles on the seaweed and rub the gel over your skin.

You skin will feel like silk afterwards. It's great for eczema and sore, inflamed skin. There are some companies that sell seaweed products but I prefer fresh if I can get it, and it's free

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Got given out to before by a nosy local for removing the seaweed from a beach (Garden fertillizer:)). They claimed it's illegal. Would love to try it though!

I've been using "sudo" since I was a teen, it's the shiz.

Any linux users ever think sudocream when they sudo? No? Just me? Nevermind.:o

Advertisement