Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My left eyebrow is gone!

• 11-11-2011 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭

On a major session last night,fell asleep on the couch and of course some lad thought it would be "a laugh" to shave off all my left eyebrow.I wouldnt mind but I have fairly heavy eyebrows so it is noticeable.Anyway did this happen to any of ye and how long until it fully grows back?:(
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

It won't grow back. The way it looks now is the way it will remain for the rest of your life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

youll look weird unless you get rid of the right one too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

Happened to me once, eyebrow growth...tricky...

In the end I had to shave off my second eyebrow because the first one wouldn't grow back and that was after a week. As soon as I shaved off the second one the two of them started to grow, only took two days then for them to grow back fully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Eyeliner pencil. No one will notice. Honest. You should add some artistic flair to the new one to compensate, give it a twirly end.

Befriend a caterpillar and let him sleep up there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭44leto

I bet you look stupid, I did when the bastards shaved it after I fell asleep after a session.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭ForeverYoung90

Sobering up now and Im getting worried that it wont grow back properly!:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

It won't, the only option is to glue a lock of your hair on in it's place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭Nodster

we shaved both eyebrows off a drunken mate at a party one night, when he woke up we told him to look in the mirror - he was surprised but it wasn't obovious :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,354 ✭✭✭✭endacl

phasers wrote: »
    It won't, the only option is to glue a lock of your hair on in it's place.
    I'm sure there are many many options! John McEnroe style headband? Pube transplant? C'mon people. Let's put our heads together here....

OP, are you sure it was your left one? The mirror does reverse an image.... Could have a bearing on the possible design of an eyebrow prosthetic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

Borrow an eyebrow pencil :P It'll probably take weeks to grow back, think of it like when you got your head shaved and how long that took to grow back to its desired hair length.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

It doesn't take long.

If you smear marmite on it, it grows back within 72 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭Roxy.Randrome

Same thing happened to a mate of mine, he had both shaved off though. Don't use cheap face paint to "model" an eyebrow for yourself.... It looks laughable.

Then again you could just shave the other one off, pronounce it fashion inspired and call yourself fashion forward.....

rarnes1 wrote: »
    If you smear marmite on it, it grows back within 72 hours.
    But you'll either love it or hate it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

Can you do some sort of comb-over from the other one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Happend to me to before, but only half mine got shaved until I somehow woke up. It took about 2 weeks for a half to grow back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

Happened to me twice and I've very dark hair and bushy eyebrows. Took at least 3/4 weeks to grow back. This may sound disgusting but the best thing to do is get a cigarette butt from an ashtray and rub the ash over your eyebrow to draw it on. I did this everyday for work and not one person noticed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

jiltloop wrote: »
    Happened to me twice and I've very dark hair and bushy eyebrows. Took at least 3/4 weeks to grow back. This may sound disgusting but the best thing to do is get a cigarette butt from an ashtray and rub the ash over your eyebrow to draw it on. I did this everyday for work and not one person noticed.

Or rather everyone was polite and said nothing but were really thinking "Here comes Jiltloop the mentalist"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Stiffler2

Dude.... I feel your pain. Google is your friend.

What you need is an eyebrow wig. You can purchase them here :

http://www.eyebrowz.com/wigs.htm

and again - > lol

I prefer to tie KO'd sessioners shoe laces together so when they do finally wake up and attempt to get up & walk well..........hilarity ensues.

Edit : For the crack if you have black hair buy 2 ginger eyebrows and afix them on upside down so you look like an old professor with out of control eyebrows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

Cut out a wedge of pubes, blow a load, smear the naked eyebrow, stick on wedge of pubes, leave it to dry, trim eyebrow pubes to match other eyebrow, you are good to go and no one will notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭RichieC

they got half of mine before i woke some moons back..complete bastards!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Paint half your face completely black. Kinda two-face style from Batman. Not only wouldn't people notice, but you'd also look awesome. Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

My parents and I collected my younger brother from the airport after his school tour, and he was wearing sunglasses. He refused to take them off until we got to the car, where he then revealed his lack of eyebrows. We asked him what happened, and he tried to convince us that they'd "fallen off in the heat" in Spain :D

My mother gave him a brown eyebrow pencil to shade in some fake ones until they eventually grew back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

This is your chance to now go for the Monobrow look with the eyebrow pencil.... or Spock (the Vulcan not the Baby Doctor).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭[Jackass]

MOD WARNING: MUST POST PICS OR GTFO

You need to shave off the other one and then draw them back on with perminant marker until they grow back. Usually takes 3 - 6 months.

• Advertisement
Advertisement