Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fight at Fairview

• 11-11-2011 7:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

Id just like to share my experience with you for one second please.

It happened at Annesley bridge today as it was raining heavily after coming back from the doctor. At traffic lights i heard beeping from a car parked on the foot path and didnt take noticed till i stopped at the lights. An old man mid 60's in the Centra van was struggling to under the submission of a 30 year old scumbag in a scarf and blue rainjacket.

I quickly got off my precious bike and feared that it would get stolen by the scumbag because of the gun he had in his hand. I took off my lock which i keep locked around my waste(resiliant aul thing) and opened the van door. I started swinging for the man and shouting at the top of my voice for him to vacate the place which he did so after giving a few loafs to owner of the van.

The gardas were called and the reg of the car was recaleld by the tenant of the house next door to the accident.

Anyway question is was i right in stopping this crime? would anyone else have done the same thing? the lock is wrecked now but is still a reminder of what happen. shuld i keep an eye out over my shoulder in future? whatdo?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

WAKE UP!! you're having a dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭heno86

im sorry...what?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

I recommend you stay off the LSD and stick to a few joints lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

you should have cuffed the ruffian soundly and damned his impudence by George!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Your share took more than the one second promised

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭MungBean

Giving loafs to the driver ? Ya sure it wasnt the bread man ya beat senseless with the bike lock ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭neilthefunkeone

So the DEA knew the cop's were dirty?.. Well i never!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Dan133269

knotastic wrote: »

It happened at Annesley bridge today as it was raining heavily after coming back from the doctor. At traffic lights i heard beeping from a car parked on the foot path and didnt take noticed till i stopped at the lights. An old man mid 60's in the Centra van was struggling to under the submission of a 30 year old scumbag in a scarf and blue rainjacket.

I quickly got off my precious bike and feared that it would get stolen by the scumbag because of the gun he had in his hand. I took off my lock which i keep locked around my waste(resiliant aul thing) and opened the van door. I started swinging for the man and shouting at the top of my voice for him to vacate the place which he did so after giving a few loafs to owner of the van.

The gardas were called and the reg of the car was recaleld by the tenant of the house next door to the accident.

Anyway question is was i right in stopping this crime? would anyone else have done the same thing? the lock is wrecked now but is still a reminder of what happen. shuld i keep an eye out over my shoulder in future? whatdo?

Scumbags doing BJJ now? Jaysus!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I don't understand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

"The Gardas"

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

If its true fair play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭vampire of kilmainham

thats a load of me bollix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

Stop watching those cop shows, they are not real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Let me see if I can get this straight... you were cycling home when you saw a scumbag trying to rob an old man who was driving a Centra van.

You swung your bicycle lock at the scumbag & he ran off, but not before giving the old man a few loaves of bread.

Nope. It still doesn't make any sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

hondasam wrote: »
    Stop watching those cop shows, they are not real.
    Do they still show Garda Patrol on Irish tv these days ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Scumbags wear scarves now?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Fcuking hell OP, what is wrong with you, you have a waist not a waste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭Ainekav

I started swinging for the man and shouting at the top of my voice for him to vacate the place which he did so after giving a few loafs to owner of the van.

Trent????

Is that you??????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 DarylH

@OP
    Cannot be bothered to quote,
    in light you should not have posted this this late and in this section given all the Fail Trolls try to come out.
    You ere not right to put yourself at danger for someone else because you could have got hurt but fair play for bravery, assuming your tale of courage is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,996 ✭✭✭10green bottles

Scumbags wear scarves now?
    Its all the rage.

OP,admit it,not a word of that is true ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Well OP how can I put this.......What are you fúcking on about?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

But then who was phone?..............WHO WAS PHONE?!?!???!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

I blame 3D TV's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,418 ✭✭✭✭hondasam

I blame chips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,296 ✭✭✭Frank Black

What was the name of this movie?

It sounds like a kinda 'Bourne' adventure type thing, with the old shaky cam where you're not sure what exactly is happening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Let me see if I can get this straight... you were cycling home when you saw a scumbag trying to rob an old man who was driving a Centra van.

You swung your bicycle lock at the scumbag & he ran off, but not before giving the old man a few loaves of bread.

Nope. It still doesn't make any sense.

Not quiet, here's what really happened....

It was raining heavy at the doctors today and the OP noticed two lads on the footpath having some sort of a gay lovers fight in a Centra van. The auld buck was trying to get the younger guy into some sort of a submission hold on the footpath beside the traffic lights .

The OP likes to wear locks and chains (S&M nut). Wanting a piece of the action he raced to the van wielding his lock, but unfortunately he got bitch slapped by the younger guy who fled the scene. But before the young guy fled, he gave some free loaves of bread to the auld guy.

The Gardai arrived and started knocking back cans of tenants on the footpath, while simultaneously questioning a key witness who lives in a house beside the traffic lights. Gardai said they are following a definite line of inquiry.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭Jamiekelly

Here Superman, get off boards.ie and do your job ya lazy f*ck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭InkSlinger67

If I had a cent for the number of dreams I've had about <topic> I'd have €<topic*dream occurance>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

9 times out of 10, these threads are from people saying they didn't help, and the keyboard warriors on here start whingin' that they didn't help, calling them cowards etc.

Now some bloke comes on to say he did help and all he's getting is abuse??

Fair enough, I can understand that people that live outside of a certain area wouldn't know what a "loaf" is but come on, bad grammar does not mean he's lying about it!

PS loaf=headbutt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 OKeeffer

whatdo?

Go back to school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,100 ✭✭✭tommyhaas

The_B_Man wrote: »
    Now some bloke comes on to say he did help and all he's getting is abuse??

If he can tackle a gun yielding man with a bike lock, I'm sure he can handle a bit of internet abuse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Ainekav wrote: »
    Trent????

Is that you??????????????
    Whats Trent up to these days, I've lost touch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

tommyhaas wrote: »
    If he can tackle a gun yielding man with a bike lock, I'm sure he can handle a bit of internet abuse

A gun yielding man? Is that a man that stops when he sees a gun? I'd tackle him with a bike lock too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Ronin247

I know it is a f*cking fantasy,never seen a cyclist stop at traffic lights yet!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭psychward

Latchy wrote: »
    Do they still show Garda Patrol on Irish tv these days ?

I always wear a balaclava when I watch it for more realism

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,664 ✭✭✭policarp

rainjacket.

Must've been a hoodie. . .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭Hyperbullet

One trick is to tell 'em stories that don't go anywhere - like the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on 'em. Give me five bees for a quarter, you'd say.

Now where were we? Oh yeah: the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn't have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

PK2008 wrote: »

Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Cause everyone knows a lock is a far more superior weapon than a pistol :rolleyes:

I guess the guards must have been discussing the alleged pupil/student sex scandle too while this was happening?

NICEEEEEEEE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 thisiswar

Look OP, if this is true you're a Hero.

Problem is I think there's only a 0.1% chance there's any truth in the story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭UglyBolloxFace

I feel for you OP...you were expecting to get a shítload of thanks for your post, weren't you?

I'll let you in on a little secret around here - if your OP had have been written by a mod or a popular, well known poster, everyone would have been falling all over themselves to thank it. That's how it works around here unfortunately. I could link to examples, but you all know exactly what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

I feel for you OP...you were expecting to get a shítload of thanks for your post, weren't you?

I'll let you in on a little secret around here - if your OP had have been written by a mod or a popular, well known poster, everyone would have been falling all over themselves to thank it. That's how it works around here unfortunately. I could link to examples, but you all know exactly what I'm talking about.

Nice try. If OP's story had been written in any way coherently, it would have been taken far more seriously. As it is, it reads like the scribblings of a 9 year old making it significantly less believable.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

So what you're saying is you accidentally the whole thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

It shouldn't be noted the last time a crazy story like this was on AH (The car chase with the shootout) it turned out to be true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,654 ✭✭✭cruiser178

Story is short aliens. Needs more aliens op.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Or, it would've got lots of thanks if it were remotely true.

Or sane.

• Advertisement
Advertisement