Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed on care of Ego-T

• 11-11-2011 7:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi,
    I received my first e-cig, the Ego-T, a few days ago and just got started with it yesterday. I am using 18mg menthol juice.
    So far, so good. I am very impressed by how well it works and feels like smoking analogs. I just had a normal cig this morning and been on the Ego T since.
    I've been researching on-line re maintenance, and have a few questions for you guys which I can't find answers for:
    -It is advised to dismantle the device and place the atomizer upside-down on a paper towel at night. Silly question, I know, but which way is upside down?
    -Can I keep reusing the same cartridge or do I need a new one each time I refill?
    Many thanks for any help.
    Twain

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Twain wrote: »
    -It is advised to dismantle the device and place the atomizer upside-down on a paper towel at night. Silly question, I know, but which way is upside down?
    -Can I keep reusing the same cartridge or do I need a new one each time I refill?
    Many thanks for any help.
    Twain

uh.. i never heard about putting the atomiser upside down, I just left it connected to the battery until I had to take it off to refill or to charge the battery.

if I had to guess upside down would be with the battery end facing up, so that the juice doesn't all pool down the battery connection?.. i dont think it would do that overnight though.. and if it does, nothing a quick wipe with a tissue wouldn't fix

you can refill the cartridges, i dont know if you can keep using them indefinitely or if they wear down/break eventually.. i would imagine they need replacing after a while but afaik you can just slowly pour some juice into the cartridge to top it up/refill it.

i never actually used the standard ego cartridges but you can refill just about everything else I've used so.. stands to reason

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Twain

Thanks for your response, Sir Digby. I think I will follow your example and not disconnect the cartridge from the atomizer at night.

I will have a go at refilling my cartridge tomorrow, when it is empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

I have refilled mine multiple times, seems ok for now.

Do the batteries degrade over time is what I would like to know ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

t|nt|n wrote: »
    I have refilled mine multiple times, seems ok for now.

Do the batteries degrade over time is what I would like to know ?

Yes but your talking about 300 recharges, thats almost a year if you charge it every day. I presume you got 2 batterys in the starter kit so no panic for a while yet.
    When they do start going what happens is they last less time between charges, when it gets annoying replace them or move on to another type of e-cig. With luck in a years time you might just not be bothered.

Advertisement