Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biology-Photosynthesis

• 11-11-2011 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

This is from the Folens SEC Sample Paper which I cant find a marking scheme for anywhere online. I'm a bit confused about how the question is worded.

"Give a brief explanation of the division of photosynthesis into the light stage and the dark stage."

I can briefly explain the light stage and briefly explain the dark stage but as for their division..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

The division is the gap in between the two stages, how it goes into dark stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭BellaVerita

So how the products of the light stage are used in the dark stage basically? Or am I way off the mark?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Is it a Folens sample paper or an SEC sample paper? If it's the former, I wouldn't bother doing them - they're usually poor quality.

Anyway, if I ever got such a poorly worded question in the exam, I'd go by how many marks are on for it (which you can estimate by looking at how the overall marks are most likely distributed). If it was for 6 marks, it'd probably be adequate to state that light phase is light dependent and that dark phase is light independent. If more marks are going, more description of the phases are probably required (products of various phases, etc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    The division is the gap in between the two stages, how it goes into dark stage.

I'd go against this, agreeing with the poster above I'd say how they are differentiated from one another and what are the products from the individual stages.

Advertisement