Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drooly baby

Options
  • 11-11-2011 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I have a 15 month old and his always been a big drooler, even as a very small baby :)

Recently I've notice that under his chin is getting very red and looks quite sore.

Anyone advise what I can do to clear up the redness and help to prevent the rash getting any worse ?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Vaseline can act as a barrier and prevent it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Caldesene powder, clean it, dry it, put the powder on (a light layer) and then blow off any excess.

Use vaseline once it's cleared to protect the area...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Corkie2011

Hi Barr,

There are beads you can get for a baby to ware on there neck, they are suppose to help stop the drooling. You can get them in a aromatherapy store. Don't know if they work, met a lady who had just got them from her baby. Not very attractive on, but if they worked that would be great. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭carfiosaoorl

I second the vaseline idea. My ds was a major drooler as well. Caldesene is brilliant for clearing a rash but be careful putting it on. It can be dangerous if baby inhales it. Put it on your hand first dont pour straight from the container. That is probably obvious though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Barr

Thanks for the replies :)

I'll get some Caldesene powder and try and clear up the rash. I was using sudocrem but it was not making much difference.

Never heard of the beads - has anyone tried them ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Sudocreme wouldn't work, because you're keeping the area wet it will not heal...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Barr wrote: »

Never heard of the beads - has anyone tried them ?

I think the beads he is referring to is an amber necklace like this one. They are meant to be very good to help ease teething pain among other things.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

If you breastfed at all and have any Lanisoh from that it works great to heal up babies cracked/dry skin. We used it when our baby had very sore thumbs from sucking them too much and it was great (also doesn't harm them if they lick it off or anything)

Advertisement