Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Galway maybe Oranmore - schools?

Options
  • 11-11-2011 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey everyone
    We are moving to Galway and possibly looking at renting in Oranmore, we have 3 little ones and the oldest is off to school next year. Does anyone know much about the primary schools in the area? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

There are three primary schools in the village. The girl school beside Calasanctius college in the centre of the village. The boy's school near beech grove on the Renville road and the Gael scoil, on the bog road (just off the old Dublin road).

• Registered Users Posts: 1 shazzobg

hi bunganz, i am in the same position now u were in last year and was wondering how u got on and did u find a school??
    we are moving in march and my son is due to start school in september but its hard to pick a school when i'm not actually in galway!!
    anyway, if u could reply i'd be really grateful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 bunganz

Hi shazzobg, we actually ended up moving to a rural area about 25 mins out of Galway which has been fantastic. My husband commutes and the kids go to the little school and montessori in the area. So sorry I can't really help you out about schools in Oranmore but can totally recommend living a little bit out of Galway if you don't mind the drive. Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

shazzobg wrote: »
    hi bunganz, i am in the same position now u were in last year and was wondering how u got on and did u find a school??
    we are moving in march and my son is due to start school in september but its hard to pick a school when i'm not actually in galway!!
    anyway, if u could reply i'd be really grateful!

Ahh, you won't be "picking" a school.

You will be accepting a place in whatever school happens to have room for him. Expect to be calling a few to find that school.

Good luck.

Advertisement