Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealg Ban, Ladysbridge, Co Cork

Options
  • 11-11-2011 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭

As Listed Here

This is the first set of houses I've seen in a long time that display 'Price on Application' when it comes to their detached offerings.

Question is. I like the area; it's only a 20 minute drive from Cork City and has plenty of room to boot.

If the asking price for the 4 bed semis is 225,000 like on daft..what do you think I should offer for one in order to get the right price?

Now that I think about it - what would be a reasonable offering for one of the fully detached ones? (I like loud music! :D)

Thanks in advance guys!

Mods: Hopefully I haven't breached anything by asking the people here. It's just that I'm an FTB and looking for knowledge from the boardsies in the know (and not so much in the know!)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ddad

I'd look around ladysbridge on daft and myhome to get a guide on what a house like that should make. At rush hour it's 45 minutes minimum to Cork city. Your very close to Castlemartyr and Mogeely and between them you can get anything from anchor bolts to a t bone steak so you won't have to make your way into Midleton that often for provisions. I like the area too. A choice of pubs, shops, schools,beaches, churches and places to eat nearby. The local clubs are strong too and there's a nice community spirit. I'd have reservations about that estate being finished completely for a while yet. I wouldn't worry about losing a bargain either. Prices around there are going one direction for a while yet. Best of luck

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

If you offered €150k for the 4 bed detached they should bite your arm off.

There is only a picture of a house not an actual house. Makes me think this is a ghost estate/curently being built. You could buy one and have empty houses next to you forever.
    Ladysbridge is on the outskirts of Castlemartyr. Castlemartyr. That's a long commute to Cork or where ever you plan on working.
    In a supply and demand world there is far more supply of these estates-in-the-backarse-of-nowhere that demand. So you should be able to offer anything from €100-€150 and get a positive response.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭FGR

€150k?! Now that would be a dream come true!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Are they the houses on the way to Garryvoe?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

€150k?! Now that would be a dream come true!

Well that's the reality in lots of other countries with similar incomes to us. Just hang in there, let this bubble burst properly.

• Advertisement

Speak of the devil..the asking for that house is €265,000. No way I'd pay that.

dory wrote: »
    Just hang in there, let this bubble burst properly.

You're right. I think I'll hold off and concentrate on doing a little more saving. Bigger Deposit & Lower Price would be ideal for me.

I can recall around 2006 when learning my trade and a colleague mentioned to me his mortgage on a 5 bed self build just outside of Wexford was about €350 a month over 25 years. He built it back in the late 90s. I was in awe as I couldn't even imagine a shed being sold with a mortgage that low.

Looks like we might end up going down that road if your predictions are right, Dory! :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

As Listed Here

Question is. I like the area; it's only a 20 minute drive from Cork City and has plenty of room to boot.

If you're driving the Batmobile at 4 in the morning.
    Closer to 40 minutes at best. Midleton isn't 20 minutes from cork city with traffic, and this is a good 15 - 25 minutes outside midleton.
    Bear in mind the traffic black hole known as castlemartyr.

Advertisement