Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for 40" Sony Bravia KDL-CX523 TV

Options
  • 11-11-2011 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm looking for a 40" Sony Bravia KDL-CX523 LCD TV at a good price.
    I've thought about using Amazon & DeliverMe.ie but the price has jumped up £50 since yesterday.
    I've also tried DID today and a few other stores but no joy.
    Argos had them a while ago, but they are all sold out now.

Any help would be great, thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭Galia

How much are you willing to get it for and how much is the lowest you are offered at this moment get it for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Hi Sher55,
    Yeah, still on the look out, however a boards user, Ogham, found a UK place that's delivering to Ireland for approx €540;
    BHS have the same model for £467 inc delivery to Ireland. They seem to have only good reviews in the UK - might be worth a try ?

That looks like my best bet atm.
    My only concern is about the £100 cashback deal that Sony are offering and if it would be valid if the TV was purchased from UK and cashback claimed in Ireland.
    I'd imagine it's probably OK to do that, just can't seem to find any info online to confirm that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭podge3

Whats the difference between the KDL40CX520 and KDL40CX523?

Powercity have the KDL40CX520 for €560, less the €120 cashback: http://powercity.ie/?par=10-13-40CX52&pages=1&prod=40CX52&brands=SONY&image=

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

podge3 wrote: »
    Whats the difference between the KDL40CX520 and KDL40CX523?

I believe the cx520 has Freeview Standard Definition & the cx523 is Freeview HD compatible.
    I know that's the UK's Digital TV format but the TV is saorview approved; http://www.saorview.ie/products-retailers/saorview-approved-product-listings/sony/
    and the CX523 probably means it can receive Saorview HD channels as well,
    (I only guessing about that btw).
    Either way, the CX523 is a updated version of the 520.

Advertisement