Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old supersaver discount rate - need to register?

Options
  • 11-11-2011 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

I signed up to this in June I think, but never registered online.

Having done this now, I see that I am only getting a 9% discount on the standard electricity price, whereas I should be getting 17% (dual fuel).

I found one post here where a poster seemed to be saying you had to register to get that discount. As far as I can see I received no email to tell me that. No e-mails from ESB at all.

Anyhow, will my registration automatically trigger the 17% discount?
    Is there any way that will be retrospectively applied?

I've never received any ESB paper bills, but strangely I am receiving gas bills even though that bill does include the online billing discount.

Ix.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭ixtlan

Actually I think I'm wrong...

The discount is 9% but the rates are lower than I would expect, so maybe the supersaver is being applied?

0.1373 Day
    0.0679 Night

Ix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi ixtlan,

Your bill showing a 9% discount would actually be correct - the core discount of 8% is integrated into the unit prices themselves, while the optional discounts (in your case the full 9% - 4% for direct debit, 2% for online billing and an additional 3% for being a dual fuel customer) are then deducted once the total units have been calculated. So you should be receiving the full 17% (which will hold good until 31st March 2012).

This is the format the priceplans took (when they were available) in the relevant section of our website, but I can understand there being some confusion.

Re: not having registered for online billing/still receiving paper bills; if you PM me your details I'll sort this out for you.

Thanks,

David.

Advertisement