Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disc not in box

Options
  • 11-11-2011 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Purchased a pre-owned game at a large game store in Dublin but unfortunately when I got home and checked the box for the first time there was no disc in the box.

Now I know it sounds ridiculous, but I was distracted by an issue at the adjacent check-out while my purchase was being checked out and I'd assumed the staff member had put the disc in the box from a slid out tray under the counter like in most stores.

I have a reciept for the item and even loyalty card points, but no disc. I'd imagine CCTV footage is the only way it could be definitively proven that I didn't receive the disc.

Where do I stand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just go back to the shop and explain it to them.

They're bound to have the CD in a drawer there, and will sort you out quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭JohnDigital

Go back to the store, if they didn't put the disc in the box it's probably still in the drawer. I can't imagine it will be a problem to sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Corruptable

That's what I'm planning on doing, live down the country so I'm not in Dublin that often but I'm going to arrange a day with the manager.

According to other sites, with former game/media retail staff on them, they say it can happen often enough, just a simple mistake.

Advertisement