Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

great dining in wexford?

Options
  • 11-11-2011 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

I'm looking to have a nice lunch( 20-25 euro a head) with a friend tomorrow. would love some feedback on a good place to dine?
    enniscorthy, ferns, clonroche area or in surrounding areas.
    any suggestions? hotel, restaurant but country house preferrably.
    Thanks in advance. we are both vegetarians but not limited to veggie fare only establishment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Probably outside your radius but D'lush in the Arts Centre in Wexford Town along with Stable Diet are probably the best for your party

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

Not in the area you are looking for, but I guarantee once you try Cistin Eile on South main st, you will return many times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

The Baked Potato in Rafter St (I think) in Enniscorthy, or The Square (formerly Shenanigans) in, you guessed it, The Square, Enniscorthy too.

Both have lovely food

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

Ledger wrote: »
    The Baked Potato in Rafter St (I think) in Enniscorthy, or The Square (formerly Shenanigans) in, you guessed it, The Square, Enniscorthy too.

Both have lovely food
    Are you having a laugh?

TheChevron wrote: »
    Are you having a laugh?

care to expand on that?

• Advertisement

care to expand on that?
    The Square's food is not nice. That is all. It is passable bub grub that, at best, would be used to fill a gap. It is definitely not nice and I would not be sending anyone there who was looking for a good place to eat.

The Square's food is not nice. That is all. It is passable bub grub that, at best, would be used to fill a gap. It is definitely not nice and I would not be sending anyone there who was looking for a good place to eat.

well any time I was there I never had a problem with it. Food was lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Ambush Rebel 2010

A bit out of your reach but would really reccommend http://www.theyard.ie/ was there earlier in the with the GF

10/10 in my opinion

well any time I was there I never had a problem with it. Food was lovely.
    There have been a few decent recommendations in this thread. The Yard and Cistin Eile in Wexford, and I would recommend the Riverside Park Hotel in Enniscorthy for nice food. The Square is miles off any of those places in terms of nice food. Its basic pub grub, done averagely.

I feel sorry for your taste buds:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

How bout Vio Veneto in Enniscorthy (if its still open) ......... food fab there last time I was there...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thirtypence

hi, im looking for a restaurant in wexford town for tomorrow night (friday), anyone recommend a good restaurant that are offering a bit of value at the minute?

thanks

hi, im looking for a restaurant in wexford town for tomorrow night (friday), anyone recommend a good restaurant that are offering a bit of value at the minute?

thanks

Cistin Eile, South Main St.

Emerald Gardens is quality, and not that expensive, but only if your after Chinese food obv!:D

Cistin Eile, South Main St.

Emerald Gardens is quality, and not that expensive, but only if your after Chinese food obv!:D

Was in Cistin for lunch today Mr Griffin, top notch and good value. It's the top rated Wexford restaurant on Tripadvisor. Must try an evening meal soon

oldyouth wrote: »
    Was in Cistin for lunch today Mr Griffin, top notch and good value. It's the top rated Wexford restaurant on Tripadvisor. Must try an evening meal soon

Top rated is right Mr. Youth. Nice touch from the chef to come out to every diner to meet them after the meal also.

For a good giggle, look up the reviews on the Cedar Lodge. Never was in there myself, but Trip Advisor provides and intriguing insight.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭MrSausage

Top rated is right Mr. Youth. Nice touch from the chef to come out to every diner to meet them after the meal also.

For a good giggle, look up the reviews on the Cedar Lodge. Never was in there myself, but Trip Advisor provides and intriguing insight.

Some funny reviews and replies there!!

Was there for a private function once and called in before that to see if it would be a nice place to book a dinner. I have to agree with the sentiment in the reviews. The most unwelcoming place I was ever in

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Larkins on the rosslare road do excellent food as do the drinagh court hotel

I always feel the food in the Drinagh Court has been cooked earlier and then re-heated. Nothing fresh about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

oldyouth wrote: »
    I always feel the food in the Drinagh Court has been cooked earlier and then re-heated. Nothing fresh about it.

I don't know about that . I always get a nice meal there

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I don't know about that . I always get a nice meal there

+1

Deffo cooked fresh

• Advertisement

vicwatson wrote: »
    +1

Deffo cooked fresh

I wouldnt agree. Not too long ago I had the Cod and chips out there for lunch, and they hadnt even removed the bones from the fish, while the batter was soggy.

If you cant get something like fish & chips right, I would fear for the rest of the menu

I wouldnt agree. Not too long ago I had the Cod and chips out there for lunch, and they hadnt even removed the bones from the fish, while the batter was soggy.

If you cant get something like fish & chips right, I would fear for the rest of the menu

That's your experience, the last time I was in there I had sweet and sour chicken and thought it was delicious. OH had Chick curry and also thought it was really nice.

Heading to Greenacres for our office xmas lunch. Is it any use? aAny recommended dishes?

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭boardbrowser

Thanks to everyone for your feedback on restaurants in wexford area, much appreciated.

Heading to Greenacres for our office xmas lunch. Is it any use? aAny recommended dishes?

Had lunch there one Saturday and they had veal on the menu, it was delicious !

They might only have a Christmas menu on now though.

Advertisement